Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Nate

Doom Eternal mural spotted in LA

28 minutes ago, Stale Meat said:

Chimera I am pretty sure is referenced in the official art book for Doom 2016

I just flipped through my copy and found no references to any of the listed entities.

53 minutes ago, Ramiel said:

I just flipped through my copy and found no references to any of the listed entities.

The Great Serpent and The Gaurdian are referenced in the Hell Knight codex entries. But I don't think there was any reference to a Chimera.

10 minutes ago, TheAncientOrder said:

The Great Serpent and The Gaurdian are referenced in the Hell Knight codex entries. But I don't think there was any reference to a Chimera.

Ah, I remember now. But yeah, This is my first time hearing of any "Chimera" and I can't find it in any of my sources.

52 minutes ago, Ramiel said:

Ah, I remember now. But yeah, This is my first time hearing of any "Chimera" and I can't find it in any of my sources.

It's my first time too. 

My mistake, searching back the Chimera is actually mentioned in the datamined beta codex entry for the Hell Knight.

"Hell Knight
The Hell Knight is a towering brute bred for combat deep in the bowels of Hell. These diabolical beasts are the prized gladiators of the demon-horde. They relentlessly stomp towards their target, smashing their massive fists into the ground to create shockwaves that stagger their opponent, leaving them vulnerable to the Hell Knight's bone-crushing melee attacks. Their powerful legs allow them to leap across large distances effortlessly, quickly closing the gap to their enemy.

Tablets retrieved from the Great Steppes (in the UAC Automated survey of 2143) suggest that the Hell Knights were originally the Royal Guard of the Great Serpent (in the first age). After the defeat of their master by the Guardian, they were banished to the arenas of Hell to fight as gladiators at the mercy of the higher level demons. This ignominy lasted until the third age, when the Chimera pardoned them and allowed them back into the demon-horde. They now fight to try and reclaim their position as Royal Guards."

Considering this was removed from the final version, it is up in the air whether it is even canon.

As for whether the winged figure could be the Dark Lord of the 4th Age, I was under the assumption that the various codex entries were building up the Aranea Imperatrix as being the Dark Lord made manifest. Unless the figure is Demon-Olivia in a spiffy new suit I (at least personally) don't think our mystery figure is going to be a big bad demon guy, let alone a demon at all.

Edited by Stale Meat : Had more to add, wanted to avoid double posting.

On 6/3/2019 at 10:59 PM, blackgoblinmagic said:

is tha a beard...or Cthulhu like beard?

Screen-Shot-2019-06-03-at-21-54-25.png

Interesting. That looks like a human and not a demon.

Update

The priest guy’s hand isn’t backwards after all!

I don't think the winged creature in the middle is Hayden. I'd expect his fall in the last few levels of Doom Eternal, maybe even in Doom 2022. He is such a strong antagonist and protagonist, it would be a shame to waste this potential. 

Btw, do you also expect the demons to almost die because of fear? I mean, they know what the Slayer has done to them in their home (hell), what will he do when fighting in his home?

Edited by igg : Orthography

5 minutes ago, igg said:

Btw, do you also expect the demons to almost die in fear? I mean, they know what the Slayer has done to them in their home (hell), what will he do when fighting in his home?

Perhaps but many of these Demons are simple minded rage infused beasts that never truly consider the risk. They all probably enrage around Doom Slayer as much as he does in their presence.

On 6/4/2019 at 7:23 AM, sleepiii said:

if doomguys facing them, why are bottom half of enemies looking at him and the top half looking away. that part kinda bothered me once I noticed it

I think they wanted to highlight the boundary between where Doom Slayer was and what awaits him further. All the demons that he fought in DOOM 2016 are now under him and are considered lower tier enemies, whereas above him are the elites (Doom Hunter, The Priest, Baron Chieftain...) which he is yet to face.

..Dont want to be arogant or anything... i bet real money right now that is Samuel.

If this is trilogy (and we dont know 100%that it is...)we still need to kill Icon of sin and Samuel.

If Eternal is the final instalment then this is no doubt Samuel 100% as he is obviously portrayed here as the Master.

..and to say its Olivia becouse of the face features are similar...on a face that is obviously metal generated... is absolute nonsence.She was a hell pupet and as told by the hell priest voice she batrayed them as she was blamed for Samuel finding the tomb.No one in hell was impressed with her as she realises herself before transforming "they promised me so much more".Shes done.She was a "sucker" character since the begining.

Consider we have 1 game in best case 2 games coming...it is absolutely pointless to bring Olivia back(for absolutely no reason)or to introduce eny new mayor boss entities.As we alredy have 2.

Everything on winged creature screams Samuel.There is no organic parts (all metal...or 'name the material'), there are very obviously portrayed brains(!!!!!!!)operationg the beeing and in this case the entity is the master of the mural...witch is Samuel.Dont forget that the whole point of gameplay in Doom 2016 was to find the most guarded and powerful relic in hell the Crucible...now belonging to Samuel... It will crush the divide. It will corrupt all realms. It will create the monster. It must never be found.

