Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doctor Nick

The person narrating the trailer is the person who narrated the opening of Doom 2016 EDIT: Confirmed, bitches

Compare the opening to Doom 2016:

To the voice from the trailer:

The voice is NOT Samuel Hayden. The voice isn't even close.

I assume it's the Seraphim, as described in the Doom Slayer logs.

Edit: confirmed by Marty and Hugo here:

Edited by Doctor Nick

Lets look at the context.

Who would be talking in third person about Heaven's Wraith being brought down?

It doesnt make sense for anyone other than Hayden to say any of what we hear in the trailer.

Slayer destroyed the Argent production on Mars that was meant for Earth, he was already warned once by Hayden of the repercussions of doing such things. Now slayer is bringing everything down. He is likely going so far and beyond the 2016 game that it is going to get heavens attention. 

You have to look at the previous game and derive the context from there. Hayden had Slayer painted on the parchment fighting the daemons in Argent Dnur, and knew all about the sentinels. He knew far more than the game told us about, including scripture depicting the future. He also knew about the Crucible...we can go on about this. 

The questions I have is:

1. If it is Hayden, why does he care if Heavens wraith is brought upon earth? If Hell already invaded and things went to shit, who cares at the point? Doom guy is the only person who can stop it, or at least do some serious damage

2. If Hayden did know what I described, why did he continue with the extraction of Argent energy that was exposing Earth to such threats? Did he become corrupted? 

It seems there will be a ton more lore in Eternal, and we should get most of our answers there. 

I'm increasingly convinced that the specific lines of dialogue are being drawn from completely separate conversations, much like what happened in the Doom 2016 release trailer. (Hayden's line of "Heheh, you've returned. The only creature of flesh and blood to walk between dimensions. Between our world, and theirs." is drawn from multiple dialogue lines, separated by entire chapters, resulting in just about every word being completely out of context). 

I honestly do wonder if the "seraphim" in the Eternal trailer (let's assume it's a Sereph and not Hayden, though it could be anything) isn't speaking to Hayden when he warns of further interference. Or for that matter if it's Hayden he's telling off at the end ("not your people to save anymore"). 

Another possibility: it might be The Wretch who shall not be Named. Which is to say; demon smith who made the Praetor suit, urging Doom Slayer to stop before he invites Heaven's attention to the war, being shit-scared of the heavenly host as he might be. 

I disagree @Doctor Nick. I'd rather say the voice narrating Doom 2016's launch trailer is the same as the one narrating Doom Eternals story trailer. Both voices are Samuel Hayden and I agree with @Taurus Daggerknight that the the voice of the Eternals story trailer is probably composed of different scenes.

The trailer raises some intereseting questions:

• What does Samuel refer to when saying "it is their time give balance"?
    • Does he want hell on Earth? And why? Is he looking for another Argent Energy source?
    • Who is giving balance? Heaven or hell?
  • Why does Samuel Hayden warn the Slayers actions might lead to heavens wrath?
    • What is heavens wrath?
    • Is it hell on Earth or something worse?
    • Maybe he does not want to stop the Slayer at all and will give him more powerful weapons after warning the Slayer about heavens wrath.
  • Most people seem to agree Slayer wants to stop hell on Earth which will cause heavens wrath. But even if "it is written", why would heaven want to lose another world to hell? Heaven could simply destroy Earth without giving it to hell.
  • Theory A: Since Hugo Martin seems to enjoy Prometheus (and Prometheus visual influence on Doom Eternal is quite obvious): Maybe heaven are the "Maykrs" who also created demons to destroy failed projects. Then it wouldn't be a heaven vs. hell scenario.
  • Theory B: Samuel Hayden wants heaven to intervene to get access to more powerful ressources. By causing an ultimate solar catastrophe which basically (by the actions of the Slayer) corrupts everything, he basically calls for heavens army to fix the mess.

