Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
E1M1

Need some help with a snow effect.

I've tried and tried but cant seem to figure this one out. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me a hand with my project. The level I'm looking to add snow is in MAP03. If there is a kind soul that could do this for me I would greatly appreciate it. Hopefully I can see in the map editor what was done. I've attached the wad. Also, any comments or recommendations would be great. 

Thanks, Frank

DW55.zip

I have actually the same question. 

And I've found an existing thread about that right here Falling Snow topic

I'm just reading it, there are a couple of links, testmap, etc. I hope it helps somehow....

Have a look at the snow maps for Eviternity, they have an auto-executing snow effect for ZDoom-derived source ports.

@Bauul I see the ZSCRIPT inside the Eviternity wad but I dont know what to do with it. I'm not that savvy. I wish I could take a class on this stuff.

ZSCRIPT.zip

Ok, here's what I did. I placed the files from the attached zip folder (Snow.zip) in my map using XWE. Then I simply created a thing using GZDoombuilder and numbered it 6002 on my map and it worked. Hopefully others that struggled like I did will see this thread and it will help them out. 

Thank's to everyone who responded to this thread it was a big help.

Snow.zip