Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rince-wind

Same monsters, different blood

Cacos have blue blood and Hell nobles green.

What colours would you give the other monsters that isn't red?

I'm asking this cause I'm making a wad that changes blood color, but I'm indecisive on what to pick for who.

2 minutes ago, Sgt Nate V said:

Pain Elementals should bleed Black

Is there a reason? (not saying there should be, just curious)

The only thing that comes to mind is having pinkies bleed yellow, just because their FreeDoom counterparts used to.

I think the lost souls should bleed white, since they're basically just skulls. It'd be fun to imagine the skulls as being actual biological things with blood, rather than just bones. I'd also imagine the imp could bleed yellow, because I'd imagine it complements the imps color scheme pretty well.

Other than that, I like to imagine that, like the baron of hell, the cyberdemon bleeds green. I link those two together for some reason.

For the lost soul maybe a pinkish grey to look like brain matter. That last palette entry might work?

Edit: Wanted to see it for myself and came up with this translation- "179:181=255:255", "182:182=65:65", "177:178=22:22", "183:191=34:47"

skullblud.jpg.a5afe104ff774efa3ee50c7284bfba85.jpg

Edited by Space Marinara

Imps with green blood, I guess... they already look like some sort of alien

When I used Nash's Gore mod I used to give lost souls grey as if it was hot ash, I also used to give PE's yellow/orange like the inside of their mouth since the cacodemons have blue blood and blue mouths.

9 hours ago, GamingMarine said:

I think the Arachnotron should bleed blue, because... well, their eyes are blue.

Cacos already bleed blue, maybe Arachs can bleed cyan, it's kinda blue.

9 hours ago, Space Marinara said:

For the lost soul maybe a pinkish grey to look like brain matter. That last palette entry might work?

That's actually pretty creative!

(minor nitpick, isn't brain matter grey and white?)

Blood could stay red as is, what I would like to see is, that the fireballs thrown by barons of hell and hellknights would be different, like in Doom64.

(minor nitpick, isn't brain matter grey and white?)

Wouldn't know, never tried it ;)

Spoiler

Maybe an alternative:

skullblud2.jpg.9df9a94d7a2713a39b07fe48701b2dd7.jpg

"177:191=94:110", "180:183=130:133", "188:191=33:41", "184:187=255:255"

18 hours ago, Sgt Nate V said:

Pain Elementals should bleed Black

I dunno, they already bleed hatred when they die.

I used to have an addon that I made by myself that enhances the core gameplay of Doom and one of the first changes I made was custom monster blood colors. If I remember correctly, it was as followed:

Revenants and Lost Souls = Bullet puff sprite.

Pain Elementals = Dark orange.

Spectres = Fuzzy blood sprite.

Cacodemons = Blue.

Hell Knights and Barons = Green.

Pretty sure that's it. I get that the Pain Elemental choice is rather odd but I still think it looks cool and sort of fitting to the general style of it.

Lost Souls shouldn't bleed at all.

Barons and Knights, obviously green.

Cacos of course blue.

43 minutes ago, Uni said:

I get that the Pain Elemental choice is rather odd but I still think it looks cool and sort of fitting to the general style of it.

12 hours ago, Avoozl said:

I also used to give PE's yellow/orange like the inside of their mouth since the cacodemons have blue blood and blue mouths.

I think Avoozl explained it best for the PE.

Just now, Rince-wind said:

@Armaetus Can you tell me how you don't like Brutal Doom?

Changes too much in terms of gameplay (flow, weapons, monsters, etc), essentially. That's my short descriptor.

I'll say that just to not stray the thread off-topic.

3 hours ago, Rince-wind said:

I think Avoozl explained it best for the PE.

That's not why I chose it but whatever.

Having Arachnotron and the Spider Boss bleed purple would be cool. And the Archvile could maybe bleed literal lava would be impressive imo.

I kind of partial to when the robots in Mortal Kombat bled black. Something sinister about oil running through a body.

On 6/18/2019 at 3:18 PM, Space Marinara said:

Edit: Wanted to see it for myself and came up with this translation- "179:181=255:255", "182:182=65:65", "177:178=22:22", "183:191=34:47"

skullblud.jpg.a5afe104ff774efa3ee50c7284bfba85.jpg

Noice!

I'd have the Rev/Lost Souls not bleed. Also, I noticed that despite the unusual blood colors of the Barons and Cacos, when shot, they still spray red blood. This is most noticeable with the Chainsaw.

3 hours ago, ChicagoTrash said:

Also, I noticed that despite the unusual blood colors of the Barons and Cacos, when shot, they still spray red blood. This is most noticeable with the Chainsaw.

I think id software couldn't make them spray colored blood because of engine limitations. Also if you change the blood color of Spectres in Decorate to fuzzy, the blood that gets sprayed on the walls will still be red.

Imagining a spectre now but all you can see is the blood flowing around it's veins and arteries... hmmm