Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
grandgreed

Hexen Neural Texture Pack

23 hours ago, theleo_ua said:

3D model of fighter's weapon1

Where do we find this?  That looks great!  Especially the idle animation...

Edit:  Just saw that this is a model pack for Doomsday, not GZDoom. Looks awesome. That guy is super talented!

Edited by dpkonofa

27 minutes ago, dpkonofa said:

Edit:  Just saw that this is a model pack for Doomsday, not GZDoom. Looks awesome. That guy is super talented!

dpknofa we want the same thing!!!!

Please someone make this amazing skin (fighter's weapon 1) work with gzdoom! This skin is amazing

The video of the animation show the stuff, it looks ok for a 3D stuff but the animation looks not good, you have a big fist and when you use it, the arm/fist seem skinny... but yeah off topic, make maybe a topic for that?

That video is kind of old. There's a showcase reel of what it looks like on Doomsday page and it looks great, especially the Frost Shards. /end

Now back to the neuralizing!

23 hours ago, dpkonofa said:

22 hours ago, stranger753roma said:

dpknofa we want the same thing!!!!

Please someone make this amazing skin (fighter's weapon 1) work with gzdoom! This skin is amazing

All, who want GZDoom version, PM me plz

21 hours ago, Manhs said:

The video of the animation show the stuff, it looks ok for a 3D stuff but the animation looks not good, you have a big fist and when you use it, the arm/fist seem skinny...

yes, because:

1) When I ported this to GZDoom, I used fov120 as basic fov (because I play with fov120), so GZDoom version of the model is created and designed only for fov 120 (I didn't have any plans to upload this to the internet, also this is the main reason of "why I still not created a topics with links to my mods", because imho they are not ready for mass public sharing)

2) I don't like original behavior of punch animation (expecially with 3d model at fov120), because it don't look like a punch, it's like a fighter saying "hello, give me five" to monsters. This is the reason of modification of this model from my side (both for Doomsday and GZDoom), to increase the amplitude of the punch movement

3) Also I don't like original idle animation, because you cannot see how beautiful the model is. Yes, original behaviour matching the sprite (you only see 2 fingers of left hand and 2 pixels of right hand), but my highest priority goal is to take pleasure, not to discover the original behavior (which is lower priority goal) and I want to see the whole model, not the part of it. This is the reason of offfset modifications of this model (both in Doomsday and GZDoom)

4) Also I don't like when left hand is displayed during punch animation (like in original mod), so I removed it in my modifications (both for GZDoom and Doomsday)

Here is how it look like in my latest versions of Doomsday and GZDoom modifications:

Doomsday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBxM8C2gD5c&list=PL5QwAqOy7WACZbw4OKosShl_Jzyeq_FMv&disable_polymer=true&t=0h29m20s#t=0h29m20s (watch at 0:29:20)

GZDoom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW_4UxYaazw&list=PL5QwAqOy7WACZbw4OKosShl_Jzyeq_FMv&index=3&disable_polymer=true&t=0h09m46s#t=0h09m46s (watch at 0:09:46)

Yes, Doomsday animation modification is unfinished (should look like as in GZDoom, I plan to fix it)

12 hours ago, dpkonofa said:

That video is kind of old. There's a showcase reel of what it looks like on Doomsday page and it looks great, especially the Frost Shards. /end

Now back to the neuralizing!

Here is the latest version of demonstrations:

1) Original in doomsday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekgKPkloo3Q&list=PL5QwAqOy7WACZbw4OKosShl_Jzyeq_FMv&index=106&disable_polymer=true&t=0h00m00s#t=0h00m00s

2) My modification in Doomsday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBxM8C2gD5c&list=PL5QwAqOy7WACZbw4OKosShl_Jzyeq_FMv&disable_polymer=true&t=0h29m20s#t=0h29m20s (watch at 0:29:20)

3) My modification in GZDoom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW_4UxYaazw&list=PL5QwAqOy7WACZbw4OKosShl_Jzyeq_FMv&index=3&disable_polymer=true&t=0h09m46s#t=0h09m46s (watch at 0:09:46)

Yes, there are no original version in GZDoom because I'm not interested in original version

And yes, most of the models (from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekgKPkloo3Q&list=PL5QwAqOy7WACZbw4OKosShl_Jzyeq_FMv&index=106&disable_polymer=true&t=0h00m00s#t=0h00m00s and this page https://talk.dengine.net/discussion/1145/sapphire-wand/p1 , including frost shards) are ported to GZDoom in my mods (for fov120 of course), except serpent staff (because serpent staff is in FBX format https://www.artstation.com/artwork/NobJJ )

23 hours ago, Manhs said:

but yeah off topic, make maybe a topic for that?

