Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bridgeburner56

Come eat The Mapwich (A collaborative community project) - RC1 available!!!

Saw a few WIP screenshots of this over on Twitter - they definitely caught my interest. Looking forward to playing this one. c:

I'm glad to see this finally came out.

I hope people like their mapwich with extra spicy.

*eyergasm*

Oh yes, this gets my heart pumping for sure, I am so waiting for this :).

In anticipation. Let the bell ring and signal victory.

Somewhat sorry I missed my chance... On the other hand, quite recently I just wouldn’t have time for that. I hope that the project will continue someday. Working together on one map is an intriguing experience. And yes, all that looks exciting!!

The plan is to do this roughly every 6 months or so and each iteration will have a new texture pack and theme and I will be announcing it on DW and other discord servers in advance in the future. I really wasn't sure how well this would go which is why this wasn't more publicly promoted until now. The whole thing was way too much fun not to do again.

The plan is to do the next one at the beginning of next year depending on what else is going on but there will be plenty of notice.

Beginning of the year would be nice, because I'll have more time around that time. I think. I hope. I really hope.  Really interesting screenshots so far, can't wait to try it for reals.

I just want to give a big shout out to @Terminus for his boundless energy for testing and high quality and detailed feedback for this. An absolute legend and a joy to be around.

Just downloaded, will give it a spin ASAP. c:

Discovered a bug in MAP16 - the level doesn't end when it's supposed to, I believe due to a BEHAVIOR lump that doesn't include the required function(s) for whatever reason. Also, there are a couple missing semicolons in SCRIPTS (lines 16 and 69).

I guess I know what comes after CChest2 on my list :p .

Also none of the images in the OP load anymore, at least not for me.

3 hours ago, Poncho1 said:

Is this Boom-compatible, or is it purely ZDoom?

It works in Gzdoom only, OpenGL/Vulkan renderer. 

Edited by Remmirath

That intro speech is WAY too long. Please make it skippable. That 1 minute might be all it'd take for some people to quit before even getting to play it.

Also consider adding subtitles for people who do actually want to listen to the speech but have difficulties picking up the audio.

In the hub map, the text that appears when you go near a level should stay on the screen a bit longer. I need to go back over the trigger twice to read it all.

Played @Scotty and @Noreason map. Very good looking stock textures map which remind in some parts Sunlust map 4. Good gameplay with fun and quite challenging fights combined with easier ones. The spot I died the most is the final area, the hardest part of the level. Two things about this area:

- Yellow key switch that gives the megasphere is quite easy to miss and cannot be reached outside of vile-jump once you are in the exit room        (unless I missed something obvious)

- I'd move one of the soulspheres on the pillars in the lava pit since it's very easy to grab both wasting one

cool and fun map, gj

@MFG38 thanks for that. That was on old bug that had been fixed but has reappeared due to those missing semicolons. I'll upload a hotfix after work today with a fix for that. In the mean time you can use change map to go back to the hub which will keep the hub scripts working so you can complete the wad

I'll remove the player freeze during the voice over so if people want they can get stuck in straight away.

@Snikle original feedback was that is was up for too long so I'm leaving it as is for now. If more people say they want it up longer then I'll tweak it 

Well, this is a nice surprise. I didn't have this project on my radar at all, but Map02 (Technical Difficulties) alone is worth the download already. Gorgeous infested techbase map with superb lighting and a great sense of progression throughout. If the rest of the maps is anywhere close to this in quality, I'd say we have a serious Cacoward contender here.