Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

Deadly standards 2 need some testing , you can try my two maps if you are interested (E2M7 and E2M8).

You will find the maps in the first post :

@Finnthemapmaker

OUTPOST

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yz973s89kjdijqz/AABp8848FiI2YN5o7f3_4dwta?dl=0

Before recording this map, i already had played this map. At the time i enjoyed, and i enjoyed once again.

I think its a simple map, well design for a 4day construction. You can see the mapper  have ideas, there are traps, secret (this time i did not got it, but in a first time i played, i did) and a cool semi-dark environment. This mapper (in my prespective) should do more, and kept under the eye for future releases.

Fun Fact: I have died on the crushers...i laugh myself off because its not hard to pass them...but the stupid guy over here have done it at least 2 ou 3 times...

Final remarks:

- You get to the end of the map, and hope there is more maps ahead...and nope...

- Fluid has a map should be...

- We recognize some areas from Doom Original maps....its fine, if its not COPYPASTE, and it was not.

- Mapper have to sit and say "OK MOTHAF****S! IM GONNA DO A WAD WITH AT LEAST 7 MAPS!"

Edited by Austinado

Well I only have one released wad out there, which was my first mappack. 30 very short challenge/avant-garde maps. You don't have to play them, they're old and amateurish, but i'm always really curious to watch people's reactions to stuff I make and I'm not ready to release anything else, atm

MWMC.zip

Glad you liked my map , i am making another one but it's not a tech base. 

36 minutes ago, Finnthemapmaker said:

Glad you liked my map , i am making another one but it's not a tech base. 

@Finnthemapmaker i hope you make more than one ;)

40 minutes ago, EtherBot said:

Well I only have one released wad out there, which was my first mappack. 30 very short challenge/avant-garde maps. You don't have to play them, they're old and amateurish, but i'm always really curious to watch people's reactions to stuff I make and I'm not ready to release anything else, atm

MWMC.zip

When i get the time ill take it.

Dimensional Lake - my first ever map (WARNING: pretty shitty).

P.S. if you get stuck on the blue skullkey hunt, feel free to noclip.

P.P.S. there's a door that won't open in the yellow key room and a dormant arachnotron somewhere else, noclip through them.

Edited by Rince-wind

On 6/30/2019 at 10:12 PM, Jayextee said:

I could do with seeing more playthroughs of The Becoming: 

Bear in mind though, that the episode was designed for Hurt-Me-Plenty. :)

(EDIT: derp, this is an Ultimate Doom episode -- replacing episode 2. Try not to hold that against it though. :P )

Hello man, maybe im too NOOB, but when i drag the wad file to my GZDOOM, it shows the titlescreen, but when i start the game its  Doom II: Hell on Earth E1...am i doing something wrong? Help me out so i can play it...Sorry..

12 minutes ago, Austinado said:

Hello man, maybe im too NOOB, but when i drag the wad file to my GZDOOM, it shows the titlescreen, but when i start the game its  Doom II: Hell on Earth E1...am i doing something wrong? Help me out so i can play it...Sorry..

Yeah, I dun goofed and didn't read correctly at first that you were after DOOM II WADs, this is for Ultimate DOOM (1).

37 minutes ago, Jayextee said:

Yeah, I dun goofed and didn't read correctly at first that you were after DOOM II WADs, this is for Ultimate DOOM (1).

Ok sorry then ;)

On 6/30/2019 at 2:01 PM, Austinado said:

In a Queue:

- Blood: Dead on Arrival

- Trick Or Treat?

Nice to see my work in the queue!

I like how the videos are so far. After you're done with my projects I'll subscribe myself to your channel for the effort.

On 6/30/2019 at 10:39 PM, Novaseer said:

These are all of the maps I've made that I've published so far. Whether, with Depths 2, you play the demo now or wait for the full version is totally up to you.

Hello, Dephs2 ill wait for full version...

Cheers.

1 minute ago, Austinado said:

Hello, Dephs2 ill wait for full version...

Cheers.

I'm cool with that.

On 6/30/2019 at 11:22 PM, MrFroz said:

There you go. It's a conversion mod, but it's GZDoom compatible, and you don't have to play all of it.

