Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

Playing through Blood: Fresh Supply presently (I'm getting kind of burned out in Episode 4, but want to at least stick through to the end.) In a FPS mood of late so I'm considering doing Hexen next. I played it once at release, and never again. What's the most fun class? I seem to recall I played Wizard originally, and it worked but was a lot of using the wand to cheese enemies from afar.

Been playing Sniper Elite 4 again lately, in anticipation of the 5th installment.   The game doesn't get old for me.

Wolfenstein 3D with ECWolf. I am surprised I am not minding the maze-like level design too much, though the automap in ECWolf is probably one of the reasons. It also helps to know how many enemies and secrets there are in a floor, especially Episode 2, Floor 7 for having a short 30 second level from a glance.

wVnnO0p.png

Several actually.
Ark Survival Evolved with a friend of mine, not much though lately due to connection issues.
Skyrim SE, I keep adding mods to it and starting a new character, so I still haven't done more that kill that one dragon.
Quake Champions, when my connection is remotely stable, I've been starting this up almost immediately, I didn't know if I would like it but since it was free I said screw it, I'll say it turned out better than I though and I'm truly enjoying it.

A slew. Dark Forces 2. Diablo. Flatout. Jazz Jackrabbit. Outlaws. Quake 4. Soldier of Fortune. The Suffering. Turok 2. Unreal Tournament. All via GOG.

I was playing Soldier of Fortune 2, I just got up to the airport level.

I'm about 80% through Ancient Aliens on UV. I played through the first two episodes vanilla, but I'm using the Blastmaster MK2 weapon set for the third episode. I know this Megawad is often regarded as being brutally difficult, but I've found it perfectly comfortable for the most part. Illuminati Revealed was pretty rough though. This is probably the best Megawad I've ever played.

Also, Samurai Shodown 5 Special. ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ̀ˋ

Edited by Ajora

Blood on the BuildGDX port. Never could get very far before because I never liked the control. This seems better and am really enjoying this.

Well I bought Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Jim Sterling's gushing review of it piqued my curiousity, since he's usually so pissy about everything. Kind of why I like watching his videos, but I've found I generally agree with him on games. He said it was basically a new Castlevania: Symphony of the Night in everything but name only. And so far it is.

I'm a little over two hours in, and it's really enjoyable. I'm not enjoying it quite as much as SOTN, but it's probably the closest thing we're going to get to a new sidescrolling Castlevania game. And since it was the brainchild of Koji Igarashi, who was the producer of Castlevania from 2001 to 2010, it should be. I give it high praise... aside from being held in a conversation after you leave the store or the alchemist workshop... the people in this game need to stop talking and let me get back to killing demons. The game looks great, animation is great, and it's just a hell of a lot of fun. 

My only real gripe is that I'm using a wireless xbox 360 controller, and I still hate the looseness of the joystick and d-pad on that thing. I've never used the Xbone controller; can anyone here who has say if the joystick and the dpad are any better than the 360's? I'm looking at getting a new gamepad for the PC, and I'm weighing the options. I really liked the PS2's sticks and dpad, but never used the ps3 or ps4. And most games seemed geared towards compatibility with the xbox's controller as far as ingame icons and out of the box functionality. I'm just wondering if anyone has some suggestions for a PC gamepad. And I really don't feel like dicking around with joy2key and remapping stuff.

Playing Starbound with an absurd amount of mods on it. It's pretty fun, as long as I don't think about how many mods I had to use to make the game enjoyable. I'm also doing Turok 1 on the side, whenever I get bored of plinking away at dirt.

Finished Earthbound Beginnings a few weeks ago.  I assumed correctly that it would make me appreciate the SNES Earthbound more after finishing it.  It was an interesting origin to the series but there were a lot of problems that the sequel worked out.  The encounter rate alone could have been a deal breaker at times, but regardless I'm glad I pushed through it and got to see the end.

I had started Bloodstained on the day of release, but unfortunately I was one of many players affected by an issue with one of the patches that resulted in broken progress.  Some one-time items had returned while others that I apparently hadn't found yet and needed to continue were gone.  The only way to fix the issue is to restart the game.  I don't mind too much since the little bit of the game that I did play was awesome, but I'll probably wait a bit until the patching stops.

