• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MsKaye

SIGIL v1.21 - New Romero megawad [released!]

4 hours ago, Ripspleen said:

Si666il is what I'm going with.

I know Romero is a fan of UPPERCASE.

Received my confirmation email that my standard box has been shipped :)

15 minutes ago, NaturalTvventy said:

I hate how you can walk through MIDVINE in this wad. Completely not allowed in classic DOOM.

I never allow that.

10 hours ago, General Rainbow Bacon said:

I ordered the beast box and it's the confirmation I got.  Check your invoice, it probably has two parts. 

Nope, just one confirmation atm. I checked my orders, and for the standard box it shows the Asendia tracking number. For the beast box not. Guess they do not ship all boxes at once. Do I have to wait a little bit longer.

1 hour ago, NaturalTvventy said:

I hate how you can walk through MIDVINE in this wad. Completely not allowed in classic DOOM.

Doesn't it happen all the time in Plutonia though?

9 minutes ago, Space Marinara said:

Doesn't it happen all the time in Plutonia though?

I don't think it ever happens actually.

Edit: maybe a few cases like the bridge that you can lower in MAP02. I'm basically playing it in autopilot by now so that kind of thing doesn't register anymore heh.

7 hours ago, Megalyth said:

All that means is that they've moved the items to the shipping department, where they will be hand-wrapped with home-made cellophane and packaged in wooden crates. Their master calligrapher expertly scribes the shipping labels made of the finest parchment.

Exactly.

7 hours ago, Megalyth said:

Like some others here, I wasn't all that hyped to play the episode, but the more time that passes, the more impatient I've become.

I'm the opposite - I can relax, now that it's on the way.

5 hours ago, NaturalTvventy said:

I know, right? What is this, Spear of Destiny?

15 hours ago, Ripspleen said:

Si666il is what I'm going with.

Why not Si6g6il

tracking is showing that i'll have my standard box by the end of the day monday!  didnt think i'd get mail on memorial day though?

Tracking still not working for me. The email says that you should check asendia if the tracking number starts with an “A”, which it does. After I enter the tracking number on their site, it displays an (almost) empty box that only says “Shipment Facts:” and “Postal Tracking#”.

Honestly, I'm beginning to regret that I ordered the beast box... Maybe I could have a shipping confirmation by now if I ordered the standard box...

1 minute ago, SamuelNMEvander said:

Honestly, I'm beginning to regret that I ordered the beast box... Maybe I could have a shipping confirmation by now if I ordered a standard box...

I ordered both and haven't gotten the notification for either yet.

Maybe it's a regional thing, or maybe you ordering the beast box magically complicated the shipping and delayed it. Well, hopefully we'll get more info on standard boxes next week. And beast box shipment the next. I'll say it, we'll get to play SIGIL in june. 

It might be that you weren't part of the latest shipping round. I doubt they are sending everything at the same time.

Unclear.

Initially Romero said one week after it starts shipping, but then recently he said one week after they arrive.

I wouldn't be surprised if once they start arriving the free version of the wad that's included in the disks will end up being leaked one way or the other though. But after waiting for months, yet another week is not a huge difference anyway.

Someone asked him on twitter or somewhere and I forget the answer but it's further up this feed with a screenshot

5 hours ago, mjf6866 said:

tracking is showing that i'll have my standard box by the end of the day monday!  didnt think i'd get mail on memorial day though?

Yeah since USPS is doing the finally drop off I'm assuming it's not coming Monday and the UPS site isn't accounting for that but I'd love to be wrong. I have the same delivery date.

Wow I just got mine today, the standard box. Amazing! I notice they ship from Apex, NC so maybe that's why. I live in NC. :D

It looks awesome. The art on the front extrudes out from the box some and it is pretty much the old school big box dimensions. A little wider than the Quake box it seems. They also gave me a little holographic LRG card with the SI6IL art on it. Great stuff.

Now the question is... do I open now or wait? I don't know what to do!

Edited by Nevander : Add some stuff

8 minutes ago, Nevander said:

I just hope the free version is not delayed until after all the buyers have opened their boxes and played it xD

Congrats, though :)

25 minutes ago, Nevander said:

Wow I just got mine today, the standard box. Amazing! I notice they ship from Apex, NC so maybe that's why. I live in NC. :D

It looks awesome. The art on the front extrudes out from the box some and it is pretty much the old school big box dimensions. A little wider than the Quake box it seems. They also gave me a little holographic LRG card with the SI6IL art on it. Great stuff.

Go buy Rechargeable Tyvek Desiccant Packets and Dehumidifiers and drop a bunch of them in the original shipping box that your big box shipped in. Then tape up your box again and store it in a cool, dry place. In 50 years put said box on ebay.

32 minutes ago, Nevander said:

Got mine a few hours ago too. Just beat it a few minutes ago, actually.

Romero sure did make me his bitch.

1 hour ago, Nevander said:

Absolutely open it! You get to go in with no real preconceptions, which won't be the case for most of us when opinions start flooding the Internet.

Enjoy it!