Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Astro

REBORN.wad (12 Level Megawad!)

Hello! It's been a while since i posted something in here, i've been working on a short megawad that includes custom music, custom difficulty settings and custom weapon sprites, taken from REALM667. There are also 2 secret levels that can be accessed through MAP06.

Here are some screenshots!

MAP08

929048412_bandicam2019-06-0118-16-38-782.jpg.01ac4025047e2ae9118b1327ebf0298e.jpg

MAP09

1422296680_bandicam2019-06-0118-14-28-592.jpg.1ca8d38e84110733bd99906b953ad33e.jpg

MAP06

2038678511_bandicam2019-06-0118-17-33-778.jpg.4c14d97a3e8a30cfa5c8d0cf4e294ba2.jpg

This wad was tested with Zandronum, i don't know if it works with other engines, If you have any problems then please tell me!. Also use DOOM2.wad. Have fun!  >>  https://www.mediafire.com/file/i9jkjm488d8xa92/REBORN.wad/file <<

Edited by Astro

i just played the first 2 maps and the attention to detail is amazing i am an new mapper my self so i really cant give good critic but what i can do is say keep it up :)  

The screenshots look really interesting, and I downloaded this excited to try it, but -

When I tried playing it with gzdoom, I got a message saying there was a script error in line 1, " Unexpected integer constant - Expecting ';' or '{' ", which cancelled the execution.

Tried loading the WAD in prboom and it just told me, " WAD not found ".

Tried loading it in prboom+ and I got " createPatch: Unknown patch format TITLEPIC ".

Not sure how mizucc managed to load and play it, apparently I'm doing something wrong though :\

50 minutes ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

The screenshots look really interesting, and I downloaded this excited to try it, but -

When I tried playing it with gzdoom, I got a message saying there was a script error in line 1, " Unexpected integer constant - Expecting ';' or '{' ", which cancelled the execution.

Tried loading the WAD in prboom and it just told me, " WAD not found ".

Tried loading it in prboom+ and I got " createPatch: Unknown patch format TITLEPIC ".

Not sure how mizucc managed to load and play it, apparently I'm doing something wrong though :\

Try to left click on the .wad file and then click on properties. Then change the program to run the wad with into GZDoom or PrDoom, or maybe try Zandronum or some other engines! I Hope this helps!

EDIT: Also tested it in GZDoom. Got the same error, the problem is with the engines. Please try Zandronum!

Success! The WAD worked great in Zandronum, thank you for that advice (first time I've ever actually downloaded Zandronum!)

I played this on UV.

I'm glad I managed to get this working because, damn, I had a blast playing this! These were quick, bite-sized, and very fun maps to play. You can tell the focus was on gameplay, which usually translates well. The arsenal and the enemies get beefy quickly, and the pace never really lets up!

As far as level design, I got a strong Doom 2 vibe from them, which I absolutely loved (not to mention the full-blown homage on the City of the Dead level, which I won't spoil). The levels look and feel great, with some genuinely eerie atmosphere in a few of the later maps. It was funny, I literally had 2 HP when I beat map07, and going into map08 with 2 HP was rough! I died several times to the lava just in the opening room, and then I looked at the name of the level - "Satan laughs as you eternally rot" - I haven't laughed that hard in a while... it was too fitting for the moment.

I loved the monster placement, especially much of your usage of Archviles. I think my only gripe would be with the Altar of Sacrifice level - which I would have personally called The Hive of the Pain Elementals. I'm not the biggest fan of that enemy, so this level was a bit of a pain for me (pun not intended), but, it didn't drag on. The finale was absolutely brutal... I restarted that level more times than I care to admit, until it finally sunk in that speed was the name of the game.

The custom content seemed to fit well, for the most part. I certainly enjoyed that semi-automatic, railgun-BFG-thing. I'm not sure if the chaingun was supposed to have some kind of simulated wind-up effect, but if I stopped firing, and attempted to re-fire too quickly, nothing would happen, which was a bit of a struggle for the first while.

I thought the item placement was done well, especially in the health department. Ammo seemed a bit too plentiful at times, but I think in retrospect that if I had been playing each level from a pistol start, the amount of ammo would've been quite adequate. As for the secrets, I didn't find all of them, but the ones I did find seemed well-placed and always useful. I never found the 2 secret levels, so I'll have to play through again and see if I can find those bad boys! 

---

Overall, this was definitely worth playing! Very "classic" inspired feel to the levels, lots of fun, and some genuinely challenging areas. I'd love to see more of this!

2 minutes ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Success! The WAD worked great in Zandronum, thank you for that advice (first time I've ever actually downloaded Zandronum!)

I played this on UV.

I'm glad I managed to get this working because, damn, I had a blast playing this! These were quick, bite-sized, and very fun maps to play. You can tell the focus was on gameplay, which usually translates well. The arsenal and the enemies get beefy quickly, and the pace never really lets up!

As far as level design, I got a strong Doom 2 vibe from them, which I absolutely loved (not to mention the full-blown homage on the City of the Dead level, which I won't spoil). The levels look and feel great, with some genuinely eerie atmosphere in a few of the later maps. It was funny, I literally had 2 HP when I beat map07, and going into map08 with 2 HP was rough! I died several times to the lava just in the opening room, and then I looked at the name of the level - "Satan laughs as you eternally rot" - I haven't laughed that hard in a while... it was too fitting for the moment.

I loved the monster placement, especially much of your usage of Archviles. I think my only gripe would be with the Altar of Sacrifice level - which I would have personally called The Hive of the Pain Elementals. I'm not the biggest fan of that enemy, so this level was a bit of a pain for me (pun not intended), but, it didn't drag on. The finale was absolutely brutal... I restarted that level more times than I care to admit, until it finally sunk in that speed was the name of the game.

The custom content seemed to fit well, for the most part. I certainly enjoyed that semi-automatic, railgun-BFG-thing. I'm not sure if the chaingun was supposed to have some kind of simulated wind-up effect, but if I stopped firing, and attempted to re-fire too quickly, nothing would happen, which was a bit of a struggle for the first while.

I thought the item placement was done well, especially in the health department. Ammo seemed a bit too plentiful at times, but I think in retrospect that if I had been playing each level from a pistol start, the amount of ammo would've been quite adequate. As for the secrets, I didn't find all of them, but the ones I did find seemed well-placed and always useful. I never found the 2 secret levels, so I'll have to play through again and see if I can find those bad boys! 

---

Overall, this was definitely worth playing! Very "classic" inspired feel to the levels, lots of fun, and some genuinely challenging areas. I'd love to see more of this!

Thank you very much! Glad you enjoyed it!

12 levels is not a megawad, just a regular wad. You need 15+ maps to qualify for a Doom 2 megawad.

5 hours ago, Bushpig2dope said:

Why doesn't this work on GZDoom? I'd play otherwise

I Used Old Format for MAPINFO.