Bites!

I need your opinion for this Pickup Message

i make a message for the QuadSphere what i am making for my mod

And this is the message 

"Shot And Fear. Until it is done"

So how sounds for you?

Doom's pickup messages for powerups go something like:

"Invulnerability!"

For when you get the invulnerability sphere, for example.

It gets across the message immediatly that you're invulnerable for a short moment.

Your pickup message doesn't get across that it's a quadsphere.

It just says some words, and doesn't explain what the heck the thing you just picked up did in a few words.

On top of that, uh... I don't even understand the sentences in the pickup message are meant to mean. "Shot and fear." confuses me a ridiculous amount as a sentence, on it's own. "Until it is done" Can sort of be implied as meaning that there's a time limit..? Maybe? I can also think of it as meaning that it lasts until a fight is over, which probably isn't what you meant.

I'd suggest something like "Quad Damage!" as the pickup message, although you could add some more text on top of that like in the BFG pickup message...

"You got the BFG9000! Oh yes."

...But that's if you want the pickup message to be extra special.

1 hour ago, Alper002 said:

Doom's pickup messages for powerups go something like:

"Invulnerability!"

For when you get the invulnerability sphere, for example.

It gets across the message immediatly that you're invulnerable for a short moment.

Your pickup message doesn't get across that it's a quadsphere.

It just says some words, and doesn't explain what the heck the thing you just picked up did in a few words.

On top of that, uh... I don't even understand the sentences in the pickup message are meant to mean. "Shot and fear." confuses me a ridiculous amount as a sentence, on it's own. "Until it is done" Can sort of be implied as meaning that there's a time limit..? Maybe? I can also think of it as meaning that it lasts until a fight is over, which probably isn't what you meant.

I'd suggest something like "Quad Damage!" as the pickup message, although you could add some more text on top of that like in the BFG pickup message...

"You got the BFG9000! Oh yes."

...But that's if you want the pickup message to be extra special.

Welp you're trying to tell me what my pickup message is like trash right (?

when you pick a berserk sphere and you heard "Rip And Tear, until its done " what comes to your head?

2 hours ago, Bites! said:

"Shot And Fear. Until it is done"

It doesn't make sense. Shot is in the past tense so it doesn't really work. I don't get the fear part either, are you supposed to be afraid? If the message was 'shoot and fear until it is done' I still don't understand what it's trying to say.

Bites, podrías decirme que hace el QuadSphere?? Cúal es el objetivo del power up? Es cómo el Berserk??

No soy bueno en el Inglés, pero tú, con algo.más de tiempo podrás comprenderlo más.

Lo que los otros usuarios quieren decir es que la frase no tiene algún sentido a la hora de leerlo.

/////////

Bites, what exactly does the QuadSphere do?

Does the power up have an interesting purpose? Does it work like Berserk power up?

My English isn't good but you with some time on your side you can understand it better.

What the others say is the phrase on its own doesn't make sense when they read it. It's like reading another language for them.

Edited by Gerardo194

2 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

Bites, podrías decirme que hace el QuadSphere?? Cúal es el objetivo del power up? Es cómo el Berserk??

No soy bueno en el Inglés, pero tú, con algo.más de tiempo podrás comprenderlo más.

Lo que los otros usuarios quieren decir es que la frase no tiene algún sentido a la hora de leerlo.

/////////

Bites, what exactly does the QuadSphere do?

Does the power up have an interesting purpose? Does it work like Berserk power up?

My English isn't good but you with some time on your side you can understand it better.

What the others say is the phrase on its own doesn't make sense when they read it. It's like reading another language for them.

El Quad Damage es un powerup de Quake y también de Doom 2016 que Quadriplica el daño osea el daño x4 por eso se llama Quad Damage o como se le dice en españa Daño Quadruple

" Quad Damage! " Would definitely be the best. Its short and gets the point across like Alper002 said. " Shot and fear. Until it is done " doesn't make any sense and is broken english. I'm assuming english isn't your native language?

Claro, conozco esos power up. Yo sé que quieres incluir la famosa frase "Rip and tear, until it is done" pero "shot and fear" no tiene ningun significado.

Sería cambiar el shot (disparó) a shoot (disparar) pero tampoco.

He aquí que te doy una nueva frase sacada del.Doom comic:

"Lord Amighty, I feel my temperature risin'!"

Ahora lo que puedes hacer es poner:

"Quadsphere!! I feel my temperature risin'!"

///////

Of course I know those power ups. 

I know you want to add the famous "Rip and tear" phrase to it, but here I give you a new phrase taken straight from the Doom comic itself:

"Lord Amighty, I feel my temperature risin'!"

Now, you could add this one to your power up:

"Quadsphere!! I feel my temperature risin'!"