Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rince-wind

Reccomend me some obscure Plutonia & TNT wads

I already played the popular ones like Plutonia 2 and revisited and TNT revilution and threnody,

so I would like to play some lesser known ones.

Doesn't matter if they're one level or a megawad as long as they're not crummy (Plutonia 3).

These are not mentioned often:

-Plutonia:

+ Plutonium Winds

+ Skepland

+ Unnamed AD_79 mapset (should rectify this ;) )

+ Plutocracy

+ Plutonia 1024: The Plutinya Exeriment

Combat Shock

+ Da Will

Nuclear Chunks

Those are some personal recommendations. A whole list can be found here.

-TNT:

+ TNT: Resistance 

TNT: Renaissance

+ Heroes' Tales

Once again, a list

Final Doom: The Way id did is currently on hiatus until the project leads can finish their other endeavors. It has downloadable maps though, so you can check it out.

Edited by Catpho

Thanks for the response, as it turns out I played like 90% of these but I think I can find something on the lists.

I've done some Plutonia inspired levels at the beginning of this year. It's still WIP, though:

1 hour ago, Deadwing said:

I've done some Plutonia inspired levels at the beginning of this year. It's still WIP, though:

So far I played the first two maps and I like them, you made them difficult with clever enemy placement instead of just dumping 10000 revenants on the player (though you gave me a newfound hatred for chaingunners in the dark), and the levels themselves have a nice flow and are easy to navigate to.

Just one question, in the first level with the skull pillars close to the blue door, was I supposed to sprint across the shortest one?

3 hours ago, Rince-wind said:

So far I played the first two maps and I like them, you made them difficult with clever enemy placement instead of just dumping 10000 revenants on the player (though you gave me a newfound hatred for chaingunners in the dark), and the levels themselves have a nice flow and are easy to navigate to.

Just one question, in the first level with the skull pillars close to the blue door, was I supposed to sprint across the shortest one?

Oh cool! Thanks for the feedback!

In the first level, AFAIR, you aren't supposed to sprint into any of the pillars. You can reach the blue door through a switch in the upper half of the map (where the very first chaingunner is located)

2 minutes ago, Deadwing said:

Oh cool! Thanks for the feedback!

In the first level, AFAIR, you aren't supposed to sprint into any of the pillars. You can reach the blue door through a switch in the upper half of the map (where the very first chaingunner is located)

Oh well, now I know.

By the way, remember when I say this wad doesn't dump 10000 revs on the player?

After map 04 that statement might be outdated, still though it's not as frustrating as in other wads since you give lots of space to maneuver around them.

All in all I hope you finish this wad.

Oh yeah, Map 04 is very Revenant-centric haha (especially the beginning and the end). There's some good amount of archvilles in the other maps too >.<

I hope someday I get some free time to finish it