You are right. You can create it if you want, and give me the link. I still not created it by myself because of some important reasons, but if a lot of people will ask me in PM (for this mod), maybe I will create this topic

Ideal plan from my point of view is to finish the mods first (and also to make them ready for mass public internet sharing), and only after this to create topics with links and descriptions, but in this way it will happen in 2022 or later:)

On 3/13/2019 at 10:09 AM, theleo_ua said:

All, who want GZDoom version, PM me plz

Yes, please!  PM sent!

grandgreed,

1) please rename some of your sprites in GZDoom pack in patches folder, using this guide: https://zdoom.org/wiki/Sprite#Hexen.wad

2) you have next files:

INVUB0.png
INVUC0.png
INVUD0.png

but where is INVUA0.png ?

Thank you in advance

Edited by theleo_ua

I do not mind, but doom not?
upscale 2x version has not changed significantly, is it possible to be realese?

8 hours ago, sweety80 said:

I do not mind, but doom not?
upscale 2x version has not changed significantly, is it possible to be realese?

And also, what about Strife?

Great work. I've been playing through Hexen for the past couple of days using this mod. It looks unbelievable. 
I did, however, found a couple of issues with skies in certain areas. I fixed it myself on my end but you might want to fix it yourself for the next release.

First: SKYWALL.png and SKYWALL2.png. You need to make the black part of these files transparent by masking the mountains, otherwise the black part will cover the sky texture making the sky look black on Wasteland, Caves, Woods etc...

Second: SKYFOG2.. doesn't look right and make the sky mostly black in the swamp. I fixed just by deleting the file, copying SKYFOG and renaming to SKYFOG2.. perhaps the wrong way to fix it but it made it look right.

I will let you know if I come across something else.

11 hours ago, V I D A L said:

found a couple of issues

Thanks for your attention. Already fixed it.

40 minutes ago, grandgreed said:

Thanks for your attention. Already fixed it.

While we're at it.. can you shed some light on the Doom upscale mod as well?

So I first tried Hexen and it blew my mind how clean and sharp everything looks. It really looks like a remastered that I could see being sold on Steam etc.. 

Then I tried Doom and my first reaction was thinking the mod didn't work... I had to go back in forth to notice the difference as they were quite minimal. What make these mods so different? I heard Doom was scaled only 2x.. Was Hexen more? What gives?

Thanks for your work. I can't wait to play Herectic again next.

Hello,

First we would like to say thankyou for the brilliant upscaled textures, they are world class, the best ever seen.

So we setup Hexen with a new mod called ''Brutal Hexen RPG'' which is absolutely fantastic, may we ask for a request if its not too much trouble? Its regarding the HUD elements like the fonts and numbers which the RPG mod has applied a new HUD element but it looks like the default textures are used? Could it be possible to upscale the Brutal RPG mod also? Sorry for asking but if we could somehow upscale the fonts and numbers it would look outstanding.

Also on a search for GZDoom games and found this gem which I have never seen before, its amazing! Its ''Castlevania: Simon's Destiny v1.4''

https://www.moddb.com/mods/castlevania-simons-destiny/downloads/castlevania-simons-destiny-v14

Please upscale this work of art, it would be world class.

Thankyou very much for your time and hope to speak soon.

On 5/16/2019 at 5:29 AM, DOOM_X900 said:

Hello,

First we would like to say thankyou for the brilliant upscaled textures, they are world class, the best ever seen.

