Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bridgeburner56

The Age of Hell: FPS game for GZDoom - DEMO OUT

It really looks amazing. Yet, I have to admit, I am wondering how this will play. It seems very dark in places, will I be able to see the monsters properly? Whatever the case, can't wait to try it out.

@elend this map has been tested by a few people and no complaints about light level (yet). But this is stuff to look at once RC1 is released. Easy enough to nudge it up a touch if too many people have issues

you born to map because your maps are art, believe me if you do not tell me it's doom, I do not think it's doom

Just a quick update for those who haven't heard but Refracted Reality is taking a bit longer than anticipated so the release date has been pushed back a month to March 1st which is necessary to keep the quality level up where it's needed. Still quite a bit to do but almost all of the maps have gone through an initial test phase and hopefully I'll start pulling everything together and linking up the hub by this time next week.

As far as AoH goes, things are happening. We've got a good array of creative contributors from musicians, to mappers, modellers to map testers and there are some good ideas being thrown around. I'm super excited about what this is gonna be as my ambitions have ... grown so expect something even more epic than what has been hinted at here.

The other cool thing is that the discord server that was set up for this has turned into a nice little bustling doom hub while also being the base of operations from which AoH will be made. I will also be running my UDMF community project so if you want to follow AoH updates more closely, are interested in joining the community project or just want to hang out and talk shit then jump in.

A new age is coming

https://discord.gg/htSPn3u

20 minutes ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

With the very near release of Refracted Reality (you can count it in hours)

*heavy breathing*

Will surely blast through the maps, but I'll have to wait for a new version of GZDoom  first (just to be 100% sure a fix for a known hardware gamma glitch made it into the build, as I did experience this at some point), but after that...

"I enter the gates
Into the realm where nothing dies,
But I'm still so cold inside,
Mesmerized...

2 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I wonder if this WAD is going to have slaughter levels in it. If it is, I would love to see them.

Given how fancy it is, probably not. I think.

If yes, I'm looking forward to having my framerate tanked :D .

@seed

"Given how fancy it is, probably not. I think.

If yes, I'm looking forward to having my framerate further tanked :D ."

There, I fixed that for you.

57 minutes ago, seed said:

If yes, I'm looking forward to having my framerate further tanked. :D

I've made slaughter levels that are detailed that require ZDoom and I didn't have any problems with them. Maybe a slight framerate drop but not bad enough to render them as unplayable.

13 minutes ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

detailed

Yeah, somehow I'm not sure that's the best descriptor of what we've seen from Bridgeburner56...

26 minutes ago, HAK3180 said:

Yeah, somehow I'm not sure that's the best descriptor of what we've seen from Bridgeburner56...

I think the proper description is: insane

I really like the Void Noir look. I of course love all your blazingly colorful LSD-trip shots, too, but Void Noir is so disciplined in its restrained look, so icy and moody, that I can't wait to experience its mood.

6 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I wonder if this WAD is going to have slaughter levels in it. If it is, I would love to see them.

4 hours ago, seed said:

If yes, I'm looking forward to having my framerate tanked :D .

Average mob count is around 1200 in my maps :p

26 minutes ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

*hardware struggle intensifies*

Similar to Elementalism, I'm dying of curiosity if an i5 and a GTX 950 can take it too.

Last time I checked Bridgeburner had a GTX 1060 (3GB variant, I remember replying to his post back then) so my guess is, a 950 should handle it decently at the very least. No matter, it won't be long til we'll be able to put our hands on RR and see for ourselves.

I'm obviously going to stream all 3 after they release, if my PC won't blow up, that is :v.

3 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Good stuff. I've made levels that had 10's of 1,000's of enemies that took me 6 hours to beat.

1 hour ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Wow how did you do the chains?

4 hours ago, Finnthemapmaker said:

Whaaat ? How do you even import 3d models in doom?

Same way you import any other asset - though it should be noted that GZDoom is one of a select few ports that support 3D models.

5 hours ago, Finnthemapmaker said:

Whaaat ? How do you even import 3d models in doom?

Pop the models into the Model folder of your pk3, define which Things have models using Modeldef, and Bob's your uncle: in-game models!