Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rince-wind

Recommend me YOUR wads

Here are my maps.  I have seen plenty of maps in these forums that far outshine mine, but they are good enough that I am proud of them.  They are UDMF, so they require Zandronum or "better".  Freelook is not required, but it is nice to have to see the sights.  Jumping and crouching are not required, but they also don't break the maps.  The second one is the oldest, with the first one being much newer, but inserted at the beginning because it fits there.  My favorite is the 9th map.  The 10th and 31st maps have secret exits, both of them near the beginning, but not available until the main exit is revealed.  There is a custom skill level replacing Nightmare with Slaughter, which has more monsters than Ultra Violent.  For even more monsters, play it in multiplayer or multiplayer emulation.

Here you go. Dark Encounters is standard Doom 2 style gameplay and Dark Universe is a slower paced survival wad. Hope you enjoy and thanks.

Guest Unregistered account

Here's one for Doom 1 I literally just made! Short, sweet and hectic.

Here's an older level I made. It's longer, harder, more traditional and for Doom II.

P.S. wow... I really do not remember writing that description for the Cells. lel

Here's my creation:

Each map was made in three hours so the quality is a mixed bag, to say the least.

WOW this thread suddenly blew up, thanks for the participation!

I was also thinking of giving short critiques of the wads if any of you would care.

I have very few stand alone releases where im the sole author and are finished, pretty much all of my other maps are scattered around other projects hehe, i can recommend eternal damnation, a vanilla set if you don't mind something classic, but if you prefer something a bit more modern, there's arctic outpost although that map is a bit outdated, but it's still fun

Sadly, I'm still on the way of making MAP03, it's like 30% - 40% done in TOTAL, therefore I can't give you anything haha.
However, if you can endure the 1-Map Demo with lots of beginner mistakes then I'll give it to ya.

Also, when you find the exit, don't move at all, there's a apparent Dead End on that exit so ye.

Also yeah I think that may be a different comment, if so, just scroll up a bit hehe.

1 hour ago, DMPhobos said:

I have very few stand alone releases where im the sole author and are finished, pretty much all of my other maps are scattered around other projects hehe, i can recommend eternal damnation, a vanilla set if you don't mind something classic, but if you prefer something a bit more modern, there's arctic outpost although that map is a bit outdated, but it's still fun

Just played through Eternal Damnation. Absolutely amazing, had I been recording a playthrough I would've had stuff to say constantly. The overall feel of the levels was great, I loved how sprawling yet strangely compact they felt. M1 in particular felt like a playground to speed through and got me in a good mood as soon as I started the WAD. Locations were memorable and stylish, visuals were clean and on-point and the difficulty and design felt clearly planned, fair and most importantly fun. If not for the scary DW "This thread has been inactive in three months" message I would've gushed more about it there. I can't even imagine how you would plan those levels and have them come out the way they did, amazing work and I'd love to play more from you!

Edited by Unregistered account

23 minutes ago, Rince-wind said:

Looks like I'm set for what to play in the next few weeks, thanks again!

This is an awesome idea for a thread and I love that it lets people proudly show their creations. Have fun with them! :D

I throw my hat into the ring and would like to show my three little/short maps. 

1. At Warehouse Station: yay, my first doomlevel! Nothing special, but had much fun creating it. https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/v-z/warestat

2. Secret Hangar: I experimented with some non-vanilla stuff (jumping and crouching are necessary). You can find it here: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/s-u/tshangar

3. And my last map is still looking for players ^^ Give it a shot 

I’ve made something like 200 maps so I’ll just recommend my latest wad: 

I love critiques!

7 hours ago, Doomkid said:

I’ve made something like 200 maps so I’ll just recommend my latest wad:

I played this wad a while back and I enjoyed it alot!

I don't actually have a lot to ciritique about it, you aimed for an old-school adventure with some quirks and hit bullseye.

I also played Shovelware Adventure and while I enjoyed that one too, it was a pain to figure out where to go and the monsters where just kinda dumped around the map, no cunning ambushes or tricky placements.

I hope we get a sequel to Rowdy, "Rowdy Rudy's Revengeance".

10 hours ago, Kapanyo said:

This is an awesome idea for a thread and I love that it lets people proudly show their creations. Have fun with them! :D

Thank you, I wonder though if there was a thread in the past like this one, probably was.

Plus everyone should have a self promotion thread, it's kinda hard to make your wads noticed, even if you're a bigshot in the community.