So we setup Hexen with a new mod called ''Brutal Hexen RPG'' which is absolutely fantastic, may we ask for a request if its not too much trouble? Its regarding the HUD elements like the fonts and numbers which the RPG mod has applied a new HUD element but it looks like the default textures are used? Could it be possible to upscale the Brutal RPG mod also? Sorry for asking but if we could somehow upscale the fonts and numbers it would look outstanding.

Also on a search for GZDoom games and found this gem which I have never seen before, its amazing! Its ''Castlevania: Simon's Destiny v1.4''

https://www.moddb.com/mods/castlevania-simons-destiny/downloads/castlevania-simons-destiny-v14

Please upscale this work of art, it would be world class.

Thankyou very much for your time and hope to speak soon.

Better watch out, dpkonofa is going to get his panties in a bunch since you made a request regarding a project he had nothing to do with but has taken it upon himself to over see and spew ignoriant comments about...

I've already brought up that this mod is only compatible as is and although the work is excellent, for those of us not running hardware from 1995, it's unfortunately very limited or causes breakage when run with other mods.

There are several ongoing projects for tons of classic games where the same method is being used to upscale all the game assets normally titled as a "remaster". Might want to try there if you haven't already received a response.

21 hours ago, Malice said:

taken it upon himself to over see and spew ignoriant comments about

What is wrong with you, dude? It's not ignorant to ask for people to stay on topic in a thread. Your requests were both outside the scope of the project and not related to the thread. As you were told by the author of the project and just as I said, they're only working on content from the original games. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that people stay on topic with comments that actually apply to the project the thread is about.

On 5/16/2019 at 4:29 AM, DOOM_X900 said:

Its regarding the HUD elements like the fonts and numbers which the RPG mod has applied a new HUD element but it looks like the default textures are used? Could it be possible to upscale the Brutal RPG mod also? Sorry for asking but if we could somehow upscale the fonts and numbers it would look outstanding.

This has already kinda been answered before but it's probably because of the load order of those elements. If the RPG mod is including graphics that have the same names as the graphics in the neural mod but it's being loaded after, then those will overwrite the graphics from the neural mod. The reverse is also true but the author, as of yet, has decided to just leave out files he hasn't made yet so those will get pulled from the original game first and then from your mod, in that order.

Also, sprite textures like the tiny numbers used in the HUD are some of the hardest elements to do with the neural software being used on this project because the textures actually have to be upscaled 8x first before the neural processing is done and, at those sizes, there's a lot more blurriness and, therefore, guesswork by the software to fill in things so it requires the most manual cleanup. If you want to contribute, though, you can probably grab the Hexen font and create some higher-res versions of those elements, though. Otherwise, this project can only really ever give a HUD that is half-neuralized and half-original graphics.

Hello and thankyou for the replies.

Really sorry for requesting the upscale but this work is absolutely brilliant, its world class.

Regarding asking for such works, we asked the RPG mod dev if it could be possible to combine Hexen with the DLC into one WAD, we received an update so you can play from Hexen map1 to the DLC on map 60. Yes you can play the RPG mod from map1 to map60 in one playthough, its going to be epic!

The Brutal Hexen RPG mod is fantastic, it adds more Ai death animations and many other new textures, doesn't seem to overwrite any original textures example the hud elements are all new, its a completely new hud with the leveling system.

May I ask are there any guides to how to upscale the textures using the new neural Ai method? I would literally pay for the mod to be upscaled you do such a great job.

I understand now, we cannot just request these mods be upscaled but if the author could kindly post a guide for us then we can start upscaling the mods.

Give a man a fish, and he can feed himself for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he can feed his family for a generation.

Thankyou very much for your epic works and hope to speak soon.

On 5/25/2019 at 6:34 PM, dpkonofa said:

What is wrong with you, dude? It's not ignorant to ask for people to stay on topic in a thread. Your requests were both outside the scope of the project and not related to the thread. As you were told by the author of the project and just as I said, they're only working on content from the original games. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that people stay on topic with comments that actually apply to the project the thread is about.

Last time I checked that is not your role. Know your place and keep to yourself.

This is not your project and comments regarding it are not directed toward you. If it's about the project then it's very much relevant unlike your tangents.

6 hours ago, DOOM_X900 said:

Hello and thankyou for the replies.

Really sorry for requesting the upscale but this work is absolutely brilliant, its world class.

