Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

Educational Stuff, Read Carefully

Here is what Alientank pmed me.

Alientank pmed:
WTF? How is that useless? Jesus fucking christ can you not fucking ask any fucking questions on this board anymore without taking flak? I ask a simple fucking question and all you do is go off the hook along with other mods like dsm (who got told off by flathead, thank you flathead). I'm trying to make good threads here and all I fucking get is flak from people like you. I notice the members are a lot nicer then the mods are. I thought mods were supposed to encourage posting. Oh I know what your going to say "well your threads serve no purpose" hmmm last time I checked the purpose of a forum was to ask and get questions answered. I'm not making threads like headshot was, I'm trying to get questions answered to totally legitimate questions. I'll be speaking to Ling about it. I know your going to just laugh or whatever and say go ahead but I could really care less, some of the mods here (e.g. you) need a smack from reality.

OK, let us sort this out.

WTF? Jesus fucking christ... fucking... fucking... etc...

When you send a pm to the ADMINISTRATOR of a forum, I think the least thing you could do is not cursing like crazy.

I thought mods were supposed to encourage posting.

No. The role of a mod is to moderate which is in no way encouraging posting. Moderation. Check your dictionary.
A moderator and, furthermore, an administrator is in the obligation to control spam. And I have noticed, along with my colleagues, that you were a king at:
1) posting threads for the sole purpose of discussing something already discussed
2) post one line answers in as many threads as you can.

I'm trying to get questions answered to totally legitimate questions.

Have I said anything about your Doom3 dream PC thread? I think no. The real question you should ask yourself is whether I'm an ignorant dick that likes to torture users in a forum or an administrator who had already changed your title as a warning and saw no result at all. I can guarantee you, you're not the first one to get that kind of attitude. Sadly, I happen to be quite experienced in this subject.

I'll be speaking to Ling about it.

Well, it doesn't make me laugh since I can clearly forsee your fate if you bug Ling about that. Again, I am an administrator and there are only *2* administrators on this forum which should give you a good hint that somehow Ling is a bit confident into my judgment. As for reality, this pm clearly demonstrates that I'm clearly much more stuck to it than you are. Come to your senses and try to see why you get such attention from ALL the moderators. Or else, I doubt you could make it in any decent discussion area.

Now, let me express myself a bit, would you? Believe it or not I tend to moderate the moderators themselves so that newbies don't get killed after 2 or 3 mistakes. I did my best to delay any action against you but I can't change you: you have to. Buggin Ling about that issue is surely the worst thing you could do FOR YOURSELF. It's like shooting yourself in the foot, I guarantee you.
We live in free countries (Well, I really hope you do), so the choice is up to you.

heh, Funderful! I still dont know why ppl go off teh hook with pm's like that, I mean, I got kinda a warning one and Im not spazing....SHUT UP IM NOT SPAZING. ;D

And geeze whats with him asking silly known questions? cant he take a hint?

Oh, and btw, do i spam? :D

Your a definate class act bringing private things out into the open. HOWEVER, you are right on almost every level Julian. I have something to confess, this week has not been good to me, I lost my uncle last month and my grandfather this week and I guess just all this shit combined with other parts of it just set me off. Whatever I said I'm sorry, being 18 is hard sometimes and what I did was stupid. I don't know how much credibility I hold now with you (if I ever had any) or anyone else, but I guess all I can say is sorry. I went off the deepend when I shouldn't have, and then was more stupid about it and tried to get Ling mad at you. So...I guess all I'll say is sorry, and maybe I'll just stay away from posting topics for a while, because I seem to get myself into more trouble then anything else. But I'll reply to others. :)

Alientank is fine, I have no problems with him. He's been spamming a lot lately, but at least Julian is taking care of it. Alientank, just stop the gay spamming (and yelling at admins, BAD IDEA) and you'll be fine.

Alientank said:

Your a definate class act bringing private things out into the open. HOWEVER, you are right on almost every level Julian.

