Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Nate

Doom Eternal E3 - Sunday 5:30 PDT

I've been wondering, what is the purpose of the green energy container thing on the lower right of the HUD? The one that glows when you shoot enemies. What does it do?

2 hours ago, DMPhobos said:

Cheat codes huh?.... interesting....

hzCGD6q.png

RAGE 2 has a system where you can unlock cheat codes in-game and have them easily accessible in the pause menu. This is probably similar to that.

Edited by chemo

2 hours ago, Marn said:

I'm not a fan of the tiny little cutscenes.

They probably wanted to show the Doomslayer more. Even the devs were probably hesitant.

2 hours ago, TakenStew22 said:

I've been wondering, what is the purpose of the green energy container thing on the lower right of the HUD? The one that glows when you shoot enemies. What does it do?

Think that's the Equipment Fiend rune that gameplay has shown - it decreases equipment (grenade and flamethrower) cooldowns when you deal weapon damage.

I'm so glad this is coming out at lest a few months before the Final Fantasy VII Remake.  Going to get it for the PS4 Pro since I'm not sure my current PC can handle this game.

15 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

Best quality video so far.

If you look closely at 5:42, you can see a Cyber Fire Baron.

2 minutes ago, TheRedTide said:

If you look closely at 5:42, you can see a Cyber Fire Baron.

There's actually a name, there's an interview with one of the people that played the game and they referred to it as a "Dread-Knight."

On 6/10/2019 at 6:20 PM, Zemini said:

Still looking for the extended play clip without commentary.

All of these journalists seem to have the same clip but edited, so only certain clips show on certain videos.

I want the full thing too.

7 hours ago, Marn said:

I'm not a fan of the tiny little cutscenes.

I don't mind them as long as they're short, skippable and maybe even optional.

14 hours ago, Hofmann said:

Not sure if someone mentioned, but they introduced swimming too.

I hope you still get to shoot underwater but we're already taking too much from Quake at that point.

I inquired about the full video on RPS's Youtube profile and they said that what you see is what you get, implied that they can only release the edited cut with commentary, not the raw footage provided to them by Bethesda.

I think the HUD has to change, either that or allow us the ability to change it to something that looks simpler. 

The hue on your screen when u pick up health/takedmg also has to go. Just look at the difference between the story trailer and the actual gameplay. story trailer looks so much better w/o HUD + hues. 

10 minutes ago, Nymbus_Hustle said:

Gmanlives made a video about his experience playing Doom Eternal at E3

So firing, reloading, and movement speed is slower?  Uh oh....

16 minutes ago, STILES said:

So firing, reloading, and movement speed is slower?  Uh oh....

While I've been skeptical myself that's a bit of an unfair takeaway from the video. Lower base movement speed looks easily compensated for by the dashes, grappling hook, parkour and double jumps, while reloading only applies to the SSG, as has always been the case aside from Doom 3.

I'm also personally relieved to actually hear an exact description of how the lives work, it's kinda like how Blazko works in Samsara.

21 hours ago, TheMightyHeracross said:

While I've been skeptical myself that's a bit of an unfair takeaway from the video. Lower base movement speed looks easily compensated for by the dashes, grappling hook, parkour and double jumps, while reloading only applies to the SSG, as has always been the case aside from Doom 3.

I'm also personally relieved to actually hear an exact description of how the lives work, it's kinda like how Blazko works in Samsara.

Maybe, think Gman said the rocket launcher was also slower.  However, that may just be because he's used to having the FOV turned up higher.  So it may very well be about the same.

I am going to make a super cut of all released footage into one long video.  Just need to find footage w/o audience noise.

14 hours ago, Caffeine Freak said:

Hey, I found an uncut version of the VG247 gameplay video above: 

This video is one of the biggest spoilers... but I like it :-)

Some observations:

- We already learned that this level happens after 2/3 of the game

- We will meet Heaven towards the end of the game

- Mars was broken up and the city of an ancient civilization is accessible

- The ancient city is under hells influence and has a portal to Sentinel Prime

- Sentinel Prime is guarded by the Tyrant who steps through the portal to prevent the Slayer from reaching Sentinel Prime

- My first thought this blue sphere is another Well but I suppose it's just a portal 

- For some reason the staff shown in the beginning is wondering why they must let them (the demons) pass through

The story trailer revealed:

- There will be demons in the outside of Sentinel Prime 

- We will meet the Marauder there

My interpretation: Mars ancient civilization and Sentinel Prime are somehow connected. The ancient city has probably been burried by the forces of Hell to prevent anybody to reach the infested Sentinel Prime. UAC occultist want the demons to reach the ancient city before the Slayer to prevent him from reaching Sentinel Prime. Whats so special about Sentinel Prime? Is there a specific weapon or even an opposing army? Is it the connection to Heaven? Does it reveal the source of Hells power? Maybe all of these.