• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
⇛Marnetmar⇛

Hey a beta for Black Mesa Xen is out

Yeah 3 days ago, also look at this:

Spoiler

65457100_2449604855272929_66250684823649

What's with the face, it probably won't be so visible during the boss fight.

Edited by tempdecal.wad

Wow. Haven't played the Xen beta yet, even though I've been waiting for the full release for... 14 years now? I remember reading about it on Planet Half-Life when the gamespy network was still around. When it was first announced; because the devs thought Half-Life Source was crap. I've played what they have released, and it's not bad, but really... 14 years for a Nihilanth with a derp face? I'm thinking they really have been trolling everyone. Looking at the original design, it looks like it was supposed to have a small orifice for a mouth with multiple rows of teeth. Kind of like a barnacle really. 

It's a shame if that's the final model they go with. I'm not going to go through and play the beta of Xen; I'll just play the whole thing when it's done. So I'll reply to this thread in 10 years.

I'm keen for a whole new Half Life run, finally going to be completed, someday.

On 6/28/2019 at 5:16 AM, Mk7_Centipede said:

reminds me of avatar.

Yeah that bioluminiscent forest is great to look at.  I didn't like xen's jumping puzzles, but I'm looking forward to the completed hl remake.

I'm in the tiny minority that really liked Xen. The alien feel of the levels was great, and the jumping didn't bother me. It felt truly bizarre and appropriate for an endgame location.