Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Working on this, I plan to finish it but I'm not sure when. Currently detailing and giving the rooms height. Right now there really aren't many height differences between rooms and sectors. In the spawn room, I plan to add stairs that ascend to the north and descend to the south leading to the room before the big waste pit in the southeast of this screenshot.

I just finished texturing lots of the map as seen in fullbright screenies below

image.png.d21985b1e5b7f6a37319336e04584d0e.png

image.png.12469a221bab07f651deba8f1a7ec831.png

image.png.a675e344985349135f976a6785fc5f04.png

Guest Unregistered account

It's for Vanilla

BuigMUM.png

5d0A55U.png

kwEQ75f.png

Made it just today!

Edited by Unregistered account

unknown.png

More quick sketchy doodle action from tonight, just trying to calm my mind down, maybe I should take all these unfinished layouts from the past year and a half and actually turn them into maps!

I'm on vacation, and I saw that Delta Touch got a recent update; Where it supports Zandronum 3.0 now, so I decided it pick it up.

And for what it is, Doom with touch-screen controls isn't as bad as I imagined it to be, but aside from that, I was playing some random wads off of Wad Archive and found this gem.

Capture+_2019-06-14-14-40-50.png

Made a good bit of progress and ironed out a lot of bugs. I cleaned up the outside part, extended the acid pit platforming section and removed some enemies from it. I also added stairs on either side of the spawn. I'm planning on working in a secret path through the level along with the main path, and a completely optional section.

My greatest hurdle so far was getting doors to work. I didn't know that linedefs had a direction until reading this wiki page about doors

image.png.eae00cb593e3d33a9e3304710c159153.png
image.png.84a394d190d5baf01b6398101292d686.png

image.png.4f251c0f1915255f708b142b472c8e9f.png

image.png.ed6d6c819ee397a967b546e998d11512.png

On 6/13/2019 at 6:13 PM, Bauul said:

Slow progress at the moment thanks to real life, but chipping away at an Egyptian themed map for Elementalism.

This looks amazing, and are those palm trees 3D?

The third secret level of this same project aside, this is probably the most difficult segment of map I've made. Map's premise is a new layout for (and semi-Go 2 It revamp of) Phobos Anomaly from KDitD (this entire segment basically branches off of the right ammo room down the corridor, aside from the secret area at the bottom middle-to-right, which branches off from the automap lift at the start and just has a view into this area)

I felt like I wanted to make a 'large' layout for once. For the most part, my levels are rather condensed, with a few token open areas. But this is the first time I've experimented with a large, non-linear open area akin to Industrial Zone and similar maps.

Also a little bit of platforming because why the hell not.

238f5faa5c8c788ea5b6241fde5008fd.png

On 6/17/2019 at 8:10 AM, Teder said:

most epic dude, it looks great!

On 6/17/2019 at 7:55 PM, Jimmy said:
On 6/16/2019 at 9:20 PM, Crunchynut44 said:

Already making levels from the influence of Sigil, what a fantastic mapset that is!

You're not the only one!

Is there a Sigil survivors support group for the rest of us?

Now for some of my doom pictures, still building "gamma station"

gamma_stations_wip_20190618 (1).png

gamma_stations_wip_20190618 (2).png

gamma_stations_wip_20190618 (3).png

More screenshots of two maps I completed on UV without saves for my personal reviews.

I) "Lich" by Death-Destiny (Map 11 from Dark Resolution 2008)

A very hard map located in a hell castle with low ammo and strictly no armor.

Lich3.png

lich1.png

lich2.png

II) "Night Town" by Paul977

A moderately difficult exploration map with many little traps involving mainly mid-tier monsters. Beautiful map while staying classic with a massive use of stock textures from Doom2 and Plutonia.

Ntown2.png

Ntown1.png

i'm hot garbage at making guns, so im in the process of making this dual laser gun... Can't improve otherwise.

i scanned my hand for reference. Now i know how they felt back in 93!

0SampleGUn.gif

Completed full layout of the map segment I showed on the last page. In an attempt to make it more alinear, I focused much of the rest of the map around the additional area I added, and the two new large areas are simply the boss battle arena and the segment afterwards with its totally-not-a-death-exit (it is based off of E1M8 after all)
Two notes:

• I changed out the simple lift at the end of E1M8 into a teleporter so I had more room to work with.
  • The nukage in the boss arena doesn't do damage unlike in the rest of the map (where it is either 5%, 10% or instant kill depending on the area), but this is a design choice to allow for more maneuverability. And maneuverability is important because homing rockets.

e789bc474127f4fefed9fc5e9f5c88e2.png

And screenshots through the level's progression because why not (be warned, there's a lot):

Spoiler

Part of the new start area, before the lift into the barrel room:xKraMsW.png

The staircase after the barrel room:

X2iyd0T.png

The right ammo room (I IDDQD/IDKFA'd at this point to make sure I could take screenshots in peace):

AEtPSzj.png

After the switch is pressed:

rpZ8DWR.png

As soon as you leave the cavern:

RpwAuKK.png

After going around the left of the building:

ccBkMEG.png

After passing through the tunnel to the left of the last picture:

hNAyTim.png

Inside the building immediately in front of the last picture (and say hi to the Megatrooper in the window there, he's a new enemy I made):

EjcZdGQ.png

Inside one of the sections of the center building:

ir0Iat4.png

...which going in to unleashes this guy.

QWj2wSx.png

Inside another segment of the centre building at the yellow key card:

4buy8fR.png

The left ammo room:

k6xgF2y.png

...and after opening the switch (and say hi again to the Demon-Whisperer, another custom enemy of mine):

iTQRdPE.png

Passing through the teleporter leads you up here in the right building:

8wf4P2K.png

which can lead you up here:

dvnUHvv.png

In the blue keycard door in the centre building:

ssPIfXK.png

Ambush!:

PoROUj9.png

Okay, we found the light:

CjHKhbr.png

Falling down here is particularly ill-advised (the instant death pit I mentioned):

VrLVtuk.png

Oh, look where we are! And who turned up!:

wQpHxCQ.png

And what's that that's down there now?:

Qv1ZQ91.png

Are you ready now?:

e2a8cdH.png

You'd better be:

QstZiCg.png

Or else... (textures on these guys are temporary, and I wasn't lying about the homing rockets):

ZUEOOA2.png

Now what's that over there?:

cwZlbdH.png

Oh right. Yeah.

CX8QRAB.png