Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Insomniak

Instruments of Destruction

Just wondering, how may doomers can play musical instruments?

It doesn't matter if you were in school band, rock ban, or if you took private lessons, as long as you can read notation or tablature.

Just say what instrument you play, for how long, how often you practice, and your favorite song to play on it.

For myself I play guitar. I've been playing for about a year now, practice every day, without fail, and I love playing Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin on my acoustic.

I've played the guitar for five or so years. I very rarely play other people's songs, for the most part I jam. Usually, I make a MIDI back on the computer, set it on repeat, then play some 1337 solos to it :)

I've played the piano for about as long too, though I don't play it very much anymore. I'm also decent at singing.

I suck with a guitar, tho i've played drums a couple of times - quite good for a beginner, i was told (thoroughly enjoyed it too). In the distant future i hope to aquire a drumkit.
I sing fairly well, too (trying to develop growl/scream, tho i'm a shy bastard) - does that count?
Jay on the other hand plays bass - tho she's not had a bass guitar for about 2 years now, the poor thing. If she's anywhere near as good as she describes, i'll be impressed when i buy her a new bass.

myk said:

Heh, neat threat title.

Hmm, I meant "thead", but well, I guess it triggered a subconscious relation...

I'm talented in vocals, both clean and death metal vocals, though I usually need to drink a few thousand glasses of water after singing a whole death metal song, heh.

Been playing guitar (electric 6-string and 7-string, acoustic) for around 6 years. I can play bass without much difficulty... but I don't own one so I wouldn't consider it as one of my instrumental abilities.

I played Alto Saxophone for 3 years, but that was through school, and I'm done with that. Oh yeah, I played timpani drums occasionally in the percussion band. That and the congo drums.

I can do basic piano stuff (eg. video game music, random guitar riffs converted to piano).

I've been told that I have a good voice, but I hate singing in front of other people.

and ya...

Any musical talent I might have had died in junior high. Just like my artistic talent died in high school.

Before that, I could kinda sing and had to learn the recorder (who didnt?)

Piano/Synth. Played it in Concert and Jazz band when I was in highschool. Now I just write music (midi, CakeWalk) with it. Practice a few days a week for varying amounts of time. Usually like to play Doom music on it, the Duke3d theme, Rott music, use the drums, or do some Jazz soloing with Sim City Classic's music in the background.

I did play clarinet for four years. And tried oboe for a few weeks in Middle School. And can't forget the recorder they made us play in elementary school.

I can play a little bit of Guitar, but I don't have my own. Can play Drums fairly good, and, again, I need a kit. Can mash the keyboard and press random keys to make music >.<

ravage said:

Annoying Humming for Dummies. Heh, I wanna write that book. :P

Well, you got the dummy part right...:D

Insomniac said:

Well, you got the dummy part right...:D

Shut the frell up. That's DOOM Anomaly's job. :P