Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SpaceTrash

Steam Summer Sale 2019

Just interested in what all you Doomers are picking up on the steam sale... if anything... I mean we got Doom so we've got everything we need already, right?

I just picked up Wrack, modern take on an Old School FPS that's down to sub-£2 level. It's pretty good, early levels are pretty dull but it picks up after a bit. 

How about you, any retro FPS you're interested in? I was thinking about grabbing Redneck Rampage too. 

Edited by OrbitalSpaceGarbage

7 hours ago, OrbitalSpaceGarbage said:

How about you, any retro FPS you're interested in?

I think I'm gonna grab Diekatana cause it's $1 and I heard there's a patch that makes it good.

8 hours ago, OrbitalSpaceGarbage said:

Just interested in what all you Doomers are picking up on the steam sale... if anything... I mean we got Doom so we've got everything we need already, right?

I just picked up Wrack, modern take on an Old School FPS that's down to sub-£2 level. It's pretty good, early levels are pretty dull but it picks up after a bit. 

How about you, any retro FPS you're interested in? I was thinking about grabbing Redneck Rampage too. 

I think Wrack is more of a 3D Contra without Contra's environments.

Most everything I've bought has no real consequence. I bought most of the unknown indie games because the $10 - $15 games suddenly decided to go $1.

Only thing I got so far was Mega Man 11 at a 33% discount, and I still got plenty of change to spare!

You can get $5 off your next purchase if you are willing to participate in the stupid summer race event too. I don't know how it interacts with games already on sale or games that already cost <$5.

i feel guilty about buying indie games on sale
the insane amount of work that goes into a game that becomes an eighty pence title on steam deserves more

got about seventy games on GOG and i feel dumb about that too cos I have beaten about twelve of 'em

I finally got DUSK - Intruder Edition, AMID EVIL - Warrior Edition, and Shadow Warrior 2 Deluxe.  All of those were on my Steam wishlist for a while as I was waiting for them to go on sale.  So far I have only finished SW2's story, though I am enjoying all of the games.

I'm also looking forward to these upcoming FPS games:  Prodeus, Hellbound, Ion Maiden, and WRATH: Aeon of Ruin.

Edited by TheUltimateDoomer666

I haven't bothered to look at Steam all that much during the sale. I went to go through my Queue the other day and it was grinding so I closed it and never went back.

I almost never buy stuff during the sales anymore. I have most of the games I want and like, and I just can't get into modern games and most current indie games.

Finally got Dusk (its presentation hits just the right spots Amid Evil doesn't), Salt & Sanctuary (2D Soulsborne-ish metroidvania) and Disgaea. Above my usual sale spending limit, but I feel like the games were worth it :D

I'm refraining from buying anything this year.

Its been a few years or so since I bought some games on a seasonal Steam sale.

D-XIYKeXsAEKzDc.png

I'm trying to avoid padding my collection further, but TheUltimateDoomer666 has listed stuff I'd be very tempted by.

I got a couple games this summer, but the only one to write home about for me is Night in the Woods. Not sure I'll buy much else.

On 6/30/2019 at 4:42 AM, MFG38 said:

I'm refraining from buying anything this year.

Good call honestly. Valve/Steam is pretty dreadful and this summer sale grand prix gimmick is a total shitshow.

As i can't purchase anything from GOG with my Visa gift cards that i usually buy since they only work in the USA (or the country that you purchase them in) and apparently GOG is European based, i just use Steam or HumbleBundle instead (at least that way i can sometimes purchase GOG games). As much as i like DRM, i don't see Valve/Steam going bankrupt anytime soon although i wouldn't mind an official option to DL a game after you have purchased it.

Anyways i purchased some as i have quite a few on my Wishlist but i doubt i'll get to playing them anytime soon. 

Steam Sale purchases so far:

-Turok Bundle (Turok & Turok 2: Seeds of Evil)

-Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package

-Wolf Pack (Wolfenstein 3D, Spear of Destiny & Return to Castle Wolfenstein)

-Valve Complete Pack