Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheNerdTurtle2

Feedback on an intense speedmap I made

I haven't done any mapping in a long time so recently I decided to do some speed maps in my free time. Well today I decided to create MAP30, and I tried to make it HARD. Basically I wanted MAP30 to feel like a last level, unlike Doom 1 & 2 & Sigil's disappointing endings. So anyway I would love feedback or demos, I made this in 3 hours and I think it plays well :)

Difficulties are there, I would try UV first but I personally kept dying so if you suck like me do HMP.

Also it uses Boom capability. You need to load both WADS that I uploaded in the .zip

Descent.zip

doom02.jpg

Edited by TheNerdTurtle2

I'm gonna bump my own thread because I'm selfish. I finished a few maps already I just want to know if I'm going the right direction for intense gameplay :)

It's got some cool ideas which the environment fun to explore. To be honest I expected this to be harder, I died at the end because I got sloppy and ate a rocket (presumably the cyber fight is the end?). I would have chucked more monsters in, especially on the main platform you use to circle the 4 areas. I was able to get through and grab the rocket launcher without flipping all the switches so I'm not sure if that's intended or not. I liked it but it could use more monsters.

That was unintended, I'll make sure I fix that as well as chuck more monsters in. I'm glad you found it easy, that means you're way better than me haha

Honestly I thought the difficulty came from the small encounters but maybe I will have to change the pacing a tad.

Thanks for playing! Just watching how you tackled the map gave me a good amount of feedback, I've worked on two other "hard" maps since that and it helps learning how other people play Doom.

It's fairly difficult, but my only problem with it was the caco in the enclosed area without any room to fight it really. Good map otherwise