Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
protgent

IWADINFO not working

Question

when i go to launch qzdoom(the source port for my doom game) it does not pick up my iwad

its an iwad file

and here is the code 

IWad
{
    Name = "Tuck's Quest"
    AutoName = "TQ"
    Game = "Doom"
    Config = "Doom"
    StartupType = "Hexen"
    BannerColors = "000000, 23FF00"
}

yet it does not pop up on qzdoom, is it because im use Qzdoom and not Gzdoom? or is my code wrong?

12 answers to this question

On 5/16/2019 at 5:35 PM, Tuckymonster said:

when i go to launch qzdoom(the source port for my doom game) it does not pick up my iwad

its an iwad file

and here is the code 

IWad
{
    Name = "Tuck's Quest"
    AutoName = "TQ"
    Game = "Doom"
    Config = "Doom"
    StartupType = "Hexen"
    BannerColors = "000000, 23FF00"
}

yet it does not pop up on qzdoom, is it because im use Qzdoom and not Gzdoom? or is my code wrong?

First of all, QZDoom is just an experimental branch for GZDoom. You should be using the latest release of GZDoom.

Second, what file format is your iwad? It should be an .ipk3 or .iwad file format. Last, make sure your IWAD is actually in the GZDoom directory, or a directory that GZDoom looks at for IWADs.

also, how can i make it so when you launch the gzdoom(with custom iwad) it will auto set controls(like the adventures of square)

24 minutes ago, unpleasantmarine said:

it works fine for me- although im using gzdoom

have you made sure your iwad is in the same folder where your qzdoom exe is?

i mean we fixed the iwad is working, but how can i make a custom settings that you DONT have to go through zdoom and change all the settings? the iwad auto fills settings, so like it gives you WASD moment and stuff,

On 5/19/2019 at 2:04 PM, Tuckymonster said:

i mean we fixed the iwad is working, but how can i make a custom settings that you DONT have to go through zdoom and change all the settings? the iwad auto fills settings, so like it gives you WASD moment and stuff,

I would search the ZDoom wiki and/or dig around in Adventures of Square to figure out how it is done.