Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

Look what the UPS guy dropped off at my place...

memories. I like the five free hours of dwango thing on the back. I wonder if anybody that purchased it recently tried to get on dwango?

VileSlay said:

memories. I like the five free hours of dwango thing on the back. I wonder if anybody that purchased it recently tried to get on dwango?

DWANGO is dead, IIRC.

//me sheds a tear

Behold, the holiest of symbols!
Truly a thing of beauty. Be wary, if the shrink-wrap is ever removed, it will scorch the hand of the unworthy.

wow....that brings me back to christmas about 8 years ago when i got doomsw in my stocking for christmas and my brother got blake stone and he wanted to trade

Try amazon.com if you want to get one. I got the Doom Collector Set (Ultimate Doom, Doom II, and Final Doom) for $19.99

Ct_red_pants said:

//me sheds a tear

Behold, the holiest of symbols!
Truly a thing of beauty. Be wary, if the shrink-wrap is ever removed, it will scorch the hand of the unworthy.

I hope I'm worthy in that case! I have a bucket of water here with me just incase :)

//Sniffles

The sight of that box brings back so many memories. Ultimate Doom was the first PC game I ever purchased, and to this day I love it the most. As Nanami said, you could have gotten Collectors Doom for as much money, but this, this is true beauty here. Treasure this find always, Alientank, for it is as gold.

I got my doom on my 8th birthday I think it was, back in 1995. We were celebrating at my aunts house down the street, and after I opened it up all I wanted to do was go play it. I choked down one piece of cake (My mom made me stay for cake) then I ran home and started 'er up. My brother made fun of me cuz I started on E1 instead of going straight to E2. (I had cleared E1 numerous times on the shareware version before this)I just told him I wanted to play the thing all the way through, and so I did.......and I'm still playing it to this day. *SNIFFLE*

Ah... the day I first recieved the ol' sucker was the first doom shareware. After that, my brother went out and got the actually full version - ever since, I've dearly mooched off of it...

All this talk of Ultimate Doom has made me nostalgiac. I just finished going back and playing Knee Deep in the Dead. I just can't get over how great that Episode is. Even the parts I don't like (Research Facility) I still have a lot of fun playing, and no matter how many times I play that episode, it never gets old. Well, off to Shores of Hell.

Ummmm....Buy another one? Or perhaps buy the Collection pack set Dee-Lee, and save the Ultimate Doom case for mint condition, and for ages to come :D

Beware ebay shrink-wrapped boxes. There's a disturbing trend amongst ebay sellers to buy a shrink-wrapper and then sell the item under the false pretense that it is new. Many collectors don't even know they've been ripped off until it's too late. Some have shelled out as much as $500 for a "sealed" rare Nintendo game, only to find out it was a different used game inside (i.e. a game worth 5 bucks).

Another thing you want to stay away from on Ebay is buying VHS movies. I've puchased tapes from 5 different ebay sellers that were supposedly "rare" out of print commercial copies, where my bid got as high as 50 dollars. What happens when I get the "rare" tape in the mail? It ends up being a 2-dollar blank tape with a piss-poor bootleg of the movie recorded on it. I'd go back online and see that these sellers have made thousands of dollars off this HIGHLY ILLEGAL activity, so I complained to ebay. They refused to do anything, stating that I couldn't actually "prove" I received illegal bootlegs. So I told them that I could very easily inform various movie companies about ebay's policy on such blatant piracy. That ebay is intentionally turning a blind eye while they take profit from bootleggers (which means ebay is just as guilty of bootlegging). Ebay still refused to take any action, hinting that their lawyers would bury me. Maybe so, but I'd like to see them take on hollywood with that same attitude...

I don't think I would buy anything online.
one reason being that I don't have money. and two, there is a chance you could lose money.
I don't have the time right now to look for things smartly.

Opening it or not depends on what you have in mind for it. If you want to resell it or are a collector, then keep it as it is. Otherwise go ahead and open it.

BigBadGangsta said:

DWANGO is dead, IIRC.

it is dead, and thats why it would be teh funny.

anyway as far as ebay goes, my brother and I have had mostly good experience. I'm still waiting on a video I purchased, a rare out of print movie (gigantis the fire monster, sequel to gojira). hmmm....now I wonder if I might be in for what firebrandx said.