Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scientist

Christmas = LIES!

What is wrong with this picture? (don't worry, you can watch the picture on college campus in a crowded library :P)

Can you see what's wrong?

No, well then let me tell you: In the bible there is no reference of a stable. That's right, it does say there was no room in the inn, but makes no mention of a stable.
And that's not all. The donkey and ox aren't mentioned either! They were all inserted into the story somewhere during history. All that symbolism stuff is just fabricated!

I just found out about this, perhaps you already knew, but I thought I had to mention it.

My parents, teachers and priest lied to me!

>Whatever?

Don't you see that this perhaps means that other christian claims should be doubted aswell? This will lead to atheism and total anarchy all over the world. It could mean the end of our civilisation! Our childern will live in chaos!

Remember when Jesus got in the temple and broke all the idols. How happy he must be, being represented in every possible way all over the churches in the world.

Well I think it's a nice pictar. Look at all teh cute animals. :)

(Yep, I'm a Christmas-loving atheist. Just can't help it.)

Am I the only one who notices an elephant? It just seems odd for some reason.

And to what you said, Scientist, wasn't Jesus born in Spring or something? I thought they just 'switched' it to Winter because of the Solstice.

EllipsusD said:

Am I the only one who notices an elephant? It just seems odd for some reason.

Probably owned by one of the kings :P

Mmmmmmm, sheeeeep. No wait, that was the wolf. Why does he get all the fame? Foo. :P

Like Archvile46, as long as I get free stuff, I don't really care. :P

The Reverend Julian said:

Remember when Jesus got in the temple and broke all the idols. How happy he must be, being represented in every possible way all over the churches in the world.

The not living don't give a shit. They sleep in nothingness.

One other thing I've been wondering:

The new testament (Matthew 1 1-16) gives us the "bloodline" of Jesus.
It ends with: "[...] and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ."

Which is all fine with me but then matthew 1 17 claims: "Thus there were fourteen generations in all from Abraham to David to the exile to Babylon, and fourteen from the exile to the Christ."

This seems wrong.
Joseph is in the bloodline of Abraham, but Jesus can't be as Matthew 1 20 explains:
"Jospeh son of David do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit."
Since Mary was a virgin, Jesus can't be from Abraham as stated earlier; Joseph didn't pass on the blood of Abraham to Jesus.

puzzling.

Let me explain: Yes, he fucked her. It's just that God sucked out the fetal soul and placed his own there sometime after conception.

Luke 1 34-35:
"How will this be," Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?" The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God."

She's a virgin. Joseph didn't fuck her, the Holy Spirit did.

You know how women are when talking about their virginity, you never know... those are but a mortal's words, not some angel (or God himself) speaking. Not even the storyteller.

Scientist said:

She's a virgin. Joseph didn't fuck her, the Holy Spirit did.

If she became pregnant and still remained a virgin, maybe he impregnated her in-vitro style instead of fucking her?

Meh, Im atheist so, I dont really know much about any of this stuff, and it doesnt seem to be the most important thing on my mind. And I dont think most people being Atheist would be a bad thing, you make it sound like Atheism is bad.

Anomaly: I think Scientist was being sarcastic about that "atheism and anarchy" bit.

I remember a story (presented as a true story...) about an "immaculate" conception from the days well before in vitro fertilization. During some war (WW1 maybe) a soldier receiving medical attention was hit in the testicles by a piece of shrapnel. This piece of shrapnel then hit a nurse in whichever of the women's bits it would need to, and she became pregnant. And they lived happily ever after.

You nitpick the Christian traditions that have sustained for the last two or three centuries since they evolved; you might as well nitpick the fact that the Christ's birth is celebrated at the Winter Solstice when we have no historic or canonical evidence of what time of the year he was actually born.

There's a reason Christmas is celebrated at the Solstice: this time of the year SUCKS. It might not be the coldest part of the year, but it gets to be the darkest (north of the Equator, anyway) and that's just depressing. People need to have a spot o' merriment to get them through this utterly shitteriffic part of the year. The Solstice is also the most obvious astronomical event between the harvesting and planting seasons, so might as well make it the new year as well. The winter holidays didn't steal so much as adopt the old pagan ways; I mean, it makes sense, right? Judeo-Christianity is nothing if not highly adaptible.

Woah, didn't think it would turn into a rant. o_O

Scientist said:

What is wrong with this picture? (don't worry, you can watch the picture on college campus in a crowded library :P)

Can you see what's wrong?

No, well then let me tell you: In the bible there is no reference of a stable. That's right, it does say there was no room in the inn, but makes no mention of a stable.
And that's not all. The donkey and ox aren't mentioned either! They were all inserted into the story somewhere during history. All that symbolism stuff is just fabricated!

I just found out about this, perhaps you already knew, but I thought I had to mention it.

My parents, teachers and priest lied to me!

Yes and this is just like many of the mutilations that have ocurred to the bible, like the star leading them to baby jesus, it must have been sent from god! lets pay if reverence by putting it at the top of our tree! wrong, somehow they neglect to mention the fact that the star led the wisemen to herod's palace first, and upon learning about the baby from them, issued him to be killed, gee god's star took a slight detour didn't it...makes you wonder who really sent that star. God communicated to them in a dream not to return to that palace...looks like he prefers dreams over astrology.
Oh and once again, doesn't make a good picture but the wisemen visted jesus when he was about 2, right before they fled to Egypt to escape the kings death decree. I am a christian, which is why i particularly find these holiday lies disturbing, tsk tsk...
And don't let me get started on the character that is thor the pagan norse god, merged with an ethiopian bishop saint....bah

The Reverend Julian said:

No, I don't remember that, I recall him overturning the tables of the merchants and quoting isaiah.
King Josiah did alot of idol smashing however.
Oh, and don't forget all those crucifixes, worn all over South America.

Oh and to Iamjack's rant,, Amen indeed

Hah, whatever, at least we have something to fend off the vampires with... I bet you have garlic breath instead!

Notice how jesus, most of the people in picture bibles, and the nativity scene are white

...and you're still a virgin if you take it up the ass.

KoRn said:

businesses over the years have changed so many things. Kids rarely know the real meaning of everything about christmas.

DOOM Anomaly does... The meaning is to celebrate the "Birth of Christ" (I think), and uhhh, and Christmas time is a time to forget all the hassel and bad negative things in life and to be happy and get together and realize whats so precious about life, when we are all enjoying it.

Meh...I tried, for 1:30am that was pretty mighty-fine...

Scientist said:

>Whatever?

Don't you see that this perhaps means that other christian claims should be doubted aswell? This will lead to atheism and total anarchy all over the world. It could mean the end of our civilisation! Our childern will live in chaos!

Pfft, I don't take Christianity too serious anyway.

And I think you're exaggerating there my learned friend, just because there are lies in Christianity it will not result in the end of civilization. There will always be people dumb enough to blindly follow the faith and people will always find new rules to follow as blindly as dumb cattle.

Fredrik said:
Remember that all religions consist of 25% moral and 75% lies.

Edit: now that I’ve cooled down abit: swich the words lies and morals around and you have somthing closer to the truth.

This must be the most complete stable-set existing... I know the three wise men were from the east, but I didn't know they took their pets with them!

If I remember correctly, christmas is the celebration of the birth of Christ. But I do have a question. Since I'm not a Christian, I didn't know the part about the stable and the ass/ox isn't in the Bible. And how about baby Jesus being in a crib (which was of course used to feed cattle)?