Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oburael

Choosing from a list of modded wads on startup

Greetings to all.

Been a big fan of Doom and Doom 2 since I was 4, used to play it with my dad before he died from a stunt gone wrong, it's one of the ways I honour his memory really. Anyway, on to my question.

So you know how when you open up something like GZDoom, you get to pick from Doom 1 or Doom 2? Say for example, you wanted to play Return of the Triad or the Aliens mod without affecting your original Doom 2, can you duplicate the Doom 2 wad and have that mod alter one of them and be able to pick it from that startup list before it fully launches?

TL;DR: Can you select a wad that modifies Doom without affecting your original but having the original in the same folder?

Thank you all, have a nice day and sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I don't think something like this is possible. There are autoload functions in the configuration file of gzdoom, but they only make files load with specific games (like Brutal Doom only for Doom1). I would recommend ZDL as an Alternative, but as far as I know you have to make your own lists of files to load. Other then the main games, it doesn't detect anything automatically.