Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

Tell Me This is A Joke...

Don't see what's so wrong with it. It's the devs having fun over a joke most of the community is laughing along with... heck, every single mainline Doom game has had little fun gags in them at this point. 

Ultimate Doom: The horror! The apocalypse! The world is ending, and...and...BUNNIES ARE DYING! BUNNIES! And of course...Rip 'n' Tear!!!

Doom 2: German soldiers from world war 2 all got sent to hell, Castle Wolfenstien with them. Commander Keen was hung by the gallows four times simultaneously. John Romero is a living head on a stick inside a demon lords head. 

Doom 3: SUUUPER TURBO TURKEY PUNCHER.....3!!!

Doom 2016: Collectible Doomguy toys and retro-secret levels. That other arcade game in Olivia's office (What does Olivia, the evil master mind and dark acolyte of hell, do in her past time? Apparently she plays this...). 

Also remember the chibi-style merchandise for Doom 2016. 

All in all, this is hardly the first time iD has just let loose a little. Really not the end of the world... 

Wait a tick. What's the Bonus Campaign Master Level?

**Edit**

"Cultist Base Master Level - A remixed version of the campaign level "Cultist Base," with new challenges and surprises"

Edited by Chezza

Doom wasn't kinda serious to begin with. I mean...you, the player, kicking some demons's ass and send hell back to the toilet is fun and also added easter eggs throughout the whole game and this is not different. 

I personally like the fact that the DOOT meme is recognized and actually added to the game for some giggles. Would be funny if they attack with a sound trumpet shockwave though...

Besides, it's also part of merchandise to sell more and have a way to catch more players. And it just works. 

Just relax a bit and let the doot begins!!!

3 hours ago, Taurus Daggerknight said:

Ultimate Doom: The horror! The apocalypse! The world is ending, and...and...BUNNIES ARE DYING! BUNNIES! And of course...Rip 'n' Tear!!!

Doom 2: German soldiers from world war 2 all got sent to hell, Castle Wolfenstien with them. Commander Keen was hung by the gallows four times simultaneously. John Romero is a living head on a stick inside a demon lords head. 

Doom 3: SUUUPER TURBO TURKEY PUNCHER.....3!!!

Doom 2016: Collectible Doomguy toys and retro-secret levels. That other arcade game in Olivia's office (What does Olivia, the evil master mind and dark acolyte of hell, do in her past time? Apparently she plays this...). 

And don´t forget the dopefish in Quake. :)

4 hours ago, Chezza said:

Wait a tick. What's the Bonus Campaign Master Level?

**Edit**

"Cultist Base Master Level - A remixed version of the campaign level "Cultist Base," with new challenges and surprises"

In other words, Sonic Mania Plus' Encore mode.

1 hour ago, Maximum Matt said:

Revenant should be playing guitar.

This would be a RIFFenant then. :)

I am fine with the Doot Revenant but I worry about the slippery slope that can come from it.   I hope the skins will not devolve into stupid fortnite/hots skins.  Do we really want Pajama wearing Barons, lollipop king Marauders or a Santa Cause mancubus?

52 minutes ago, Zemini said:

I am fine with the Doot Revenant but I worry about the slippery slope that can come from it.   I hope the skins will not devolve into stupid fortnite/hots skins.  Do we really want Pajama wearing Barons, lollipop king Marauders or a Santa Cause mancubus?

Santa Clause mancubus would be kind of cool for Christmas.

Just now, Gothic said:

It is a joke, too bad you have no sense of humor.

Maybe he's German.

56 minutes ago, Flesh420 said:

Santa Clause mancubus would be kind of cool for Christmas.

Well maybe just during the holiday season I might be able to stomach it but I do not want it to go overboard.

1 hour ago, Gothic said:

It is a joke, too bad you have no sense of humor.

Joke of a meme rather than something else? Why not a Call of Duty joke?

8 minutes ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

Why not a Call of Duty joke?

Dunno, perhaps they fancied doing something funny.

7 minutes ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

Joke of a meme rather than something else? Why not a Call of Duty joke?

That is not something that anybody would actually want. Call of Duty isn't really even that relevant anymore. The Revenant skin they're giving us is great. 

And better yet, you're not forced to buy it, although it will likely end up in a Deluxe/Com0lete Edition eventually.

So, who cares?

7 minutes ago, Jayextee said:

Dunno, perhaps they fancied doing something funny.

What about Duty Calls?

3 minutes ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

What about Duty Calls?

Uh, what about it? I've played through Duty Calls. It was a fun little joke and a clever way to advertise for Bulletstorm. If you're suggesting that id Software do something similar to advertise for Doom Eternal, then I can easily tell you that's a very bad idea that would no doubt backfire. 

2 minutes ago, Ajora said:

Uh, what about it? I've played through Duty Calls. It was a fun little joke and a clever way to advertise for Bulletstorm. If you're suggesting that id Software do something similar to advertise for Doom Eternal, then I can easily tell you that's a very bad idea that would no doubt backfire. 

Not advertise, but rather make fun of CoD.

23 minutes ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

Not advertise, but rather make fun of CoD.

A series that isn't very relevant anymore? Better off doing something else.

Who wants to make of fun of some game series that is piggybacking on its best game from 2007 in a desperate attempt to stay relevant? Seeing a community meme (that isn't crap) being acknowledged is much better and arguably more positive for everyone.

Not to mention that taking a jab at Call of Duty's mere existence would be kind of nasty on the devs part. There's nothing iconic enough in COD for them to have any innocent ribbing like what happened in the 90's between iD and 3D Realms, so... yeah, not a lot to go on besides "Haha, look at that other game series.".  iD today seems to be the furthest thing from outright nasty and disrespectful of other peoples work, so yeah... doubt they'd go there. 

all i can say looking at this picture is

"hey look it's a bony revenant"

Have there been any clear pics of the Doom Eternal revenant? I liked the 2016 one but at the same time I really did kinda miss the bony guys we came to know and love from Doom 2 and 3.

Ever since Doom 2016, I felt the devs were more plugged into the community. This affirms my suspicion and I like it.

5 hours ago, Zemini said:

Do we really want Pajama wearing Barons...

Hmmm. Well. No, I guess not.