Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Alientank

Alright can I PLEASE get some help here

I have Zdoom and I'm trying to get WADS installed. Memento mori is the first one. However at the console I type -file and then try to put the files in but it just says unknown command. What am I doing wrong?

Ummmm.....you DO mean to play a Pwad in Zdoom right?

anyways if you were wanting to play Momento Mori just put this in the directory in Dos eg: C:\Doom2\...so it would be

C:\Doom2\Zdoom -file MM.wad

Thats what i do, you may be talking about something else tho.

Sorry If I'm mistaken here, its 1:40am, and I'm useless about 24 hours a day, and I'm me, so ya.

what you can do is right click on you memento mori wad and choose "open with..." and then pick zdoom from the list. I usually make batch files, but started making shortcuts to zdoom with the -file command in it. thats how I get my wads to run with zdoom.

Alientank said:

I have Zdoom and I'm trying to get WADS installed. Memento mori is the first one. However at the console I type -file and then try to put the files in but it just says unknown command. What am I doing wrong?

-file is not a zdoom console command, it's a command line argument used when starting zdoom. Use as Doom Anomaly says (he means to type "zdoom -file mm.wad" at the DOS prompt), or use Vileslay's methods.

You can also make an icon for ZDoom on your desktop and drag and drop wads from wherever they are onto ZDoom, that's what I do.

Thanks guys. Archvile I will try your method, however do I need to drop all the files from the wad or just the main file from the wad onto the shortcut.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but you shouldn't need to drop Doom2.wad on to the shortcut. Just drag all the wads you want to play onto the shortcut at once and it should work.