Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom_Child

Doom3 music

ok we all know trent rezner is doing the new sound track. I live nin. I think its good that trent is doing the music. But what do you all think?

I'd like to see a couple of remixes of old doom songs, especially E1M8, E2M6, or E2M7.

I don't want all of the music to be remixes, just one or two of them for nostalgia's sake.

I agree some remixes would be cool. Afterall Doom3 is basically a remake of doom1, so you might as well include some remixes of the music and/or maps.

This is sooo old. How many times have we discussed the music for Doom 3?
Definitely more times that I can count on my two hands.

Anyways, I'll wait and see what happens.

Last we heard new stuff about the music it was that the music will only play when triggered at certain events. This could turn out to be pretty good - especially if Trent Reznor goes with a style similar to the one in Quake (he has that particular style with throwing in some really odd sounds that doesn't sound much like an actual melody to my ears), because that would mean that I wouldn't have to listen to it all the way through the levels.

But I really haven't heard much by Trent Reznor, so judging him exclusively from the Quake 1 sound track is probably pretty stupid.

dsm said:

This is sooo old. How many times have we discussed the music for Doom 3?

We have God Dammit!

dsm said:
But I really haven't heard much by Trent Reznor, so judging him exclusively from the Quake 1 sound track is probably pretty stupid. [/B]

I agree wholeheartedly, many people did not like quake 1 music, frankly because it did not cater to their taste. However, I thought it was the best game music I've ever heard. As far as those doubtful of his ability, hear stuff from alpha and to those still skeptical; Trent does deserve a second chance, IF he is still working for doom3...

AndrewB said:

Remixes are just a signature of lack of imagination.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?
Please explain!

AndrewB said:

Remixes are just a signature of lack of imagination.

Not if done right.

WELLL, I don't know. Trent did Quake, and Quake sounded too much like Rock or Meatal tunes. which I feel don't quite "FIT" the quake atmospere.

tsareppsun said:

WELLL, I don't know. Trent did Quake, and Quake sounded too much like Rock or Meatal tunes. which I feel don't quite "FIT" the quake atmospere.

Yeah well, somebody told me that he/she had heard that he was doing electronic music for Doom 3. Let's see what happens.

Yeah well, somebody told me that he/she had heard that he was doing electronic music for Doom 3. Let's see what happens.

gn0!!!

/me hopes he doesn't hear any Happy Hardcore on the doom3 soundtrack or he will slit his wrists

I will more then likely play the game with no music on. Unless the music is creepy and adds to the atmosphere, not some technic dance bullshit

i heard they dont have any music.. only in some areas to create tension.. but troug most of the game you wont hear any music cuz all background sound is made by the level itself.. like steam pipes rotating machinery etc.

Alientank said:

I will more then likely play the game with no music on. Unless the music is creepy and adds to the atmosphere, not some technic dance bullshit

I said electronic, meaning electronic ambient, not techno.