Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scwiba

NaNoWADMo 2019 -- Coming in October!

Awesome! I had lot of fun doing this last time, how about September or October for the next installation of this challenge?

1) October

2) September

A difficult moment for me will be summer, especially July and August, any other months will be good for me...

Edited by Walter confetti : Didn't read good the post and wrote lots of wrong things lol. Also removed a tag for Gothic thinking he was working on this...

Anything from July to October works for me, later not so much.

After thinking for a bit september is actually okay but I still would prefer towards the end of the year:

1. September
2. November
3. October

Please, anything after September. I can't be the only person working on something to (hopefully) release on the 30th to coincide with Doom II's anniversary... ;)

Stated this elsewhere but I'd like to give this another shot! For me, anything between October and December would work, with November being preferred.

If I were to participate again, October sounds best for me because it's holiday season over here.

November is also fine.

A question i have in mind: did multiplayer only maps (like deathmatch or similar) is acceptable for these kinds of projects? Or we have just to stay stuck to Single Player?

If we're ranking;

1. NOVEMBER - works best for me, cooling weather means it's going to start being very much 'indoors' weather
  2. OCTOBER - okay, spooky season is party season but it's also spooky season; I'll be in the mood for DOOM
  3. DECEMBER - less-ideal, because festivities associated with the month, etc. But still post-September. ;)

never done one of these challenges before but I'm down to try! i don't really have a preference in terms of month.

@Ryath

1st choice: October

2nd choice: November

3rd choice: September

Maybe I'll actually be able to finish something this time around.

16 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

A question i have in mind: did multiplayer only maps (like deathmatch or similar) is acceptable for these kinds of projects? Or we have just to stay stuck to Single Player?

Absolutely. Whatever kind of maps you want to make are a-okay with me!

I should try this project in august.

So , I choose august.

it would be awesome to participate this year. I'm thinking maybe an otex megawad or a bunch of smaller, themed episodes would be great to build. or better yet, this would be the perfect opportunity to build the "remake my favorite multiplayer maps as singleplayer maps" that I've always been wanting to build!

1) August

2) December

3) October

On 6/1/2019 at 11:54 PM, Ryath said:

NoisyDiarrhea (in progress), by @NoisyVelvet

Ahh yes, thanks for reminding me.  This was 95% done for some time, but the only thing I had to do was address some issues that the few who played it were having (in particular, DNF'ing on maps when played blind; a weird insta-crusher bug; etc).  I went through my version today and did my best to tackle these issues.  I'll probably post a thread for the mapset in the coming weeks even if not perfect.

best of luck to those who participate in 2019.  I already got my medal for surviving this last November, so i'll be sitting this one out, but good luck.

Hey all! The month's one third over, so get your votes in if you intend on doing NaNoWADMo this year. At the moment it looks like a close race between September, October, and November, but any month could still take the lead!

One week left! If there's a month you prefer to do NaNo this year, get your votes in now! And spread the word if you can. The number of people who've voted so far is way less than the number who participated last year, and I want to make sure everyone who wants a say in the selection gets one. 

@Capellan, just to clarify, is that a vote for October? 

If the vote is just for this year, no (because I don't plan to take part this year). If the vote is for setting the month we will always do NaNoWADMo going forward, then yes because I think it works well :)

4 hours ago, Capellan said:

If the vote is just for this year, no (because I don't plan to take part this year). If the vote is for setting the month we will always do NaNoWADMo going forward, then yes because I think it works well :)

Gotcha. The vote is just for this year. We may settle on a permanent month in the future, say, if we do a vote for a couple more years and if it keeps falling on the same month. But we'll see.

On 6/24/2019 at 12:42 AM, Ryath said:

Gotcha. The vote is just for this year. We may settle on a permanent month in the future, say, if we do a vote for a couple more years and if it keeps falling on the same month. But we'll see.

I'd recommend standardising the month sooner rather than later.  That way people can plan around it, rather than us going through a month-long voting process every year, and we won't have people saying "actually, last month would have worked well for me" :)