Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

20 minutes ago, Marlamir said:

I will ask anyway :p Have you been inspired by those half-life zombies or not?They  kinda reminds me them

No, not at all, i've just have in mind to make a deformed zombieman from hell influence, nothing else.

18 minutes ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Wait. Arachnotrons are spiders (sort-of) and the former human is well... a human... So did you just make a hellish version of spiderman? O_o

I don't think putting spiderman and the devil togheter in one sentence can be a good idea

4 hours ago, Lutz said:

So, you want to add hundreds of tiny, gameplay-irrelevant sectors, huh?  One word: shadows.

Egypt02.png

Love screenshots with meticulous shadow work.

7 hours ago, Lutz said:

So, you want to add hundreds of tiny, gameplay-irrelevant sectors, huh?  One word: shadows.

Egypt02.png

I need this in a frame, on a wall in my house. Great texturing and those shadows...wow.

1 hour ago, Rhebiz said:

@Lutz When will this be finished?

At the current rate of production, maybe 2025.

Honestly, I'll probably end up asking for help.  The project (tentatively "The Outer Worlds") is planned not unlike Scythe -- a batch of 3 or 4 similarly-themed levels, then a radical jump to another batch -- so it would work nicely if a few additional developers want to pick a theme and run with it for a few maps.  I was hoping to get a little further along before I created a project thread, though.

1 hour ago, Lutz said:

At the current rate of production, maybe 2025.

Honestly, I'll probably end up asking for help.  The project (tentatively "The Outer Worlds") is planned not unlike Scythe -- a batch of 3 or 4 similarly-themed levels, then a radical jump to another batch -- so it would work nicely if a few additional developers want to pick a theme and run with it for a few maps.  I was hoping to get a little further along before I created a project thread, though.

Which format are you mapping in?

I can only upload like 500kb's of stuff so heres a 70% complete map layout:

eweeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.PNG.54eefd6418ca1151a3cf11731ce87a1a.PNG

3 hours ago, GoatLord said:

Which format are you mapping in?

Boom (generic limit-removing)

5 hours ago, Marn said:

I finally figured out the secret to speedmapping. I aim to have this done in two days or so.

image.png.6f18131618ee480440acd8546a458a09.png

Nice. But, what is the secret? (seriously)

6 hours ago, A2Rob said:

7c91Xi6.png

Just turn around the crate and you have a perfect low-cost replica of the Kaaba from Mecca.

la-kaaba-batiment-en-forme-de-cube-recou

3 hours ago, franckFRAG said:

Oh, a Crate of Hell :P

That was my first impression, too.  "From out of the Hellmouth loomed a terrifying visage, and it was called Cubix, the demon of Unattainable Storage and Defiler of Warehouse Mazes..."

Really nice use of that orange pastel flat, as well as keeping your texture choices concise. I've gone with that hard orange goopy flat so a lot of the more ornate stuff doesn't blend well, pushing me to focus on hard browns and gray/black rocky textures. There's quite a bit of versatility in the Mayhem set, but it's really focused on a lot of realism and elaborate architecture, which is pretty antithetical to modern doom mapping nowadays. Feels like a set the russian community would adore circa 2010.

12 minutes ago, dobu gabu maru said:

There's quite a bit of versatility in the Mayhem set

Yeah, I think there are some textures in it that I'll pinch for later use in another map or two, because I've taken a liking to some of them. At the same time I found it very hard to work out what sort of "theme" would work for me.

When I started the map, I was trying to go into the brown "flesh" textures, and those really ended up looking slightly bland to me, because they didn't make for nice contrasts in the end. So I left the first building I made behind, and started another one (screenie 1 and 2 above), where I finally had a theme coming together that I ended up enjoying a lot more. Also I just now noticed screenie 1 and 2 are outdated WIP shots, but whatever :P

Some nice shots, Mayhem19 looks like being another fine effort.

@Lutz The only issue I have with your shots is the environments look more like somewhere I like to go on holiday, rather than fighting demons. Fantastic stuff...

I am currently redoing a made for Switcheroom 2 to feel more worthwhile to the project aims as my previous effort felt more like a re-texturing. It is pretty much finished apart from some final monster placement and implementation of difficulty levels.

switch14h.png

Edited by cannonball

On 5/18/2019 at 6:05 AM, Night Avenger said:

I thought something was a bit off and now know its not meant to look like this at all and trying any wad/iwad has the same weird colour palette thing which im yet to fix. 

But man still looks awesome in hurt!

Screenshot_Doom_20190518_004037.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190518_004736.png

Check the saturation settings in display options of GZdoom. Its supposed to be a 1.0 by default. But by looking at your screenshots, it might be accidentally set to -1.0 or something. Alternately, if it is already set to 1.0, try setting it to -1.0 and see if it helps.