Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Nate

Doom Eternal E3 - Sunday 5:30 PDT

7 minutes ago, Jaws In Space said:

Doom 3 Cherub making a return?

It's actually named Carcass. Official name of it came from the Stadia footage (albeit you need to find a 1080p version to see its name)

Ah, here it is. At the 1:50 minute mark.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Jaws In Space said:

Doom 3 Cherub making a return?

Wgm8dkR.png

I don't think so, I think this is the Carcass enemy.

Content all looking fantastic. What I'm not hyped about is how they're already carving it up into 18 little pieces in different editions, so predictable. Bethesda is chasing that Activision/EA dream hard.

1 minute ago, TheRedTide said:

This guy here was the Marauder before he turned into a demon. Notice the similarities on his armor.

Good catch, although it could just be similar armor because it comes from the same culture, so we'll have to wait and see. Definitely strengthens the idea that the Marauder may be the Betrayer, though. Or maybe the Betrayer's son. Perhaps the king or lord there is the father who bargained for his return, and the Marauder is what he got back.

5 minutes ago, Quasar said:

Good catch, although it could just be similar armor because it comes from the same culture, so we'll have to wait and see. Definitely strengthens the idea that the Marauder may be the Betrayer, though. Or maybe the Betrayer's son. Perhaps the king or lord there is the father who bargained for his return, and the Marauder is what he got back.

I'm getting some "Witch King of Angmar" vibes here from that guy in the screenshot. The only thing I dind't like about Doom Eternal this time was the UI, the HUD, it's too colorful and filled with widgets. Everything else tho, pretty cool, also some areas from the trailer give off this distinct Quake 1 feel to it.

Link: Details on the Collector's Edition

Looks like they heard our complaints of not getting single player DLC last time, as the Year One pass includes Two SP DLC set to release within the year of the release. Generally I don't like pre-planned DLC since it means a company just cut content from the base game to sell later (fuck you Bungie) but Id has been very good to this community with their quality so I'm keeping my hopes up.

Oh, on another note, I got really pissed when the guy from Bethesda came out and acted like they created the FPS genre just because they own Id now. 

10 minutes ago, Johnatone said:

Link: Details on the Collector's Edition

Looks like they heard our complaints of not getting single player DLC last time, as the Year One pass includes Two SP DLC set to release within the year of the release. Generally I don't like pre-planned DLC since it means a company just cut content from the base game to sell later (fuck you Bungie) but Id has been very good to this community with their quality so I'm keeping my hopes up.

Oh, on another note, I got really pissed when the guy from Bethesda came out and acted like they created the FPS genre just because they own Id now. 

I got this distinct hunch that one of the DLC will a short campaign set in the plast, in Argent D'Nur, were we'll be playing a Night Sentinel.

I love hell’s architecture this time around. The gothic cathedrals and overall heavy metal look to everything is just straight up badass

46 minutes ago, TheRedTide said:

This guy here was the Marauder before he turned into a demon. Notice the similarities on his armor.

4or8ooD.png

He could also be the DoomHunter or the big "Baron Chieftain" on the right of the E3 Mural.

That was a really great trailer.

Is it just me or is this game going to be about the biblical end times? Perhaps the game is about Doomslayer trying to convince God to postpone Judgement Day.

Also, this guy is the same guy at the beginning of Doom 2016 who says "They are Rage, Brutal, without mercy...". Maybe he's referring to humanity.

14 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

That was a really great trailer.

Is it just me or is this game going to be about the biblical end times? Perhaps the game is about Doomslayer trying to convince God to postpone Judgement Day.

Also, this guy is the same guy at the beginning of Doom 2016 who says "They are Rage, Brutal, without mercy...". Maybe he's referring to humanity.

Pretty much.

Here’s my story synopsis based on what we’ve seen:

After 2016, Hayden continues to meddle with Hell, and brings about another invasion. Rather than intercept and help humanity, heaven allows the Earth to be destroyed as penance for man’s sins. However, the doomslayer is interfering with this plan by killing literally all of the demons, forcing the heavenly beings to take action against him.

