Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomedSpartan

How to add custom maps on Brutal Doom 64???

So I want to play Brutal Doom 64 with custom wads like The Absolution,Outcast and Redemption denied levels How can I add these maps on the MAPInfo of brutal doom 64

I assume you are referring to the ones I ported to Retribution. Unless someone has ported them to BD64's style already, it will need to be done manually map by map.

BD64 surely has different actors and DoomEd numbers and SpawnIDs so things and scripts will need to be edited to use those versions. Other scripts may need to be tweaked also to accomodate BD64's methods.

Honestly, if I were you I would download a mod called Consolation Prize for Retribution and then use BD64 (gameplay mod pk3 only) with that. Should give you the desired effect and a hell of a lot less work.

Just now, DoomedSpartan said:

So what those consolation prize do exactly? do I just download that put it in BD64 download the maps and load it all with BD64???

In the folder of BD64's download, go into the "skins" folder, and move the "bd64maps" file out of there (Don't delete it, just put it somewhere else) and put the Consolation Prize's Doom 64 Retribution file into the skins folder.

On 6/18/2019 at 5:52 PM, DoomedSpartan said:

Ok but I want to also play the Brutal Doom 64 map intro

This map looks bad ass

image.png.f9d9489570d8da77a639ffc1bef137f4.png

You don't, you have to choose one: Or the D64 Retribution maps, or the intro map.

2 hours ago, Brian Reilly jr. said:

Hello, I am new to Doom World. Also I got a question, what is Doom 64 Retribution's Consolation Prize File?

Simply put, it's Doom 64: Retribution without all the fancy stuff added, leaving only the maps for you to play mods with.

19 hours ago, Sgt Nate V said:

Simply put, it's Doom 64: Retribution without all the fancy stuff added, leaving only the maps for you to play mods with.

Good to know.

Edited by Brian Reilly jr.