Regarding asking for such works, we asked the RPG mod dev if it could be possible to combine Hexen with the DLC into one WAD, we received an update so you can play from Hexen map1 to the DLC on map 60. Yes you can play the RPG mod from map1 to map60 in one playthough, its going to be epic!

The Brutal Hexen RPG mod is fantastic, it adds more Ai death animations and many other new textures, doesn't seem to overwrite any original textures example the hud elements are all new, its a completely new hud with the leveling system.

May I ask are there any guides to how to upscale the textures using the new neural Ai method? I would literally pay for the mod to be upscaled you do such a great job.

I understand now, we cannot just request these mods be upscaled but if the author could kindly post a guide for us then we can start upscaling the mods.

Give a man a fish, and he can feed himself for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he can feed his family for a generation.

Thankyou very much for your epic works and hope to speak soon.

I believe the software used is the one available from nvidia called "Gameworks Super Resolution". Once each texture is ran through it, you will have to manually clean up the remaining bits of the image by hand with a program along the lines of photoshop.

I haven't found a guide because I wasn't personally looking for one but I'm sure a search would bring up results since this is commonly being done to a lot of classic games.

Edited by Malice

Thanks for the reply.

May I ask do you know if the author used Gigapxel aswell seeing as the work from the Doom upscale threads says Gigapixel is used?

I'm asking because we want to replicate the exact steps to try and get the same image quality/color otherwise it wont look good with halfbaked upscaled textures.

Was the textures upscaled x8 and then downscaled to x4 or x2? So many questions to ask, its a shame because the RPG mod is an extension of Hexen.

Please someone create a thread on how this was achieved for the community, we cant just request this work be done, if you have to manually touch up each texture which I didn't know about. We thought this was all Ai and basically automated, this is why we asked, I didn't think it would so much work.

Thanks again.

7 hours ago, DOOM_X900 said:

Thanks for the reply.

May I ask do you know if the author used Gigapxel aswell seeing as the work from the Doom upscale threads says Gigapixel is used?

I'm asking because we want to replicate the exact steps to try and get the same image quality/color otherwise it wont look good with halfbaked upscaled textures.

Was the textures upscaled x8 and then downscaled to x4 or x2? So many questions to ask, its a shame because the RPG mod is an extension of Hexen.

Please someone create a thread on how this was achieved for the community, we cant just request this work be done, if you have to manually touch up each texture which I didn't know about. We thought this was all Ai and basically automated, this is why we asked, I didn't think it would so much work.

Thanks again.

Not sure, like I said I haven't used it personally but have seen mention of it around the web.

I would suggest sending a PM to the guy maintaining the project and if that fails you could always spend an afternoon to find the "formula" that matches these results through trial and error. Depending on the horsepower of your graphics card the time taken to upscale render a texture can vary greatly though. Not sure what the minimum requirements are for the software but nothing a search couldn't turn up I'm sure.

21 hours ago, DOOM_X900 said:

I've just thrown together a quick guide on how you can produce very acceptable upscales with ESRGAN and custom-trained models. It does not produce the same results as Gigapixel and/or NVIDIA but they're pretty accurate to the source material and require almost no manual editing to get the sprite masks. Here's what you can get with Hexen sprites (3x upscale):

jG8T0X5.png

Hello and thankyou for the reply.

This is absolutely brilliant, I'm sure the whole community is very grateful for your guide. The textures look amazing, hopefully now we can update the Brutal Hexen RPG mod, this is going to be insane if I can complete the textures.

Thanks again

On 5/26/2019 at 10:55 PM, Malice said:

Last time I checked that is not your role. Know your place and keep to yourself.

Keeping civil and keeping conversations on topic are the responsibility of everyone on the forum. Don't tell me or others what our role is or isn't or to keep to ourselves in a community forum. Unlike you, I actually have done upscales and managed mod projects so I have a bit of experience and, based on grandgreed's previous comments, it's pretty obvious that he's not taking requests outside the scope of what's in the original Raven Hexen releases.

On 5/26/2019 at 10:55 PM, Malice said:

If it's about the project

Exactly the point. Your request was not about the project but about an addition to the project.