That is Definitely the Tower of Babel. So these are actual biblical demons and not just fantasy Warcraft space-demons.

image.png.4c0c832ba789c6a3b192a63beba8cbcd.png

image.png.deb1e31a65f638265bd3e34e7d7f5896.png

6 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

That is Definitely the Tower of Babel. So these are actual biblical demons and not just fantasy Warcraft space-demons.

The Doom universe version of them at least ;)

id has outdone themselves. damn this looks awesome. that cyberdemon, the level design, the chaingun. fuck yes. this is the shit. 

1 minute ago, DooM_RO said:

Did you guys notice that GKs no longer also give ammo?

yea theyve changed things up a bit. glory kills for health, chainsaw for ammo, flamethrower for armor. 

there was an upgrade in 16 that got you armor from glory kills, so maybe they will have that sort of crossing over as well. 

I don't like how the levels are just overflowing with health and ammo. If you make a mistake, you should pay for it and have to be more careful, not rectify it after 2 seconds. Your rocket misses? Well tough luck buddy, you're not getting more. Got sloppy while dodging Mancubus projectiles? Well be more careful. Marty and Hugo kept talking about skill and meaningful choices but you can't really make meaningful choices if there are no big mistakes to avoid. 

I like GKs but the way they are balanced really feels more like a masked regenerating health/ammo system. They are important because you often get locked in arenas so you can't backtrack for health and ammo but I still think you can combine GKs with classic Doom resource management. Just replace health packs with Argent Batteries that you find in secrets and one or MAYBE a couple in arenas. If you don't have a battery you only get 5 health from a small demon and 10 from a big demon. Once per fight, you can get 50 health back if you have no batteries after which a long cooldown commences.

They did that with the fuel system but they put them all over the place...

It might sound like I hate the system it but I really don't. The mechanics themselves are fine, it's all about balance

Just watched the E3 vid....

CLASSIC CYBER DEMON CLASSIC CYBER DEMON CLASSIC CYBERDEMON EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :D :D!!!!!!!!!

Ekhm..I mean, yeah, kinda looks cool, sure. Might play it when it's out....

Seriously though, this looks awesome. It overall just ..feels more like a classic iD shooter too, if the vids are anything to go by. Can't wait to give it a go.

22 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

I don't like how the levels are just overflowing with health and ammo. If you make a mistake, you should pay for it and have to be more careful, not rectify it after 2 seconds.

I think Marty said during the presentation you're short on ressources. I suppose it just looks overflowing because the videos player has played this segment hundrets of times.

13 minutes ago, igg said:

I think Marty said during the presentation you're short on ressources. I suppose it just looks overflowing because the videos player has played this segment hundrets of times.

He said "critical resources". Maybe he refers to ammo but I consider health to be a resource too. Health is how many mistakes you can make during a fight and it is an indicator (along with your current ammo) whether a risk is worth it or not. If you regenerate these resources too easily there is no risk and therefore no skill.

He was certainly low on ammo but that may be because he didn't use the Chainsaw and there were plenty of canisters just in that segment. If you ask me, there should be only one or two canisters in the whole level, for emergency situations. 

Edited by DooM_RO

5 hours ago, Sgt Nate V said:

1147191666_DE_CE_BNET_HERO_1920x870-Copy.jpg.8e9e9f8cc5eb65fa20153069a12b4fe6.jpg

They're all on Sentinel Prime too.

does those wings look to u like the flaming one from mural?With the metal compositon on top??!!And the mural one has breasts??!!Really?

i'm getting a strong souls vibe from some of these images. ever since last year when they showed that red glowing melee weapon, i was hoping for a souls like in the doom universe. with a modern, kick-ass engine though. hope we're moving towards that.

4 minutes ago, zzzornbringer said:

i'm getting a strong souls vibe from some of these images. ever since last year when they showed that red glowing melee weapon, i was hoping for a souls like in the doom universe. with a modern, kick-ass engine though. hope we're moving towards that.

That sounds like heresy to me.

24 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

^

Beware, that one has spoilers. I exited right before them.

What kind of spoilers? And whats the source of the spoilers? Since nobody has access to the games assets (like codes entries) they could only base upon stuff mentioned during Bethesdas conference?