Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MadGuy

DOOM BFA 1.2.7 (former Classic RBDOOM 3 BFG)

Yeah for the new hotfix that fixes the issue with Linux been unable to load sigil as the 5th episode

Many thanks!

And for noobs, like i am one, here's how to play SIGIL as fifth Ultimate Doom episode in Classic RBDOOM 3 BFG on Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS:

1. Get SIGIL.wad. https://www.romerogames.ie/si6il/

2. Get SIGIL_BFG.wad. https://www.moddb.com/mods/classic-rbdoom-3-bfg-edition/addons/sigil-bfg

3. Install the latest version of Classic RBDOOM 3 BFG.

4. Create a sub-directory, called "mods" within the "base" -directory and store SIGIL.wad and SIGIL_BFG.wad there.

5. Run the game with the following command:

./RBDoom3BFG -doom -file /mods/SIGIL.wad /mods/SIGIL_BFG.wad

The -doom parameter before the -file parameter forces SIGIL to be loaded ONLY on Ultimate Doom.

That prevents crashes of the game, when you enter DOOM2 with SIGIL.wad and SIGIL_BFG.wad loaded.

Greetings

Funduke

BUMP for the new update and the release of the launcher's source code and a brand new tool that can restore the ROE arcades (if you have the OG ROE)

Hi,

I have a few Questions/ feature requests:

Can the original Doom 3 Flashlight be enabled (or added) in the Lost mission?

Is it possible to add a Chainsaw in the Lost Mission, on the map as a weapon that the player can pick up (like any other item or weapon in the game)?

And last question.

Will soft particles and proper soft shadows along with shadow mapping be supported (if they aren't already?) in the future like they are now in the fhDOOM source port?

See a screenshot here:

Screen

12 minutes ago, Doomer1999 said:

Hi,

I have a few Questions/ feature requests:

Can the original Doom 3 Flashlight be enabled (or added) in the Lost mission?

Is it possible to add a Chainsaw in the Lost Mission, on the map as a weapon that the player can pick up (like any other item or weapon in the game)?

And last question.

Will soft particles and proper soft shadows along with shadow mapping be supported (if they aren't already?) in the future like they are now in the fhDOOM source port?

See a screenshot here:

Screen

A. There is still a bug in Lost Mission with the original flashlight. Just beat the first level and you will get it automatically

B. Only if you mod any of it's levels

C. Rule No1 of this Port: you DONT talk about advanced Graphics.

Rule No2 of this Port: you DONT talk about advanced Graphics.

(JK, but seriously you are asking the wrong person about advanced graphics here sorry)

Thanks for answering my questions.

A. I hope the bug will be fixed, somewhere down the road.

B. I understand.

C. OK, No worries, Now i don't need to ask about that anymore : -)

Keep up the awesome work!

Bump for the new version with Doom shareware support and a HUGE amount of fixes and improvments

Bump for the new update that brings support for DOOM 3 (2019) and Demo recording for Classic Doom

What is the meaning of:

• Doom shareware support
    • Can the source-port now be played with the shareware-iwad for users, who don't own the full games?

and

• support for DOOM 3 (2019)
    • Is this related to the new PS4 and XBOX One port of DooM3?
      • And if yes, how are these used with the source port?

?

Greetings

Funduke

Edited by funduke

20 minutes ago, funduke said:

What is the meaning of:

• Doom shareware support
    • Can the source-port now be played with the shareware-iwad for users, who don't own the full games?

and

• support for DOOM 3 (2019)
    • Is this related to the new PS4 and XBOX One port of DooM3?
      • And if yes, how are these used with the source port?

?

Greetings

Funduke

A. just for the heck of it (Not that I am thinking to make a demo for BFG or anything like that)

B. Yes, they are not. This version is also available on PC (through Bethesda.net). I bought it there because of the promo and because I was curious about that version (How close to BFG is and what has actually changed)

5 hours ago, MadGuy said:

... This version is also available on PC (through Bethesda.net). I bought it there because of the promo and because I was curious about that version (How close to BFG is and what has actually changed)

Thank you for that info!

I just bought that new PC version and am going to download it.

Greetings

Funduke

56 minutes ago, funduke said:

Thank you for that info!

I just bought that new PC version and am going to download it.

Keep in mind that Classic RBDoom DOES NOT support Bethesda.net (so you must use the vanilla executable in order to get the promo)

8 hours ago, Danfun64 said:

Are the PC versions of "DOOM (1993)" and "DOOM II" on besthesda.net both the Unity ports?

I think they are the OG DOS versions (I only have DOOM 1 from BFG and DOOM 2 from both BFG and GOG). If I am not wrong those two were there way before the Unity ports

18 hours ago, MadGuy said:

Keep in mind that Classic RBDoom DOES NOT support Bethesda.net (so you must use the vanilla executable in order to get the promo)

I downloaded the game files with a Bethesda.net client on a Windows 10 Tablet, that has not enough power, to play the game, but did the download pretty nice. I moved the game files then to my linux system and it plays pretty nice with your source port.

What i did, was downloading and compiling the source port by using your recipe from here: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/1884054 .

