Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IMJack

Music value

About how much did you spend on CDs this year?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. About how much did you spend on CDs this year?

• $0 (filthy music pirate)
    • <= $20 (one or two CDs)
    • <= $50 (lightweight)
    • <= $100 (average)
    • <= $200 (heavyweight)
    • > $250 (the RIAA loves you)
    • I m not telling!!!

Here's a poll question for ye: How much money did you think you spent this year on music? CD's, casettes, vinyl, whatever. Not counting gifts for other people, but counting gifts people got for you.

Bonus question: What kind of value per track are you getting? Money per song, or songs to the dollar, whatever.

And for you music pirates: How many of the CDs you actually buy do you rip and put up to share?

Currency converter

Another poll where I can't actually vote in any of the categories! I haven't bought any music CDs this year, and I haven't pirated any music either. I already have lots of CDs that I like, and rarely feel the need to buy new ones.

I usually enter a music store with one or two cd's in mind and end up dragging a backpack full of 'em home.

I've been lying low a bit since my economy has been somewhat tight at the moment.

The only mp3's I have (with exception of a Tapeworm bootleg) are game music, demos and hobby music. RIAA loves me, but it's not returned.

It's been pretty crap for albums (IMO) this year, as I only got 6 of them, totalling about £80 (about $120), so that's heavyweight (doesn't sound right at all - I'd say that's lightweight).

Last year was great, though.

Im a filthy music pirate.
I havent bought a CD in like 5 years, but have a collectionof over 700 mp3s (not bad for a 56k connection). I own maybe 60 CDs total, but half of that is stuff I downloaded and burned, or copied from someone else.

well lucky for my pocketbook, today's music sucks ass.
I've only bought about 10 cds this year.
I think 1986 was my boom year... got about 1000 albums that year. :)

Arrr!!! Music pirate ahoy!

I've bought a couple of CDs this year though.

I don't understand how people can be so obsessed with music. Like HT_ can a person just sit on their bed and listen to audio ____? The very idea seems so incredibly dull, passive, and meaningless. The very idea that somebody can entertain themselves with music and music alone just mind-boggles me.

AndrewB said:

I don't understand how people can be so obsessed with music. Like HT_ can a person just sit on their bed and listen to audio ____? The very idea seems so incredibly dull, passive, and meaningless. The very idea that somebody can entertain themselves with music and music alone just mind-boggles me.

What the Hell? You idiot. Music is like the greatest fucking thing ever invented by human beings. For once, the species that raped the planet did somethign right. And now you're saying that its meaningless? In my personal opinion, the greatest artists in the world are and were musicians. Some people have poured their hearts and souls into making some of the most imaginitive, beautiful, and deep pieces of sonic vibration ever concieved. To say that its just audio shit is fucking ignorance plain and simple. Now I can see that if you are looking at just pop shit and calling that music, then you may be right in some kind of twisted way. But to think that there is nothing beyond the crap the corperations spew forth from the radio...thats just plain wrong. For the love of sweet, sweet, succulant milk please think for just once about what the Hell you just said.

Heh, you'd better call 1-800-PIR8, but, ofcourse, if you won't, I won't either :P aaarrrr... Nope, the last CD I actually purchased was in the end of '01...

AndrewB said:

You'll notice that most audio player apps have a very small memory footprint, which makes them perfect for running in the background while you do things like surf teh web, word process, play a game, anything really. Just turn off the screen and let the music play while you read or do homework or some shit... I've got thirty hours of music in my main playlist, and I keep it on random play all hours of the day. It's like the radio, except there's a larger playlist, no advertisements, and music I actually like.

AndrewB said:

Well, I can. In fact I once spent an entire afternoon just listening to the midi from E3M8 of 2002ADO.

AndrewB said:

What else should I be?
All apologies.
What else should I say?
Everyone is gay.
What else should I write?
I don't have the right.
What else should I be?
All apologies.

AndrewB said:

Yet again, AndrewB proves his mongliness.

AndrewB said:

well im hardly surpised as it seems any alternate means of communication other than bitter drivel on message boards utterly and completely escapes you.

AndrewB said:

The idea that somebody can entertain themselves by posting such incredibly retarded trolls to the internet messageboard of a doom website just mind-boggles me. Actually it doesn't mind-boggle me, its just makes me feel a mixture of pity and disgust. Kill yourself AndrewB, you'd be doing everyone (including yourself) a favour.