Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noisebloom

What is your favourite episode 2 level?

What is your favourite episode 2 level?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite episode 2 level?

• E2M1 - Deimos Anomaly
    • E2M2 - Containment Area
    • E2M3 - Refinery
    • E2M4 - Deimos Lab
    • E2M5 - Command Center
    • E2M6 - Halls of the Damned
    • E2M7 - Spawning Vats
    • E2M8 - Tower of Babel
    • E2M9 - Fortress of Mystery

E2M2, E2M3, E2M4, E2M5.

If I have to force myself to choose one in the poll, I choose E2M4.

Halls of the Damned for the false exit trap.

I guess someone has yet to create a poll for favorite episode 1 level.

That dang crusher trap got me in my first uv playthrough so hard I stopped playing, only to return to it years later to get hit by it again. I will never forget "Halls of the Damned" because of that. But the reason I'd say it's my favorite map: I just love how dandy-esque it feels.

I think I'd say that "The Shores of Hell" is my favorite episode of UDoom. "Refinery" and "Fortress of Mystery" are my two least favorite levels of the episode. Also, "Tower of Babel" is my favorite of the boss levels in registered Doom.

All of the above.

I chose Containment Area but Cyberdemon fight is very special.

Ehh episode 2. I always found it.. well.. meh. It's not a bad episode (far from it since it first introduces my favourite weapon, T H E P L A S M A R I F L E).

Overall I probably like maps E2M7 and E2M8 the most. Deimos Anomaly is fine but short (and a liiitle ugly), e2m2 has the worst DooM 1 song IMO, E2M3 and E2M4 are forgetful, I only remember E2M5 for the secret exit and as for E2M6? Well it exists.

Oh yeah and there's fortress of Mystery. Honestly Untitled works better for Hell's Keep. Otherwise, TOMATOES!

E2M2 I think was voted best level literally of all time, but that was a few years ago, so I'll be interested to know if it's dethroned even in an Episode 2 battle.

I love episodes 1 and 3.  Super love them.  But I despise episode 2.  Every single level.

OK, I can admit that E2M2 is all right.  And I do adore the dark area of E2M6, I find it legitimately super tense.  So I picked E2M6.  Although I don't like the rest of E2M6.

E2M6 is probably Sandy Petersen's best work, though I picked E2M4 because it has a great amosphere and  theme and is fun to explore 

E2M4 is probably my favorite level(especially when exploring for secrets). E2M2 is close behind.

I don't like E2M6 though because it is too Wolf3d-ish (mazey and lacking height variation)

I guess someone has yet to create a poll for favorite episode 1 level.

@Kyoh1 Here u go. E1 voting thread

Edited by ReaperAA

E2M2, E2M4 and E2M6 were the masterpieces of E2.

My top 3 from Episode 2 is:

1. E2M9: Fortress of Mystery

2. E2M4: Deimos Lab

3. E2M6: Halls of the Damned

I didn't realize I had no idea what my favorite is until I clicked this poll. As I went through, I quickly checked off 1, 4, 6, and 9. I realized it's also not 2 or 3. That left 5, 7, and 8. I ended up choosing the only one I find truly memorable: Tower of Babel - one of the most terrifying levels of my youth and one of the only ones that was still hard with IDKFA (the first cheat I knew).

5 hours ago, Andromeda said:

My top 3 from Episode 2 is:

1. E2M9: Fortress of Mystery

2. E2M4: Deimos Lab

3. E2M6: Halls of the Damned

This level gets a lot if hate, which I think is slightly unwarranted. 

For Doom 1, it's pretty interesting, as you're surrounded by barons to start with, which feels more like a Doom 2 or something post-E2. 

It also has a potential infighting scenario, and I don't think the player is really "taught" about infighting until Doom 2, if I recall correctly.

It's gimmicky and a little bit dumb, but I enjoyed it back in the day.

E2M2 is number 2, but E2M8 is number 1 because of the roar at max volume the first time I walked outside as a kid back in '94

E2M9: Fortress Of Mystery.
Barons descending on you at close quarters from all directions from the start is absolutely diabolical. Love it.

Least favourite is E2M2: Containment Area.
This level feels like a total chore to play through. I've never enjoyed it.

On 6/27/2019 at 5:43 PM, noisebloom said:

There are a lot of great moments in Episode 2, but the iconic Cyberdemon fight of E2M8 is my favorite.

Same.

E2M6: Halls of the Damned..

discovering areas for all three skull keys for the blue, red, and yellow exit doors.. while the blue key was obvious, and was right around the corner when opening the door next to the blue exit door..

the fake exit is tough, i don't even gotta lie.. :)

Edited by Jeremixh

Very close between E2M2 and E2M5.  I ended up voting for E2M5 because it always sticks out in my mind as the archetypical Episode 2 level.  Doesn't seem popular as per the poll results, but for some reason, I like it.

E2M4 and E2M8 are also quite good.