Find results in...
Philnemba

Eviternity demos [-complevel 11]

Map 08 No Monsters in 1:00 - evit08nomo-100.zip

Map 08 No Monsters 100% Secrets in 1:07 - evit08nomo100-107.zip

Map 09 No Monsters in 1:08 - evit09nomo-108.zip

Map 10 No Monsters in 2:00 - evit10nomo-200.zip

Map 10 No Monsters 100% Secrets in 2:00 - evit10nomo100-200.zip

And my very first crack at a Ep1 NoMo run. Plenty of junky movement but considering this was the first time I tried two or more maps back to back I'm surprised it wasn't at least 11 minutes if I'm being honest, I'm woefully inconsistent (by that I mean terrible 99% of the time).  

Eviternity Episode 1 No Monsters in 10:39 - evitEp1nomo-1039.zip

Going to work out a map 9 route with secrets, get a time I'm happy with, and attempt Ep1 runs that don't suck. 

2 hours ago, almostmatt1 said:

I'll stop flooding this thread with a category no-one in their right mind cares for

I care for it. I've been enjoying these!

13 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

I care for it. I've been enjoying these!

Thanks mate. :) In that case: I'll give into temptation and upload some more. Found a much better map06 route, so these two save 8 and 10 seconds respectively over my previous attempts. 

Map 06 No Monsters in 1:00 - evit06nomo-100.zip

Map 06 No Monsters 100% Secrets in 1:10 - evit06nomo100-110.zip

@almostmatt1, demos of all categories are welcome here. It's a special interest area and the no monster category is definitely appreciated and relevant, especially improved and/or efficient routes and skillful play. Keep them coming if you are enjoying making them.

I am certainly enjoying making them. :) I'm making a start on Episode 2.

Map 11 No Monsters in 1:40 - evit11nomo-140.zip

Map 11 No Monsters 100% Secrets in 1:54 - evit11nomo100-154.zip
Map 12 No Monsters in 1:02 - evit12nomo-102.zip

Map 32 all secrets is on the horizon, and it has me nervous haha. That one is going to be fairly difficulty to route optimally. 

Edit: adding an additional demo. 

Map 12 No Monsters 100% Secrets in 1:13 - evit12nomo-100-113.zip

Edited by almostmatt1 : Adding an additional demo.

Map 02 No Monsters in 0:41 (improves previous demo by 1 sec) - evit02nomo-41.zip

Map 02 No Monsters 100% Secrets in 0:47 (improves previous demo by 1 sec) - evit02nomo100-47.zip

Map 08 No Monsters in 0:51 (improves previous demo by 9 sec) - evit08nomo-51.zip

Map 08 No Monsters 100% Secrets in 0:55 (improves previous demo by 12 sec) - evit08nomo100-55.zip

Map 13 No Monsters in 1:44 - evit13nomo-144.zip

Found a pretty significant route improvement for the map 08 runs. 

Map 06 No Monsters 100% Secrets in 1:08 (improves previous demo by 2 seconds) - evit06nomo100-108.zip

Map 10 No Monsters 100% Secrets in 1:59 (improves previous demo by 1 second) - evit10nomo100-159.zip

Episode 1 No Monsters in 9:54 (improves previous demo by 22 seconds) -evitep1nomo-954.zip

Episode 1 No monsters 100% Secrets in 12:09 (improves previous demo by 23 seconds) - evitep1nomo100-1209.zip

Found another minor improvement to the map 06 route. I got a 1:59 map10 in my NoMo run, which beat my best IL demo, so I HAD to at least match it in an IL. :) and some new Ep1 runs with the improved map 06 & 08 routes.

Map 25 UV-Max in 3:02 EVIT25-302.zip

So I figured id do this map before 24 since I knew it was a short one. Unfortunately almost every attempt is wasted at the end with stuck monsters that only teleport in sometimes. Seemed like I would of had a 2:50ish one attempt but 4 guys got stuck. Anyway not gonna put forth more effort in to this map/ end rant :p

Yeah somehow we missed that map when changing the monster batteries. I do apologise :P

Good effort!

Map 25 UV-Max in 2:57 EVIT25-257.zip

Alright felt like trying another strategy for this map which was use the rocket launcher a lot more and try to save cells for the end which seemed to work out in this attempt, now I'm done with the map :p 

1 hour ago, Bdubzzz said:

Map 25 UV-Max in 2:57 EVIT25-257.zip

Alright felt like trying another strategy for this map which was use the rocket launcher a lot more and try to save cells for the end which seemed to work out in this attempt, now I'm done with the map :p 

Bloody well done, mate!