Then i copied the "base" -directory from the new Bethesda-Unity-Doom3 into the "build" directory, that resides within the "Classic-RBDOOM-3-BFG" -folder. Then i copied also the "base" -directory from "Classic-RBDOOM-3-BFG" into the "build" -directory, letting it overwrit any preexisting files with same names. The i typed ./RBDoom3BFG and the game started.

It plays very nice. I like it.

By the way: would it be possible to make that above described procedure shorter. I mean, probably would it be possible to make the game engine look into the "base" -directory with the new and modified files and let it use them instead of any of the same name in the original game "base" -folder. That would make it obsolete, to modify the "base"-folder with each new install, using one original game "base2 -folder for multiple versions of the source port.

I wish to also try the classic-rbdoom-3-bfg source port with the DooM shareware. How do i have to do that?

Greetings

Funduke

43 minutes ago, funduke said:

I wish to also try the classic-rbdoom-3-bfg source port with the DooM shareware. How do i have to do that?

Download the DOOM Shareware and copy-paste it's wad in to the base/wads directory. In case you are using the new DOOM 3 you will need and timidity gus patches ( Search them here I think those are the ones they are using in first place), create a folder classicmusic and inside it a folder instruments and put in it the .PAT files and the cfg rename it to gravis and put it in classicmusic folder. After that just boot DOOM 1 (in case of BFG rename/remove the DOOM.WAD from the wads directory) (on DOOM 3 (2019) you must use +set com_game_mode in order to access the classic Doom engine)

Thank you for the instructions. It works fine!

I used this for the shareware IWAD:

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/idstuff/doom/win95/doom95

With the Doom3BFG edition, i just need to type

./RBDoom3BFG

An then later select Ultimate DooM, to enter the shareware episode.

With DOOM 3 (2019), typing

./RBDoom3BFG +set com_game_mode 1

does the job.

For the music in the installment, that uses DOOM 3 (2019), i downloaded this file:

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/music/dgguspat

Thanks again, you gave me a nice day! :)

Greetings

Funduke

Edited by funduke

Thanks for the update. Having problems getting it to work on Windows 10. Downloaded latest version from GITHub.

Here's what I've done so far:

- Extracted win64 archive to BFG steam folder,

- Ran exe but won't load (original DoomBFG.exe works fine)

- Tried running as administrator but no luck

- Tried in Win7 compatibility mode just for the sake of it, no luck

Basically, the timer spins to indicate something is happening but the game doesn't load at all, no Doom 3 window or anything in the Task Bar...

Any ideas on what to try next? All drivers are up to date. I'm assuming because the normal DoomBFG.exe loads ok, it is something directly related to 1.2.0 for this source port. If I get time later today, I'll try a previous version to see if that helps.

47 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Thanks for the update. Having problems getting it to work on Windows 10. Downloaded latest version from GITHub.

Here's what I've done so far:

- Extracted win64 archive to BFG steam folder,

- Ran exe but won't load (original DoomBFG.exe works fine)

- Tried running as administrator but no luck

- Tried in Win7 compatibility mode just for the sake of it, no luck

Basically, the timer spins to indicate something is happening but the game doesn't load at all, no Doom 3 window or anything in the Task Bar...

Any ideas on what to try next? All drivers are up to date. I'm assuming because the normal DoomBFG.exe loads ok, it is something directly related to 1.2.0 for this source port. If I get time later today, I'll try a previous version to see if that helps.

Try to open it with CDL.exe and put +set logfile 1 in order to get the log file (Ususally on C:\Users\<your username>\Saved Games\Id Softaware\RBDOOM 3 BFG\base)

Edited by MadGuy

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm reinstalling Doom 3 BFG from scratch and then will try again first.

---

Update: I have attached an image of the prompt that appears - after clicking 'no'. nothing happens. This doesn't happen for Doom3bfg.exe.

search-for-app-in-store.PNG

Update 2: CDL loads, but no log files are saved with +set logfile 1

Trying to find out how to disable the Windows 10 store from doing this pop-up.

Update 3: Can't find out how to disable the Windows 'search for app in the store' prompt... Tried version 1.1.14 and having the same issues.

Edited by Gazz

53 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Update: I have attached an image of the prompt that appears - after clicking 'no'. nothing happens. This doesn't happen for Doom3bfg.exe.

search-for-app-in-store.PNG

How ? .exe SHOULD NOT be assign to open with other program

I agree, very strange - it doesn't happen for any other programs either. I'll continue to investigate what's going on.

Also for the logfile did you check the path I put in the parenthesis ? The file should be called qconsole.log

Yes, there was a folder for Doom 3 BFG but not RBDoom 3 BFG. My guess it is this file association issue, I'll post up once sorted out and then will see if the .exe loads.

14 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Yes, there was a folder for Doom 3 BFG but not RBDoom 3 BFG. My guess it is this file association issue, I'll post up once sorted out and then will see if the .exe loads.

I guess that might help 

My registry is set as it is in the video already (no changes needed).

Managed to get a logfile from the RBDoom3BFG.exe.

Game has loaded but won't go fullscreen. I created a new shortcut, run as administrator with +set r_fullscreen 0. Not sure what's different from the first time around (possibly fresh install changed something?). Either way, now working windowed. Next challenge to load fullscreen. It might be because it's a 120hz monitor. I'll post up how things go.