In case you feel like playing a single map WAD for good old Doom 2, you can try this one:

Hello man, just to tell you im playing only Trick or Treat, since the other one is a Blood themed..thanks.

On 6/30/2019 at 11:22 PM, MrFroz said:

About this WAD i assume i need to jump...correct?

25 minutes ago, Austinado said:

About this WAD i assume i need to jump...correct?

Yes, because it has some platforming sections.

I also recommend you to download and play the version of the map that has got the custom .OGG music (check video description for link), because the one that I uploaded to idgames has got regular Doom 2 music tracks.

Again, I appreciate your hard work.

Depths of Insanity

By @Novaseer

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/d-f/depths

So, when i started this, i didn´t know what to expect what was coming, and boy oh boy what a ride!!

The work in this is simply amazing and i dont have flaws to give (maybe only in PART14). Each map is fully rich in ammo, health, monsters, traps and difficulty. Everything is balanced...everything makes the player have fun and you just want to keep going. I know from the author, that Depths of Insanity2 will be release...and boy, i sure will wait for it! 

PS: Loved the final fight by the way...God Damn...

Final Remarks:

- Do you love DOOM2 ? Play this, you wont regret it.

- This WAD is worthy....Omg...so Worthy.

- No...the author did not paid me to write this...check it yourself.

- Recommended? Only 2 answers for this Question: YES and PLEASE DO.

Ok so, i cutted a "little" from Part10 to Part11, because i was roaming in the map without knowing where to go...but its clear how i found it...sorry about that...!

@Novaseer in this Part14 i have a group of machinegunners that dont move...i dont know if its a flaw...or maybe there is something wrong i did not make them move?

-----//-----

Edited by Austinado

Trick or Treat

by @MrFroz

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/v-z/ztricky

So, i got to be honest here, im not a fan of a Doom2 WAD where the player have to jump (platforming) but i respect who does it. I think jumping, breaks the game...makes it less fluid.

About Trick or Treat, i got this surprise, and i runned with it.

Its not a bad map, but with open space, it could had more...not bad design, its simple, with interesting features. I got a little frustration, because instead of thiking in having fun, i was thinking where the hell ill get ammo.

I think there is an area that i didn´t explore...i finished the map, so i supose i did not had to go there....

Final remarks:

- If its a jumping (platform) map, tell us please.

- A little more Ammo man...i starved about it....

- The "fountain of "rejuvenation" is a nice touch,

- The "pools" of water,slime,lava, are a nice touch.

- I think you could improve this...because like i said, its not a bad map.

-----//-----

15 hours ago, Austinado said:

Thanks for playing the map! And thanks again for giving it such high praise!

One thing I noticed though, which I also noticed in someone else's playthrough, is progression seems to be a bit slower than intended on map 5. In hindsight, this is probably because I didn't telegraph how to progress very well (mainly the red skull section). I might release an edited version with a slight fix giving a more clear indicator as to how to progress. And I've tried to cut things like that out of non-secret areas in Depths 2, so the progression should be more smooth.

And the chaingunners in map 6 were meant to be on individual turrets, but I may have made the pillars too small, preventing them from moving. If I release an edit, I'll have to fix that too.

Hydrologica (v1.1) - (incomplete)

By @Shawny

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/g-i/hydrologica

So if ever continue to do mapping, this is a kind of example of mapping level that i would like to reach. The author took about 10 months in the makking...and Jesus Christ...is beatifull.

A wide map with 900 and so monsters...pelnty of health, plenty of ammo, custom monsters (cientists) (the poor puppies)...What can i say, a real Masterpiece in design on mapping.

No...i did not finished. There was a certain time at the game that i just did not know where to go...missing the yellow key, and the yellow skull key....i got to a point that i said...ok...its enough. 

Because i dont have the time to trial and error to find where to go...i apologize @Shawny for that...but man...i loved it. The design...my oh my...for me, perfect.

Final remarks:

- @Shawny are you an architech ?

- You wanna be Dora the Explorer? This map is for you!

- You wanna a good example how to build up a tech base? This map is for you!

- You wanna kill kill kill and kill? This map is for you?

