Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WhilelM

Id Software is looking for a sound designer

Why not? This could mean that either id needs someone else to work on all the sounds besides Trent for about 6 months (best release date tentative guess so far), or that Trent is just too damn busy and can't stay in the project no more.

2 sound designers is not THAT strange, Raven used to have 3 guys some time ago. You have to consider, just like the new rendering pipeline demands more effort put into art assets, an extremely powerful sound engine demands... no, deserves, unparallel audio richness.

Strange...I guess they ran into some unexpected problems, if you see what they need that guy for ....work on weapon sounds, impact
sounds, monster sounds, world ambience, machinery, etc .... Then I conclude that they even don't have their basic stuff finished. Especially because this new guy can, and I quote:"Ability to synthesize sfx from scratch using either hardware or software". So they don't need this guy to use the sounds to set up a realistic 3d sound environment. but create sounds.... hmmmmm.

Gonna wait now for the nv40, and I was that close to buying a 9700, damn.

Let's hope they find someone fast and that this someone can really live up to the quality of the stuff that Trent Reznor has contributed with so far.

dsm said:

Let's hope they find someone fast and that this someone can really live up to the quality of the stuff that Trent Reznor has contributed with so far.

Please don't say that, I really don't want the genuis to go. I'm sure that Trent is too busy to work on his Halos and the game at the same time, which might be the reason why ID are looking for a sound designer. At any rate, I am deeply saddened and disappointed at this development.

I think this new guy may be an additional sound guy who will work with Trent. However, I remember a statement from E3, where trent did the sounds for the Demo, but was still finalizing the agreement for trent to do the whole games music. Maybe that fell through and trent won't do the music, or he will stay on as a kind of advisor for sound and the new guy takes over sound production. We shall see I guess.

I think rezner is only doing the music and They nead a person just for soud efficts. Rezner is working on a huge side porgect called tapeworm. Maby he dose not have the time to do the sound efficts.

I wonder if this may have anything to do with the rumour of Daniel Myer taking over as producer of the musical score.

Doom_Child said:

I thnk rezner is only doing the music and they nead a person just for soud efficts. Rezner is working or a huge sideporgect called tapeworm so maby he dose not have the time to do the sounds

You mean like you don't have time to proof-read before posting?

I don't see why everyone thinks that id looking for a sound designer precludes Reznor working on the game. Did you really expect Reznor to be working at id's studios for months or years on end? He's not a foley artist, he's a musician. I'm sure he'll still be writing music for the game, but he can't be arsed to make every single bloop or clank for it.

Linguica said:

I don't see why everyone thinks that id looking for a sound designer precludes Reznor working on the game. Did you really expect Reznor to be working at id's studios for months or years on end? He's not a foley artist, he's a musician. I'm sure he'll still be writing music for the game, but he can't be arsed to make every single bloop or clank for it.

True, but if you check credible NIN sites then you can guage the amount of effort Trent has put in this title. In fact, the moment the community found out about the ID looking for a sound designer, they themselves were shocked because they knew the shitloads of hard work and effort he put behind the game. It really shows in the alpha as well. I also thought it would be gratifying to note that the recent developments have nothing to do with Trent not working for ID. He is still there.