Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Nate

Doom Eternal mural spotted in LA

7 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

image.png.f70d86f3f8e87dee348f327425d4ab29.png

Looks like that thing in the center is gonna be a super gore nest.

16 minutes ago, Ramiel said:

Looks like that thing in the center is gonna be a super gore nest.

Looks more like a planet in the claws of a dark Seraphim/hell priest to me.

42 minutes ago, igg said:

Looks more like a planet in the claws of a dark Seraphim/hell priest to me.

1790443144_supergorenest.PNG.6f47ec21dafcc33eba0a866cb1cf0832.PNG

I know this is concept art, but this is more or less what SGNs look like. The black hole-looking portal on the top with the two upwards-protruding fangs match up with the mural.

1 hour ago, Ramiel said:

The black hole-looking portal on the top with the two upwards-protruding fangs match up with the mural.

If you zoom into the mural picture you can clearly see the round object has crates, valleys and different glowing segments. For me it looks like a planet melting in the fires of hell. Like Hell on Earth. 

At first this image also reminded me of SGNs but it lacks their clear shape and color.

33 minutes ago, igg said:

If you zoom into the mural picture you can clearly see the round object has crates, valleys and different glowing segments. For me it looks like a planet melting in the fires of hell. Like Hell on Earth. 

At first this image also reminded me of SGNs but it lacks their clear shape and color.

mural.jpg.babc080be5555b17fd4e5d5b2be72835.jpg

IDK dude, that shape looks damn near identical to me.

sgn.png.edf9a7cdd5ec455895d09b801bc88af4.png

And here they are coloring it in.

Observation made by u/Xous54 on Reddit:

3EdTiIB.jpg

You can just barely see the beginnings of the Slayer right below the Super Gore Nest/Winged figure in the center in some of the earlier photos - certain features like his Doom Blade and some of the detail of his back are all that's visible. They have some of his helmet, collar, and right pauldron outlined in some of the newer photos, which seems to confirm this placement.

With those in mind, he's in a pose where his back is facing the viewer and he's looking up at the Super Gore Nest/Winged figure.

1.) This is seriously cool. I'll keep watching for updates. 

2.) I sincerely hope their marketing department isn't robbing Peter to pay Paul with their development budget. 

3.) Like another poster said this probably demonstrates confidence in the product. However, they could be making up for a lack of quality or substance with a marketing blitz (see above). 

37 minutes ago, Job said:

1.) This is seriously cool. I'll keep watching for updates. 

2.) I sincerely hope their marketing department isn't robbing Peter to pay Paul with their development budget. 

3.) Like another poster said this probably demonstrates confidence in the product. However, they could be making up for a lack of quality or substance with a marketing blitz (see above). 

Regarding your last point, I think they know exactly what people liked about DOOM 2016 and are doubling down big time for Eternal. I think it’s going to be  incredible. 

7 hours ago, Ramiel said:

I know this is concept art, but this is more or less what SGNs look like. The black hole-looking portal on the top with the two upwards-protruding fangs match up with the mural.

Looks like Shub Niggurath from Quake.

2 minutes ago, Avoozl said:

Looks like Shub Niggurath from Quake.

It wouldn't surprise me if they took some extra inspiration from Quake for some of the new designs.

1 minute ago, sleepiii said:

It looks kinda to me like this picture could be the cover art.

That's what I'm betting on; or at least the alternate cover.

Spoiler

Maybe they'll get it right the first time, lmao.

12 hours ago, Ramiel said:

sgn.png.edf9a7cdd5ec455895d09b801bc88af4.png

And here they are coloring it in.

Don't worry anymore. The latest pictures show that I was wrong. But I'm still curious why the SGN has as planet like surface.

I won't be surprised if the IOS won't show up in the final version of the mural.

They're probably saving him as a surprise final boss, similar to the Spider Mastermind in D4 until maybe the release trailer, showing glimpses of her.

1 hour ago, TheRedTide said:

reddit user cogs90210 patched the whole thing together to see what it looks like

b0srqb1og1231.png

definitely gettin cover art vibes from this

2 hours ago, sleepiii said:

definitely gettin cover art vibes from this

If it is where the cover art is going, GOOD. I don't know of anyone who thought the default Doom 2016 cover art was in any way shape or form better than the reverse sleeve. One can only hope that Bethesda/ Id took note of that. 

I wonder the creature is on the left side is.  Another priest/cultist?

3 hours ago, Zemini said:

I wonder the creature is on the left side is.  Another priest/cultist?

Some on Reddit have speculated that his guy could a Hell priest from the Blood Temples.

there is a person in hood..

notice the epic wings from entity in middle are very same in design the the meat hook thingy from the super shot gun..

and is that icon of sin?

Screen-Shot-2019-06-03-at-21-23-49.png

Edited by blackgoblinmagic