Yakuza Judgment comes out this week so I'll probably join my coworkers in playing that, then I'll get back to Bloodstained afterwards.

I was actually playing Rendering Ranger earlier. It's so gutting Japan had it in limited form, shame, because it plays so well and it combines a bit of Contra with Thunder Force and it surprisingly works.

The "Commander Lilith" DLC for Borderlands 2.  It's alright, though the enemies are very bullet-spongey.

Got my Razer Panthera EVO in the mail yesterday. Stayed up until 4 in the morning playing Street Fighter 2: Champion Edition on Fightcade. I'm pretty good for someone that isn't from South America. Most of the Brazillian players will just wreck my shit. Bison's highly overpowered in this iteration, and he shows up constantly. Massive chip damage on the Psycho Crusher, infinite combo potential, and the Scissors Kick has lightning-fast recovery. 

Edited by Ajora

Carmageddon on android does wonders when you're waiting out in public. Am pretty new to this version still, which isn't really a port so much as a recreation. Doing it on hard and, despite buffed opponent damage output I'm finding it pretty easy with the credits. Otherwise obsessed with Diablo, playing Hellfire with my warrior, rogue and sorcerer transferred from the original game.

Played some Doom64 today. Hadn't played it for 2 years. Felt kinda fresh, but still remembered where everything is. Though kinda forgot about the level Alpha Quadrant existing, yet it is one of my favourites in the tech base episode. Going to be playing couple levels every day probably.

Decided to update on what I've been playing lately of a rather cool PS2 game that got ported to steam called "Ty The Tasmanian Tiger". Basically you go around collecting itesm like thunder eggs, golden cogs and opals (which is like the coins in mario games, rings in sonic or pons in A Hat In Time). The cool thing is, it's surprisingly well done, albeit Ty is quite slippery. I recommend it if you like 3D platformers with worlds that you can explore around!

Giving another go with urban planning in Cities Skylines and so far I've hit 20k population and no major sickness has erupted from my landfills and industrial areas to kill them all.
Mostly Halo MCC for Halo 2 classic multiplayer, and I'm trash, but it's fun anyways and good to be playing that again and good to see it thriving.

3 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Decided to update on what I've been playing lately of a rather cool PS2 game that got ported to steam

It was actually a multi-console game. ;)

I just finished playing Road Rash 64 via Project64 (badass game btw). Currently i'm also still playing Doom 2016 and i'm almost done with Postal 2 (Monday-Friday portion).

I also started playing Pokemon for the first time in over a decade. I started playing a Pokemon Green version hack. Technically it's Pokemon Blue version with a patch to make it into Pokemon Green as the very old Pokemon Green english translation is really outdated and poorly done.

I'm playing it via an emulator (BGB) as that's the only way to play it (to my knowledge). I originally started playing Pokemon Red version but i accidently saved over my save state while loading up the game (so at the main menu i accidently saved it). Luckily i wasn't too far into the game. Now i make sure that i make multiple save states.

Still playing Deus Ex Human Revolution, I like it so far, just wish it had fast travel option, so much going back and forth and revisiting areas.

Considering how short that game was I don't think it needed a fast travel option. Despite my first impression of that game 4 years ago where I didn't like how short it was I still fell in love with it after my first playthrough, I played it multiple times in a row non-stop, I also like the gold filter of the original version as it adds a unique style to the game.

It feels like it drags on for too long because of the Backtracking, also having started a second play through I have better understanding on how the game actually works, I went with stealthy approach first time thinking I'd be punished severely if I didn't. It feels much better to play without having to hide all the time.

I've finally begun playing modded Minecraft again. (I can't play vanilla Minecraft. It's too easy and peaceful.) I thought I couldn't run mod(pack)s because everything was running at 10fps and worldgen took ages, so I just never played the game for years.

Turns out I forgot to increase the RAM usage in the options of the launcher. I feel so fucking dumb. Even when lots of chunks are loading in, I get decent fps.

On 5/12/2019 at 4:16 AM, seed said:

Let me guess, stuck on On A Rail?

Nah XD it was after

Spoiler

The soldiers jump you and throw you in the trash compactor. I got out but couldn't figure out where to go when I got to all the conveyor belt things.