Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

Supplice - Out now on Steam!

Good to see some action in here. I just recently discovered this and am amazed by the new textures and sprites. Gorgeous looking stuff, can‘t wait to see this released. 

you are a machine Mechadon, looks incredible. phenomenal texture work too!

Impressive work Mechadon & Cage, as always.
I love the industrial, somewhat Quake II-ish vibes that come from the second screenshot set.

12 minutes ago, WH-Wilou84 said:

I love the industrial, somewhat Quake II-ish vibes that come from the second screenshot set.

I was gonna say the same thing

Funny, I was thinking about how Supplice is going today.

This looks fantastic.

Superb. On sight, I'd think this was a standalone modern-retro release alongside Ion Maiden, Dusk, Strafe et al.  But with a stronger and more consistent art style, especially over the last two.

That rusty orange is delicious.  

When?

13 minutes ago, holaareola said:

Superb. On sight, I'd think this was a standalone modern-retro release alongside Ion Maiden, Dusk, Strafe et al.  But with a stronger and more consistent art style, especially over the last two.

Psst!... wanna know a secret.

One of the guys working on Supplice is an Ion Maiden dev.

I only have one question. Will this be done by 2021? This has been my most anticipated mod/wad/TC ever since I found out about it. The screenies are, simply put, jaw-dropping and the new guns look very fun to use :)

Hey sorry for the lack of updates.  I did make a post on my webzone recently where I talked a little bit about the project.  The short version is that I've had to deal with some personal issues that have slowed me down.  I'm gonna lay off the DM maps for a while and start working on the main campaign maps again soon, I just need to get in a place where I can get my motivation back.

On 7/27/2019 at 7:41 PM, Firedust said:

I only have one question. Will this be done by 2021? This has been my most anticipated mod/wad/TC ever since I found out about it. The screenies are, simply put, jaw-dropping and the new guns look very fun to use :)

Sorry I missed your post!  Finishing this sometime in 2021 would be great and doesn't sound too unrealistic (if I can get back to doing regular mapping).  I guess we'll see :)

man if I could space jam anyone's mapping talents, it'd be yours Mechadon. beautiful stuff as always, you are a legend

Thank you guys, y'all are always so kind :)

I'm definitely going to try and make more use of portals in the rest of the maps.  The next map I'm planning on making is going to be for the floating techbase setting (basically the same theme as that last DM map with the orange/yellow colors).  That setting in particular will benefit heavily from portal-enhanced layouts/architecture, just so long as I can get them working well.  The first-half of episode 3 will also benefit heavily from portals since we want to try some surrealist stuff there.

I'm still grappling with how they work though, so we'll see if I can make good use of them or not :P

Like I said on Twitter, it reminds me of Eviternity if it was a full-blown total conversion, the palette is similar, notably the green range being more of a turquoise. The rocket launcher looks like an amalgamation of the Quake III and Unreal Tournament equivalent. Weapon art is very Ion Fury (hello @Cage!), but "tech" wise its more akin to nu-Doom. I love the aesthetic for everything! The Doom 64 monsters used as a base to build upon is also a great touch.

This looks quite gorgeous and I can't wait to check this out. Awesome work, all around! Greetings to the entire team.