Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Flesh420

Cyberdemon is back!

1 hour ago, Taurus Daggerknight said:

It's the same story with the color. I remember Doom 2016's getting criticised on its first showing for being "too drab" and having "not enough color". Then when Doom Eternal is first revealed, people got mad and said it was "too cartoony".

In Doom 2016 they played things pretty safe because they needed to transition from Doom 3 to something new. In that game they experimented carefully with many less serious elements and Eternal will now go full on with that tone by bringing back many classic doom designs. Like the more arcadey gameplay design of Eternal, some people will not just like how Doom Eternal will look like. Doom 2016 looked more serious and "scifi-realistic" and some people will always like that more. But personally I think that it was pretty boring.

Updates to the designs have been great so far, makes me wish that they would do actual Doom1+2 remakes with the many same assets. Resident Evil 2 Remakes style modernized remake I mean, not just classic levels lazily ported to newest Doom's engine.

15 hours ago, Linguica said:

The new Cyberdemon looks a lot more like a "new" Cyberdemon, as in one fresh off the assembly line, and all covered with tubes and pale vat-grown flesh or whatever. Remember the Cyberdemon in Doom 2016 was, like, ancient, and was presumably originally a different kind of demon (the "Balgaar" I think?) to boot.

My theory is that Doom Eternal is going to turn the Cyberdemon into a recurring miniboss, like how the Barons were in Doom 2016, and as such, it has to introduce a rationale for how there are more of them (probably the UAC made 'em, or Heaven makes 'em, whatever, who cares really).

9 hours ago, Cutting Edgelord said:

Hey folks, I know this is technically a creative work, but since it is related to my critique of new throwback Cybie, I thought my doodles would be appropriate here

Excellent work, but could you draw one from behind pls?

9 hours ago, Cutting Edgelord said:

Hey folks, I know this is technically a creative work, but since it is related to my critique of new throwback Cybie, I thought my doodles would be appropriate here: [...]

I see where you're coming from and i like the art, but i think you went a little too far in adding gracile features to the cyber. he really has a sprinter's physique which i don't think is in keeping with the way a cyber moves and fights, which is generally as a huge lumbering piece of armoured artillery. i wouldn't feel quite satisfied pumping dozens of rockets into this thing when when he looks like he might snap at the shins after a few solid hits. I think for a cyber design to work it really has to have a densely packed and meaty frame, in a word...thicc.

2 hours ago, banjiepixel said:

In Doom 2016 they played things pretty safe because they needed to transition from Doom 3 to something new. In that game they experimented carefully with many less serious elements and Eternal will now go full on with that tone by bringing back many classic doom designs. Like the more arcadey gameplay design of Eternal, some people will not just like how Doom Eternal will look like. Doom 2016 looked more serious and "scifi-realistic" and some people will always like that more. But personally I think that it was pretty boring.

Updates to the designs have been great so far, makes me wish that they would do actual Doom1+2 remakes with the many same assets. Resident Evil 2 Remakes style modernized remake I mean, not just classic levels lazily ported to newest Doom's engine.

While I certainly appreciate that some people have specific tastes and preferences, the issue here is that an overwhelming majority kept screaming that they wanted over the top, silly and ludicrous action with a kaleidoscope of color, yet when Eternal does just that, the call goes to the opposite. (Note; I'm not just counting this forum, I'm talking about gamers in general, both personally known and on other sites). 

Personally, I do normally prefer an element of seriousness at the least (Love the aesthetic of Doom 64 and Doom 3), but there is definitely room for the more bombastic style of Eternal. I suspect I'll enjoy it a ton, especially if the story doesn't try to wink and nudge every five seconds. 

2 hours ago, Maes said:

Excellent work, but could you draw one from behind pls?

How do you feel about half-plate metal glutes? 

20 hours ago, Job said:

How do you feel about half-plate metal glutes? 

It can be done right

88b1043c67ac54f8315d924ab3405376.jpg

Edited by Maes : Higher res for your enjoyment, ya pervs.

1 hour ago, CyberDreams said:

I'm happy as long as it doesn't have antlers and look like a fucking moose.

Well, it's no longer a moose now, it's a cow.

"Gracile"! Now that is a fancy word, I'm writing that down. I like it.

Ok, so I gave Cybie one of those "power up orbs" from 'Altered Beast', now he is a thicc boi:

IMG_1542.JPG.d22758004af0145ab3ef86929abe85a2.JPG

I think he looks like he can handle dem rocket's now.

Also, we had a request for dat ass:

IMG_1541.JPG.650e857a28de649280a57f1500cbe2d2.JPG

Ladies and gentlemen, It's been swell talking cyberdemons and doodling, but I am being very irresponsible, and need to get back to work. I'll try not to be a total stranger though. Till next time!

3 hours ago, Man of Doom said:

Welp, it’s officially called the Tyrant

Not too bad if they mean an ass tyrant. (good old SexyLosers.com quote)

9 hours ago, Man of Doom said:

Welp, it’s officially called the Tyrant

The Tyrant? Well i suppose as it's legs aren't backwards it can't be a true Cyberdemon afterall ;)

Eh, speaking of legs, that's probably the only other thing I dislike about its current design, apart from the weird distance between the eyes.

The legs look too much like and elephant's, and completely flat as well.

2 hours ago, seed said:

Eh, speaking of legs, that's probably the only other thing I dislike about its current design, apart from the weird distance between the eyes.

The legs look too much like and elephant's, and completely flat as well.

I guess they wanted to retain something of the 2016's design? I don't know... I agree that the elephant leg looks weird, though it doesn't quite shatter the whole thing for me. I'm just glad that we're finally back to the iconic beastie, for the most part. 

I like it. It has some disturbing appearance, something the 2016 was missing.

On 6/22/2019 at 2:56 PM, Duke of Pathoris said:

Maybe it's less of a boss now.

That's what i'm thinking as it looks smaller somehow. Maybe it isn't as big of a boss anymore (mini boss?). It might be too early to judge though. Otherwise i don't mind the classic look as i've always liked the Cyberdemon or "angry cow" as everyone calls it ;)

I was happy with design of monsters in Doom '16, don't understand why they trying to recreate Carmack's design. New cyberdemon looks OK, just OK. That's all.

On 6/21/2019 at 12:26 AM, CyberDreams said:

The Tyrant? Well i suppose as it's legs aren't backwards it can't be a true Cyberdemon afterall ;)

With forward-facing knees, he bears more resemblance to the box art cyber than the one in the game:

392px-Doom_II_manual.jpg

Although this one doesn't have the mechanical leg.

The Tyrant also appears to have an argent accumulator embedded into him, like the 2016 iteration.

18 hours ago, Doom64hunter said:

With forward-facing knees, he bears more resemblance to the box art cyber than the one in the game:

392px-Doom_II_manual.jpg

The Tyrant also appears to have an argent accumulator embedded into him, like the 2016 iteration.

His legs and torso look very mechanical to me.  Sorta looks like flesh grew over the metal. 

21 hours ago, Doom64hunter said:

392px-Doom_II_manual.jpg

I think the leg is there, it's just hiding behind the rubble somewhat.

Yeah there's definitely something embedded into the Cyberdemons leg in the Doom II cover art.

Spoiler

doom-2-wallpaper_685615.jpg.e16cb7ec110850a1d409e54bf0f50ae1.jpg

I like how even in the cover art the buildings look nothing like a modern earthly city. Not a bad thing, looks more atmospheric that way and sets expectations to the appropriate level for The Factory.