I admit I hesitated to do so. I tried to answer you the private way, but guess what? pms are damn limited in size (to avoid silly spam of course). So I was like: should I answer him? Shouldn't I? What's the point in making that public? But since you're not the only one to have made this kind of stuff in the past few days, I thought it could be educational to all. I hope you don't mind that much. Really.

Alientank said:

I have something to confess, this week has not been good to me, I lost my uncle last month and my grandfather this week and I guess just all this shit combined with other parts of it just set me off. Whatever I said I'm sorry, being 18 is hard sometimes and what I did was stupid.

I'm sorry for all this. I know life is a real bitch sometimes. I wish you the best and I hope you'll get the energy to keep going.

The Reverend Julian said:

I admit I hesitated to do so. I tried to answer you the private way, but guess what? pms are damn limited in size (to avoid silly spam of course). So I was like: should I answer him? Shouldn't I? What's the point in making that public? But since you're not the only one to have made this kind of stuff in the past few days, I thought it could be educational to all. I hope you don't mind that much. Really.

Again your right, maybe you should make this a sticky? Just a suggestion. Also, please make sure Ling sees this thread so he knows what has happened, etc. I don't mind. After I freaked out at you and pm'ed Ling, I went to my room and yelled into a pillow for a minute or so (yes it sounds childish but it seemed to help) and felt a bit better. Had a nap to relax, and got up and came back here. I'm actually glad you didn't ban me because I was saying to myself "god I hope she doesn't ban me cause I wanna apologize". So thank you.

EDIT: By chance could you change my title? You don't need to but ya know atleast now you know why I was acting like this. Maybe to something like "Don't piss me off or I'll spam and get banned"

Odd. I was thinking "aren't private messages meant to be private?" and was wondering if the FAQ said anything about the status of PMs to admins and, well, some of you might know what I was confronted with (if you still have the FAQ link on your screen, DON'T click on it). Is DW under attack or something?

And by the way, just so you know, [HEADSHOT] was really Fredrik in some wacky attempt to gain a custom title. He picked 'Total Retard' for reasons which will remain a mystery for years to come. Needless to say, don't try this at home.

Look in the 'Im sorry' thread now languishing in Hell. Fredrik himself told us.

ravage said:

And how would you know that?

Tut, tut - you mean you don't read every single post made in the forums?

Hmmm Unwarranted, yet he makes a point others have made in the past:
If there is a difference in opinion or a mistake, there should be no flaming, no damn patronizing tone, or no comments such as "Fuck off moron!" If a person continues to make a mistake or is violating the rules set out by the admin and the mods, then that action is justified and called for.

Grazza said:

Derr, I'm not always here? :P Trust me, I miss a lot of things.

Grazza said:

I'm here a lot myself, and I don't, so nyah :P

O_O
Alientank, you have my sincerest apologies, I did not know that you are "mentally challenged" these days (please don't get this the wrong way). So if I seemed rude to you, then I'm truly sorry.

My condolences in regards to your Uncle and your Grandfather.

:-(

Ichor said:

He picked 'Total Retard' for reasons which will remain a mystery for years to come.

Heard on IRC:
<fredrik> i chose Total Retard because the look of the text is aesthetically pleasing

Ichor said:

He picked 'Total Retard' for reasons which will remain a mystery for years to come.

Not really. He just wants to take away the only thing that makes me special :P

On the larger scale, i think the mods should be just a bit more lax, it would take away from the creepy miasma of conspiracy that floats around here...i just want to post my feelings...

Pfft, these silly newbies. They get off the hook all the time. If someone like, let's say Ralphis, were to have gotten losered the mods wouldn't even discuss letting him come back would they.

sysyphus said:

Pfft, these silly newbies. They get off the hook all the time. If someone like, let's say Ralphis, were to have gotten losered the mods wouldn't even discuss letting him come back would they.

STFU N00B!!^

ravage said:

Gotta love teh cat. :)

Haha, I remember when they got railgunner with that...good times...

I can't believe that site is still up there.