Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Squonk

Ultimate Doom demos [-complevel 3]

wow, very nice, 4 seconds ahead even at the end of e1m6. shame about e1m7, you didn't even seem to do that much wrong besides getting blocked randomly by monsters on every corner and that ate up 10 seconds quickly, heh. I still can't believe the luck I had there in my demo.

Wow thank you ZeroMaster! I must say that I learned a couple of strats from your run :). Yeah that e1m7, I was way too nervous and a lot went wrong. My best was a 1:15 once I think, but I usually get a 1:18/17 if things go well. That 1:12 is really crazy! Imagine what time you can get with a less unlucky e1m5. I'm gonna take some break and play some other games now, not sure if i'm gonna try to improve my time. Maybe someday with a fresh mind and some more practice hehe. But first some level runs probably.

Is there some reason you aren't doing nightmare? If you want a challenge over UV, that's a better option since your run will be listed under an established category. Pacifist with -fast on will be dumped into "Other".

Btw, these aren't "UV-Fast pacifist" since that would actually be the UV fast category (all kills / secrets on -fast) with the added need for pacifist.

2 minutes ago, kraflab said:

Is there some reason you aren't doing nightmare? If you want a challenge over UV, that's a better option since your run will be listed under an established category. Pacifist with -fast on will be dumped into "Other".

Btw, these aren't "UV-Fast pacifist" since that would actually be the UV fast category (all kills / secrets on -fast) with the added need for pacifist.

I'm not very familiar with the categories since I'm technically not a speedrunner, just someone who tried to do something with a map, but thanks for the info anyway.

It's a good point though, since I intend to do that map the Pacifist way there's no reason not to do NM instead, nothing is going to respawn. It's probably still going to be 0:17 at best though.

6 hours ago, kraflab said:

Something I'm curious for a while but I haven't tested it out. I've heard that monsters on "UV with -Fast" act differently from "NM". The thing I read said that NM also removes the cooldown of monsters attacking or something like that, but I'm actually not sure.

2 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Something I'm curious for a while but I haven't tested it out. I've heard that monsters on "UV with -Fast" act differently from "NM". The thing I read said that NM also removes the cooldown of monsters attacking or something like that, but I'm actually not sure.

According to Doom Wiki: The fast monsters setting is automatically activated when playing using Nightmare difficulty, although in this skill level they also attack immediately on sight, while in mere fast mode a couple of steps are usually evident before their first attack occurs. 

22 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Yes, on Nightmare! monsters attack immediately, hence why Hell Revealed's MAP18: Hard Attack doesn't have any NM demos, not even TAS, despite having a few UV -Fast ones.

"UV Speed (or Pacifist) with -fast monsters" is a category with a right to exist, since in many maps it will play very differently from NM when you have to revisit areas. If that's what you're interested in recording, it makes sense to do so. But when that isn't the case, then there is little reason not to record on NM instead. The steps before attack (link to technical info) difference is minor in most cases.

E2M1 "Deimos Anomaly" NM100S in 57s

2 second improvement over AdamH's run.

Old demo. I was shooting for 55-56 at the time, but this map just sucks.

Could obviously be improved with better luck in pinky town, but good luck with that.

n2s1-057.zip

Edited by Gurlugon : Formatting

E4M8 "Unto The Cruel" NM100S in 53s

On 11/5/2015 at 6:11 PM, Gurlugon said:

I think that's the last of the easy E4 NM IL improvements. (IMO)

SAV88 thinks N4M8 could come down to 55 but that level is weaponized anti-fun, so some other maniac can have that one.

n4s7-038.zip

Oh, how naive... I was the maniac all along :)

I must have forgot I did this or something. I only just found it again now, a year later.

Also beats the NM-Speed record by 5 seconds (sorry, SAV!!)

n4s8-053.zip