If...it turns out this is trilogy...i belive its possible Eternal ends on a dramatic note.Consider the prophecy..why mention that the Slayer shall weep in Dark priests(the wielder of the Crucible)shadow if not to hint that Samuel(the wielder of the Crucible) will inflict a serious damage to Slayer.Maybe we dont even touch him in Eternal but just taking mayor damage maybe even from Icon of sin and then finally destroy him somehow in 3. instalment.

Considering they are working on "Doom universe" and calling it "Eternal" ...doesnt sounds like the final game to me.

Edited by blackgoblinmagic

Get the feeling Arachnotrons are somehow related to the winged "robotic angel" and Mastermind as they all have that brain in common.^

10 minutes ago, STILES said:

Get the feeling Arachnotrons are somehow related to the winged "robotic angel" and Mastermind as they all have that brain in common.^

I belive thats becouse of the original designs of those enemies.Has nothing to do with the lore imo.

I have to imagine that's an "evolved" Samuel Hayden, considering literally two established characters survived Doom 2016, and the Doom Slayer is one of them.

30 minutes ago, Linguica said:

I have to imagine that's an "evolved" Samuel Hayden, considering literally two established characters survived Doom 2016, and the Doom Slayer is one of them.

Don’t forget about VEGA! 

I’m looking forward to seeing a lot more of him.

36 minutes ago, Ramiel said:

Don’t forget about VEGA! 

VEGA did not "survive" Doom 2016, it was blown up. Doom Slayer may have backed something up onto a giant SD card that may or may not have been VEGA's personality (then what was the giant supercooled complex for?) but VEGA is still dead as hell at the moment.

22 minutes ago, Linguica said:

VEGA did not "survive" Doom 2016, it was blown up. Doom Slayer may have backed something up onto a giant SD card that may or may not have been VEGA's personality (then what was the giant supercooled complex for?) but VEGA is still dead as hell at the moment.

Yeah, I guess it wouldn’t make sense to say that he “survived”, but he definitely has the potential to return.

EDIT: Center panel is now complete!

Edited by Ramiel : Wanted to avoid double posting

31 minutes ago, sleepiii said:

hope we see that VEGA SD card get used

Samuel becomes a Boss fight in which you defeat. The final takedown animation has the Slayer placing the disc in its head and Vega becomes powered by pure Argent Energy in a powerful body.

9 hours ago, blackgoblinmagic said:

8tn4tc67ta231.jpg

Interesting, this angel seems to be dead in the Super Gore Nest artwork (which is also the final part of the Earth area in the Eternal Demo)

image.png.11d75d7ae994c0c6b099d4d107378c34.png

Haha. This is awesome! Somehow that mural IOS-like face wall reminds me of the Castle of Grayskull from He-Man MOTU animation series from the 80's. :)

I so want to see the last part, theres another 2 mystery figures.

Also, the baron / balrog creature: (a) That is really a shield, not an icon of sin / wall (doesnt look anything like the icon anyways) (b) Notice under 'hayden thing's' arms, there seems to be 4 hands this creature has. Must be a super cool badass demon boss.

On 6/4/2019 at 11:09 PM, Stale Meat said:

My mistake, searching back the Chimera is actually mentioned in the datamined beta codex entry for the Hell Knight.

"Hell Knight
The Hell Knight is a towering brute bred for combat deep in the bowels of Hell. These diabolical beasts are the prized gladiators of the demon-horde. They relentlessly stomp towards their target, smashing their massive fists into the ground to create shockwaves that stagger their opponent, leaving them vulnerable to the Hell Knight's bone-crushing melee attacks. Their powerful legs allow them to leap across large distances effortlessly, quickly closing the gap to their enemy.

Tablets retrieved from the Great Steppes (in the UAC Automated survey of 2143) suggest that the Hell Knights were originally the Royal Guard of the Great Serpent (in the first age). After the defeat of their master by the Guardian, they were banished to the arenas of Hell to fight as gladiators at the mercy of the higher level demons. This ignominy lasted until the third age, when the Chimera pardoned them and allowed them back into the demon-horde. They now fight to try and reclaim their position as Royal Guards."

Considering this was removed from the final version, it is up in the air whether it is even canon.

As for whether the winged figure could be the Dark Lord of the 4th Age, I was under the assumption that the various codex entries were building up the Aranea Imperatrix as being the Dark Lord made manifest. Unless the figure is Demon-Olivia in a spiffy new suit I (at least personally) don't think our mystery figure is going to be a big bad demon guy, let alone a demon at all.

Do you have a link to these leaks.  I'd like to have a look.?

For the life of me I can not find the reference to the Chimera.  I am 99.666% sure that it is mentioned somewhere in the game or codex.  If I come accross it again I will post it.  My guess is that my spelling is off.

Update: Doomhunter filled in, other two priest-like characters have begun to be painted.

43 minutes ago, Ramiel said:

Update: Doomhunter filled in, other two priest-like characters have begun to be painted.

Wonder who the old guy is on the left?

Looks way to human.  I hope we kill them so something more demonic can take their place.

Not sure if it is all of it, but you can read a whole bunch of it from this post Terminus made on Tumblr.

In relation to the topic, I don't know if I am just blind or it hasn't been added yet, but I don't think I can find the Archvile anywhere in the mural. Odd considering they seemed to have been trying to push it as sort of mascot in a vein similar to how they did the Revenant.