Map 32 No Monsters All Secrets in 8:04 - evit32nomo100-804.zip

This was my third attempt after working out the route, and this isn't where I'm going to leave it, but I wanted to post this demo here in case someone pointed out something obviously dumb that I was doing with the route. In a map this huge and complex I'm never really going to be certain I'm running the optimal route, but yeah, I was hoping that if someone saw anything obviously improvable (other than slow gameplay of course), they would be so kind as to point it out. :)

@Bdubzzz I've been really enjoying your max runs! 

12 hours ago, almostmatt1 said:

I was hoping that if someone saw anything obviously improvable (other than slow gameplay of course), they would be so kind as to point it out. :)

I genuinely don't know what the fastest route would be, but before watching I wrote down this guess off the top of my head:

drop into lava -> orange -> 1. invuln -> BK -> 2. megasphere -> YK -> 3. health potions -> climb back up to caves -> 4. drop for megasphere in cave room -> 5. soulsphere that releases the vile -> 6. rocket ammo by serpentine path -> lava climb exit -> 7. plasma ammo -> 8. megasphere -> into red building -> 9. green armor secret -> RK -> 10. blue armor outside red building (facing green) -> 11. drop for second invuln -> 12. soulsphere in stairs behind bk door -> raise the western part of the bridge and run out to catch it -> 13. megasphere secret -> exit

Where I think I might have messed up is for number 10, since the switches to open up access to that terrace might be a bit inefficient as a route?

I did like how you went via the first invuln and then to the serpentine path, where as my path above instead goes from that invuln into the pink building to access the blue one.

I think a big potential time saves might be the YK area though, perhaps you didn't discover that you can climb up the rock bits here?

3 hours ago, ukiro said:

I think a big potential time saves might be the YK area though, perhaps you didn't discover that you can climb up the rock bits here?

Thanks for the reply ukiro. You are correct, I actually didn't know that! Thanks for bringing it to my attention, that'll surely save a bit of time. 

Looks like your theoretical route is largely the same as what I've taken (great minds think alike?), with a couple of differences. That first invuln in your route is something I hadn't considered before. I thought that grabbing that before going to the blue key area would take a lot more time than the way I'm going about it, but I just tested it and it doesn't take nearly as long as I thought it might. And now, dammit, I really don't know which way would be better haha. Your way also has the advantage of me being able to run to the elevator just outside the orange area on my way to the soulsphere (secret 5 in what you've written) after grabbing the megasphere in the caves - if not for that I think my way would be faster, but considering that, yeah, I'm unsure. Apparently I have some testing to do. 

I also found two improvements since posting the 8:04, as well as the one with climbing out of the Yellow Key area faster as you mentioned. 

1. After grabbing the megasphere after the Blue Key, instead of dropping down to the path that overlooks to the lava to the right to run towards the caves and subsequent Yellow Key area, you can backtrack a little through the Blue Key area, hop across a pillar, and wind up in the caves a few seconds faster. 

2. In those same caves, after you grab the Yellow Key and drop down to the megasphere, you could run right in the lava and climb the stairs that hug the cliff instead of running left and taking the lift (assuming I continue on the route through the orange area like I initially had, and don't change it to what I discussed above). I HAD been taking the lift to the left to then hit those three switches and raise those 3 huge pillars to run across. I then realised while routing that those 3 switches were not necessarily, but it didn't click that going to that spot at all wasn't necessary until now. 

My biggest concern at this stage is the red key area, I'm sure there's a better way of doing it than the way I'm doing it. I'll mess around with it a bit and see what I come up with. 

57 minutes ago, Bdubzzz said:

Map 24 UV-Max in 8:32. EVIT24-832.zip 

Edit: Hey that means I "only" have the heaven chapter left to do and the secret maps... cool

Nice run! I'm keen to see how you go with the Map 32 UV-Max. 

1 hour ago, Bdubzzz said:

Map 24 UV-Max in 8:32. EVIT24-832.zip 

Edit: Hey that means I "only" have the heaven chapter left to do and the secret maps... cool

Be interesting to see how you tackle Map32... 

[Edit] I love how @almostmatt1's comment and mine are effectively copies.

Some extremely impressive hauls Bdubzzz, you're really killing it in this WAD.

I've barely touched Eviternity so far, but checked MAP19 (the elephant in the room as far as your runs' quality is concerned) yesterday and got 44 minutes in a 7 segment run that had next to no weapon routing and ended with ~30 leftover rockets and ~300 cells at the end and a bunch more cells left behind because I rarely used PG. Sub40 should definitely be doable, but I don't know if optimized weapon route alone would cut it.

Ya no doubt I put the least effort in to Map 19 because I didn't feel like learning that long of a Map (even though its very linear) but I may go back to it one day.