Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

These must be your best screens to date. Your sense of visual balance (geometry and color) greatly improved compared to your previous maps, judging by these. If your gameplay chops improved at the same rate I have good times ahead of me :D

1 hour ago, Kira said:

These must be your best screens to date. Your sense of visual balance (geometry and color) greatly improved compared to your previous maps, judging by these. If your gameplay chops improved at the same rate I have good times ahead of me :D

Thanks! It definitely feels like I'm getting better at gameplay elements (whether that is true remains to be seen). Been experimenting with more asymmetric designs which both look cool and lend themselves to better potential combat situations. Having a disgustingly good time making this map. 

of course, it is totally unplayable in my engine (it chokes at single-digit FPS, and doesn't have gzdoom features map needs), but visuals are stunning. (tbh, it is not playable in GZDoom too on my PC).

two screenshots from k8vavoom, stenciled lighting mode (don't mind missing things and textures, please).

Spoiler

m0yn21.png

qkj40f.png

p.s.: just to make it clear: maps are from @Bridgeburner56. but lighting is done by my engine. so i think i still can call it "my doom pictures" technically. ;-)

Edited by ketmar

22 hours ago, Rayziik said:

Time for purple.

Looks lovely~! But that redrock texture tiles something nasty... :P

1777180401_TMoD3D19.png.e02d675e0bf63228602b269a0932cb8a.png

I gotta admit, I have been slacking a lot with TMoD 3D as of late... kinda lost care for it for some time. Hopefully with me posting an alpha build that can help me boost my concentration and will power. Meantime! This is a pic of the new VR training map! To the right continues the training but if you've played before, just head to the portal.

On 5/23/2019 at 9:09 AM, ketmar said:

of course, it is totally unplayable in my engine (it chokes at single-digit FPS, and doesn't have gzdoom features map needs), but visuals are stunning. (tbh, it is not playable in GZDoom too on my PC).

two screenshots from k8vavoom, stenciled lighting mode (don't mind missing things and textures, please).

p.s.: just to make it clear: maps are from @Bridgeburner56. but lighting is done by my engine. so i think i still can call it "my doom pictures" technically. ;-)

So this is what this map is meant to look like

Screenshot-Doom-20190524-170821.png
Screenshot-Doom-20190204-225502.png

You can play anything in any port that you want but this is designed for gzdoom and the 'ray tracing' looks ... not good. And there is the repeating midtex that looks even worse.

Edited by Bridgeburner56

I hope the MIDI for this map is a rendition of Korobeiniki.

10 minutes ago, Сhaingunner said:

Nice idea! I had been doing something similar in my doom e2 replacement in progress about month ago. But i used sprites as shadows. :D

Sounds like a good idea too!

4 hours ago, Jaska said:

See this and be amazed! Easy way to implement midtexture shadows to a wall.

How I haven't thought this ages ago! Has it's issues but now I'm using this everywhere, heh. Or not.

wUVHp5O.png

Side effect is that the shadow of the hanging vines is darker than the shadow of the wooden pillars.

(Also it doesn't extend to the ceiling, so maybe this trick is better used in outdoors scenes where the ceiling is a sky?)

10 hours ago, Gez said:

Side effect is that the shadow of the hanging vines is darker than the shadow of the wooden pillars.

(Also it doesn't extend to the ceiling, so maybe this trick is better used in outdoors scenes where the ceiling is a sky?)

Yes, there are problems but it works good enough if you don't start to think about it.

Wait, he didn't correct the aspect ratio of the titlepic?

15 hours ago, Tango said:

@Slipgate Tourist that looks so good!! is this from a WIP project?

It's from a great wad called What dwells within. Surprisingly this is the author's first wad which is almost unbelievable since this episode is of such high quality. There are a few levels that have some cheap chaingunner traps but other than that it's good doomin'.

I was playing with ZDoom, the Random Deaths & Decorations mod, this smooth animation mod and btsxhud-vanilla.pk3.

To me it plays similar to Ultimate Simplicity and Some maps from some episode of some-megawad which are both excellent too.

edit: Some screenshots of the secret level which is a cool

Spoiler

reimagining of E1M1445768F17CA6C01FE4B5B1DD268E08987750D907

C661577C6027CA47B31A1C237EF5F2583FD4E91A

Edited by Slipgate Tourist

On 5/26/2019 at 1:12 AM, ukiro said:

Wait, he didn't correct the aspect ratio of the titlepic?

The nonstandard aspect ratio of Doom assets has got to be my #1 Doom pet peeve of all time for all the trouble it's caused over the years.