Doom 2016 launch trailer: 

Doom Eternals story trailer:

I do not understand how people think this is the voice of Hayden or how he has some grand scheme in the story.  Right now he is just a cyborg that got wrecked (by the demons or angels) due to his ignorance and hubris.

The voice we hear is either the Sentinel king, or priest or Seraphim.  Time will tell.

Edited by Zemini

3 hours ago, igg said:

What does Samuel refer to when saying "it is their time give balance"?

Aside from it not being Hayden who says it, the actual quote is:

It is their time to give penance.

Assuming “they” are the forces of heaven, this leads into the whole rapture thing.

23 hours ago, Taurus Daggerknight said:

I'm increasingly convinced that the specific lines of dialogue are being drawn from completely separate conversations, much like what happened in the Doom 2016 release trailer. (Hayden's line of "Heheh, you've returned. The only creature of flesh and blood to walk between dimensions. Between our world, and theirs." is drawn from multiple dialogue lines, separated by entire chapters, resulting in just about every word being completely out of context). 

I honestly do wonder if the "seraphim" in the Eternal trailer (let's assume it's a Sereph and not Hayden, though it could be anything) isn't speaking to Hayden when he warns of further interference. Or for that matter if it's Hayden he's telling off at the end ("not your people to save anymore"). 

Another possibility: it might be The Wretch who shall not be Named. Which is to say; demon smith who made the Praetor suit, urging Doom Slayer to stop before he invites Heaven's attention to the war, being shit-scared of the heavenly host as he might be. 

Remember when we see Olivia for the very first time in 2016...after she activates the screen/portals she looks at the Slayer and goes "u could not have saved them enyway".I think the trailer is refering to something that Samuel and Olivia knew for long time may be thru helix stone or prophecies.Might be the Night sentinels that Slayer need it to save or...

Edited by blackgoblinmagic

14 hours ago, igg said:

I disagree @Doctor Nick. I'd rather say the voice narrating Doom 2016's launch trailer is the same as the one narrating Doom Eternals story trailer. Both voices are Samuel Hayden and I agree with @Taurus Daggerknight that the the voice of the Eternals story trailer is probably composed of different scenes.

The trailer raises some intereseting questions:

• What does Samuel refer to when saying "it is their time give balance"?
    • Does he want hell on Earth? And why? Is he looking for another Argent Energy source?
    • Who is giving balance? Heaven or hell?
  • Why does Samuel Hayden warn the Slayers actions might lead to heavens wrath?
    • What is heavens wrath?
    • Is it hell on Earth or something worse?
    • Maybe he does not want to stop the Slayer at all and will give him more powerful weapons after warning the Slayer about heavens wrath.
  • Most people seem to agree Slayer wants to stop hell on Earth which will cause heavens wrath. But even if "it is written", why would heaven want to lose another world to hell? Heaven could simply destroy Earth without giving it to hell.
  • Theory A: Since Hugo Martin seems to enjoy Prometheus (and Prometheus visual influence on Doom Eternal is quite obvious): Maybe heaven are the "Maykrs" who also created demons to destroy failed projects. Then it wouldn't be a heaven vs. hell scenario.
  • Theory B: Samuel Hayden wants heaven to intervene to get access to more powerful ressources. By causing an ultimate solar catastrophe which basically (by the actions of the Slayer) corrupts everything, he basically calls for heavens army to fix the mess.

Doom 2016 launch trailer: 

Doom Eternals story trailer:

@igg

I belive he says "penance"

4 hours ago, blackgoblinmagic said:

I belive he says "penance"

Thanks :-) English is not my native language and I didn't know the term penance, for me it sounded like balance.

I think the "why are you here" line is the wretch saying to the slayer when he visits him for an armor upgrade.

"It is their time to give penance" means that it's their time to atone for their sins, referring in this part specifically to mankind who has sinned by worshiping demons and meddling with argent energy. To me, from what little I could infer from the material released so far, it seems that heaven will initially sit by and let Earth be destroyed since they consider it a fitting punishment, however Doomguy doesn't agree with this.

Edited by TheRedTide