Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

SIGIL demos [-complevel 3]

DSDA page

Post your demos for SIGIL here.

This is a 9 map limit-removing mEgAwAd that replaces E3, so Crispy, prboom-plus and Eternity (using the "-vanilla" parameter) should be your port menu. The suggested naming convention is sigX-ZZZ.lmp, where X is the map number and ZZZ is the time. Replace the "-" with a letter to represent categories such as NM (n), fast (f), tyson (t), pacifist (p) or nomo (o).

Always use SIGIL_COMPAT.wad for demo recording!

None of the valid ports will work properly on SIGIL.wad, not even Eternity (it will force-replace the episode value in the demo header to 4).

homepage download link: https://www.romerogames.ie/si6il/
idgames download link: pending

Always try to use version 1.21, all the maps were updated from the boxed version and version 1.1! The update should be final!

Edited by Maribo

Alrighty, a minor complication. There will be a 1.2 patch, so I recommend holding off with at least some maps. Right now it seems like m3 and possibly also m2 and m4 will get a node rebuild, the rest should be safe.

Probably these are some dumb questions to ask, but I'll ask anyway. There's another update coming (maybe)? If so, I should probably not record anything until it's final.

There's a pool of blood (after the Red Skull Door, fall down to the right side) on Map03 is not damaging. I don't know whether it's a mistake. How do I report it?

13 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

There's another update coming (maybe)? If so, I should probably not record anything until it's final.

There should be a 1.2 patch in the future which will change E3M2, E3M3 and E3M4 (according to dew). I don't make any serious attempts until there's a final version.

16 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

There's a pool of blood (after the Red Skull Door, fall down to the right side) on Map03 is not damaging. I don't know whether it's a mistake. How do I report it?

I believe you can just tweet him about that, or just message him here.

Made some UV-Max demos of all levels. Maps 1 and 2 were done on version 1.0, the rest were done on version 1.1. I also made a YouTube playlist of these demos.

Edit: removed unnecessary files from zip folders :)

sig1uvmax138.zip

sig2uvmax143.zip

sig3uvmax259.zip

sig4uvmax416.zip

sig5uvmax642.zip

sig6uvmax409.zip

sig7uvmax833.zip

sig8uvmax146.zip

sig9uvmax429.zip

Edited by T-West : Fix zip folder content.

Welcome to the forums! It's greatly preferable to include the wad file in a separate zip, as the archivists will need to remove it from the demo zip anyway. 

I'm really confused! What version are we meant to use for speedrunning? The version with Buckethead (or however they're called), or a newer version without?

It's in the OP: 

On 5/31/2019 at 1:41 PM, dew said:

Always use SIGIL_COMPAT.wad for demo recording!

On 5/31/2019 at 1:41 PM, dew said:

Always try to use version 1.1, all the maps except m3 were updated from the boxed version!

Chiming in with some background info:

ALL maps will be updated in 1.2 so I would recommend waiting before it's released. The extra wad in the boxed version only provides soundtracks by Buckethead so you're free to record your demos with or without it.

Looks like version 1.2 1.2.1 is available now. :) Should SIGIL_COMPAT_v1_2.wad be used from now on? Or, rather, should SIGIL_COMPAT_v1_21.wad be used?

Edited by T-West : Update version number.

There will be no more updates to the maps. (Well, unless something huge that would change Romero's mind crops up. That is extremely unlikely at this point.)

1.2 -> 1.2.1 was a consequence of a bit of a misunderstanding and the change didn't touch any of the maps and wouldn't affect the (de)syncing of a demo.

So feel free to record demos from now on. Recording should be always done with SIGIL_COMPAT_v1_21.wad.

This still gives me a very uncomfortable feeling to record on 1.21...

Spoiler

map3.jpg.fa964ed6148ae640c4510f76785be130.jpg

This hole at Map03, I still think it should be pain sector and I reported, but probably I suck at reporting things, so this gets ignored. I'm so afraid that one day somebody realizes this and changes the map once again.