Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Crythix

Issues with importing monsters/textures using Slade (DOOM BUILDER 2)

Hey everybody, 

so I've recently gotten into DOOM modding and have started to make my own wad pack using DOOM BUILDER 2. I used textures downloaded off Realm667 for the first map, and imported them via Slade.

For whatever reason, even though I followed the same steps I did the first time, I can't get textures to show up by putting them into my wad via Slade.

Oddly, the textures load via wad selection on DB2, yet, that method didn't work the first time around (hence why I used Slade) but at least they'll load. I'd just like to know why.

Also, I can't get half the creatures I download to spawn for the life of me. They don't pop up in decorate, they don't spawn using their item #, and when I try and spawn it by using it's item # I'm met with this 

"Script error, "Satyr.wad:ZSCRIPT"line 1:
Unexpected identifier
Expecting end of file or 'include' or 'extend' or 'class' or 'struct' or 'const' or 'enum'"

Really, I'm just having a rough time spawning things, and could use some help!

I feel like I should mention I'm using DOOM 2 assets and building for ZDOOM, but building for DOOM 2 doesn't seem to fix anything. 

On 6/18/2019 at 8:51 AM, Crythix said:

"Script error, "Satyr.wad:ZSCRIPT"line 1:

Unexpected identifier
Expecting end of file or 'include' or 'extend' or 'class' or 'struct' or 'const' or 'enum'"

post your zscript code

what port are you using to run the game? is it one of the latest versions of gzdoom?

Maybe Doom Builder 2, which is not maintained any more, doesn't know how to handle ZScript.

What version of GZDoom are you trying to load the satyr wad into? The current iteration works fine in the latest version, with no error messages. Did you edit the satyr wad in any way?

And yeah, if you want these newfangled monsters to show up in Doom Builder 2 at all, you'll need to get GZDB-Bugfix instead, which is maintained and has facilities for loading zscript enemies. Also keep in mind that the ZScripted Realm 667 monsters DO NOT have editor numbers by default, and since they're zscript, you'll have to use MAPINFO to give them numbers