Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

@Big Ol Billy Awesome stuff! I'm glad you've found a use for it- and yeah feel free to edit too! That's what my stuff is all about, being free to use and toy with~

I would never align those walls around corners myself. I would use a different border texture where one doesn't fit on a single linedef.

34 minutes ago, Vermil said:

I would never align those walls around corners myself. I would use a different border texture where one doesn't fit on a single linedef.

the only time i do is when i have 84 pixel linedefs which is the amount that divides those textures into 3. I think it works quite well if you do it properly.

2 hours ago, Vermil said:

1 hour ago, Rhebiz said:

the only time i do is when i have 84 pixel linedefs which is the amount that divides those textures into 3. I think it works quite well if you do it properly.

I do agree, it does look kinda weird. The only reason I did this is because this map is based on Hell Beneath, and the starting area with similar SKIN textures is aligned like this. I have changed it to see which looks better. Honestly, I prefer the first one since it doesn't screw up the starting area layout.

DOOMSCREENSHOT11.PNG

DOOMSCREENSHOT12.PNG

58 minutes ago, Scorpius said:

I do agree, it does look kinda weird. The only reason I did this is because this map is based on Hell Beneath

While it does look a lil weird, I immediately caught that you're making a level based on Hell Beneath. Definitely tell me when you post that, Hell Beneath is one of my favorite levels!

It does look better, quite a bit better. I hate Hell Beneath except for the design so that gets a thumbs up from me.

That looks very wesome already, Scorpius! Keep it up, I'll be looking forward to more screenshots.

will be interesting to see. after all, Hell Beneath is the only map from E4 i managed to complete. ;-)

I've taken a small break from Doom, the community, and mapping. However, today was a casual day of creating shit, including DOOM maps! Pics in the spoiler

I added an exit and began the creation of the red key-card area. As well began creating where the room where the blue keycard will be.
I plan to have three routes through the level, but one route will show part of map three in it. I plan for the player to return to map 1 after map 2, but you start in front of the exit of map 1, and the route through the level will reveal new areas previously impassible in map 1.

I learned an editing trick from Romero's Tech Gone Bad, where he used two barrels to denote secrets. Since this mapset is very focused on using the nukage floor textures & barrels, I feel like this is a classy way to denote secrets along with textures misalignment

20 minutes ago, dobu gabu maru said:

Lastly a "first few days of working on map" vs "last few days of working on map" from DB perspective:

You, my friend, are a God.

EDIT: Before anyone replies, I caught that there's a texture misalignment in the first screenie and it's since been corrected. The pain of making doom maps X_X

Spoiler

image.png.7c0d5ab29a801e49464850881bf0f06d.pngimage.png.ee4dc326076e49d663de6dcc52b163b2.pngimage.png.c7e2ecc83053cdc4b2f286bd9e647f1b.png

27 minutes ago, Tango said:

that looks awesome @Dutch Doomer :D really like the shapes of the rocks

Been practicing a lot with making rocks look natural, as far as you can accomplish such a thing in Doom without the use of slopes. All that outside space is an secret area, guess making a small room with a few goodies isn't good enough for me anymore. This style of mapping is really time consuming, frustrating when your wishing to make progress fast.

11 hours ago, The_SloVinator said:

Stuff

I like that eerie vibe your screenshots give

55 minutes ago, Teder said:

Stuff

wip

Very nice, are those 3D models? Does your map lag too much?

Don't know why, but I can't write any word on preavios post.

Back to question - this my 3rd generation of simple models. 10 years ago I abandoned it because of lag. On current pc I have no problem with it. This will be a little wave arena map, so there won't be any problem with performance I hope.