Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Impie

Operation Sea Wolf = Arctic Wolf Remake + Project Einherjar

OVERVIEW
Taking my Arctic Wolf mod to the next level, I'm now recreating the mod from scratch as a new Winter Agent Juno episode, redesigning the original Arctic Wolf maps from the ground up. Includes some bitchin' textures made for me by Jimmy!

PLOT
Juno is drafted by her government to destroy an enemy operation centered around a stealth submarine which could allow two maniacs to dominate the globe. The mission is somewhat personal for Juno, as one of those maniacs is an old rival with a score to settle.

DOWNLOAD PAGE

Don't forget to check out Project Einherjar and Midgard Outlaw as well!

Edited by Impie

It's finished! I win Nanowadmo!

8 maps, new bosses, and an ending sequence. Check it out and tell me if anything is broken!

1 hour ago, elend said:

Will give this a go soon, since it looks quite awesome and interesting!

Make sure to get the latest version. I made a couple last-minute adjustments after posting this. Like I usually do. Unprofessional derptard that i am.

Just made a download page for the site, and added a gallery with an approximate recreation of all the screenshots on the Arctic Wolf page. Wasn't easy to do, considering how most maps actually combine several of the original map locations into one.

image.png.99cc3d338efeffefaf0f16db49f12a6a.png

image.png.9a47c63993bbbf1ae1d2205dc109b020.png

I've made a few adjustments after playtesting some more, most notably the turrets being immune to blast damage. You'll have to hit them directly to slag them.

Also made the flying valravens a bit weaker so they're a bit less annoying. And added some more health to map02, given the difficulty spike.

Officially released after getting feedback from testers.

I also updated all the Winter Agent Juno mods today:

- All three use the armor/health bonus graphics from Sea Wolf.
- The final confrontation of Midgard Outlaw's 11th map was refined a bit more.
- All three have a new "you found a secret!" sound: random voice clips that give the impression Juno is pleased that you found a secret for her. Mostly added for a touch of humor.
- All three have the homing ability of the smaller enemy rockets removed.
- Sea Wolf has a number of map fixes, like an easier jump here, more level detail there, etc.

- Ruth got a slight makeover in Project Einherjar to better resemble how she looks in the novel series:

1454837715_ruthbowietranspsm.png.23bea1fb6817396abbbb010c699c0407.png

So if you ever wanted to binge on the Winter Agent Juno mods, this is a pretty good time to do it.

Couple updates:

- Finally got to the bottom of the graphical glitch for the missile pod explosions: they were sharing a file name with those of the sea mines. The mini-missiles now look proper when they blow in all three mods (Project Einherjar, Midgard Outlaw, and this one).

- I've finally finished the book based on Project Einherjar, and it's now in the editing phase. Longest work I've ever written at 400+ pages. Whoo!

There were issues with some boss events not triggering correctly in the latest gzdoom i guess, so the mod has been updated to correct this. For example, the final boss music/events not triggering when the boss is revealed, thus preventing the exit from opening.

While toying with new assets, I decided to add the silent Raven M40 to the other Juno wads (Project Einherjar, Midgard Outlaw, and this one) accessible by cheating. Use the console to give or summon RavenSilent and take a stab at some stealth runs. Just beware that the suppressor slows the bullets down so they do less damage.