- Recommended ? Yes!...if you like long maps.

- Enjoyed this very much, if you have the time for it....do it.

-----//-----

- @Shawny are you an architech ? 

- You wanna be Dora the Explorer? This map is for you!

-Well, no, but I love architecture and I was thinking about it .
(I would never get pass the geometry and math that real architecture requires)

I always wanted to be a map/level designer, that much is true.

-Not really, but I played A LOT of the classic Tomb raider games back in the day. :-D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(The yellow key is in the arena where you jumped down where the yellow doors are. You just need to approach the giant gate on the opposite side of the ledge where you dropped off and the gate will open and after that you can´t get lost.)

Don´t apologize that you did not finish the map. If you are not having fun you should not force yourself. We, as mappers (I know you map too) should think about how other people will play the map and (I feel) we should make maps fun for people, not speaking about difficulty necessarily or map type (maze like, slaughter map etc.).

More people got lost (as far as feedback from other people go) despite I marked all keys on the map (by creating keycard shaped sector that is visible from the start that people can easily find them) I also made colored door near the keys as an indicator. What I am trying to say is that I am partially responsible for not sign posting the key enough in such a large map.

Then again, keys are kinda out of the way because I wanted (and I did) to create an alternative dimension arenas on UV+ where the keys are located and that requires some specific elements to seem seamless and putting keys on easy and normal in the more visible place would kinda ruin the illusion when played on UV+.

Anyway, yeah, the map took a lot of time to create, but I am pleased with the layout and overall structure, however I need to convert map format into UDMF and fix all the missalinged textures, some advanced scripting would be also nice, smooth out the lights etc. What I am trying to say is that with patience and a vision you can create map like this, because from the technical point this map is little bit messy.

Just a note, I love how at the end of part 6 you opened the map, noped, closed the map and quit the game. :-D

On the other note I have seen @HAK3180 played your maps. (His playthrough helped me a lot too and basically was the reason I released v1.1 which is better in every way).

And as he said they can be better visually, but you have some great monster placements and maps elements in there. Keep it up.

Dark Encounters (incomplete)     @Payload4367

By Paul Dechene

So, i played this WAD and what a GEM ladies and gentlemen. Yes it is incomplete not because i could not finish it, because i was starting map11, and when i realized that it was only map11, from 32...i said. Ok...this is really good...and i think i have enough material here...and i do!

This is a kind of WAD that in my perspective, its a beatifull example how mappers should try to follow!(myself included, thanks by the way !!)

The maps are not very big, but rich in monsters, there is sounds of nature...music rock kicking your ass while you are playing...and beautifull design. 

Im sure gonna put this WAD in archive so i can finish it one day. I died alot playing it because, first im kinda noob, and second, i was joking around sometimes...sorry.

Final remarks:

- Its Challenging! But in a so special way...

- Every map you play, you cant stop to admire the work and passion.

- Its an inspiration for me...Jizas Kraist...i have A L O T  to learn from this.

- Its fun garanteed!

- You should check it out....well you got here the videos, check it out!

-----//-----

Sucka.WAD

By @ILIKEDOOM2

So...what can i say? Like others said in the forum, Troll? Unfinished? A test? Premature?

You chose...

Final remarks: 

- Well...its a start.

- Not a very good Start.

- Dont give up.

- Follow the advises of the community.

- Tutorials..tutorials...TUTORIALS.

- Playing and watching others WADs will Help.

-----//-----

On 6/30/2019 at 7:01 PM, Austinado said:

-  Golden City (canceled...i dont understand why, but it seems i cant run it in GZDOOM)

Hmmh - strange. Nobody else had problems with it so far. You need to load both included wads of course, but other than this there shouldn't be any trouble. 

Well, it's probably better if you wait another week, because Map02 in in it's final design- and testing-stage now.

Just keep an eye on it. :)

6 minutes ago, theDia said:

Hmmh - strange. Nobody else had problems with it so far. You need to load both included wads of course, but other than this there shouldn't be any trouble. 

Well, it's probably better if you wait another week, because Map02 in in it's final design- and testing-stage now.

Just keep an eye on it. :)

Alright then ;)