Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Philnemba

Eviternity demos [-complevel 11]

On 6/26/2019 at 2:31 AM, almostmatt1 said:

Map 32 No Monsters 100 Secrets in 7:38 (improves previous demo by 26 seconds) - evit32nomo100-738.zip

Found another skip. The megasphere by the blue building can be grabbed with SR50 from the platform with the shotgun ammo. You have to hit it very straight on though. This lets you skip the whole blue building.

Cool idea for a skip! That'd save some time, but would call for some re-routing a little later in the level, as the blue key is needed for a door shortly after the red key section. This blue key door is certainly circumventable though. The most obvious way I think it could be avoided is by simply taking the rock path adjacent to the lava just outside the yellow key section, as has been recently implemented for regular NoMo. This could be accessed if the 3 platforms are raised earlier in the level, which require switches that you earlier end up very close to anyway. Here's an example of what I mean, obviously skipping a bunch of secrets along the way, but following the general route and making obvious references to points of interest. - Example.zip

If the above was done, I'd imagine it'd still save some time from skipping the blue key building, but not as much as initially hoped. Thought I can't think of one, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a faster way of doing it than what the above example shows, but the only way onto the other side of those raised platforms is to get to the entrance to the yellow key area again, which would doubtlessly take more time. 

I think it'd still be faster than going through the blue key building but at the very least, using SR50 to hit the megasphere outside the blue key area would still save a few seconds over needing to get the key, go back a little to get the megasphere, then backtracking again to get towards the yellow key area. 

EDIT - I realised right after sending that, there's another aspect of the route with makes skipping the blue key unfeasible. During an all secrets route I'd actually need to go through that blue door twice, which means if I want to hop over the platforms and avoid the blue door, I need to do it twice, which at that point would be significantly slower than just getting the blue key. Another example demo showing what I mean - Example2.zip

Edited by almostmatt1 : Adding information

I haven't checked your examples (currently on a mac with no good demo playback) but the BK door to the green building is indeed an issue.

As you say, the regular nomo route shows a fairly efficient route into green building without any key. The problem is when you drop down for the invulnerability: To get to that you either need the blue key or you need to have been in the green building already. If you don't have BK, then the route pretty much has to be one where you are now wanting to go back into green but that requires BK unless you traverse to the yellow building side (hence the pillars must be raised) to get into the lava a second time.

I feel like I had some sort of plan for this when I decided green building should require blue key both for the big door and for the little elevator to the switch lowering the bars, but I can't really remember what my thinking was. I should probably make a less complex map next time…

Map 32 No Monsters 100% Secrets in 6:59 (improves previous demo by 39 seconds) - evit32nomo100-659.zip

It's not a very clean demo, and there are players on this forum way better than me, so while I'm happy to have hit 6:xx I'd love to see how low someone could get the time for this map down to! @Beginner do you have any interest in a 100% Secrets NoMo run? Your NoMo run is very clean, you'd likely have no problems getting another 20-25 seconds (at least) out of this.

MAP19 UV Max in 41:42

I could probably get below 41 minutes within a couple exits, but I'll leave my contributions to this map at that and let someone else route and execute a fully polished run.

ev19-4142.zip

Map 07 No Monsters in 0:29 (improves previous demo by 1 second) - evit07nomo-29.zip
Map 07 No Monsters 100% Secrets in 0:40 (improves previous demo by 2 seconds) - evit07nomo100-40.zip  
Map 08 No Monsters in 0:50 (improves previous demo by 1 second) - evit08nomo-50.zip
Map 09 No Monsters 100% Secrets in 1:59 (improves previous demo by 3 seconds) (already posted in the "Improve Your Demos Month" thread, reposting here anyway) - evit09nomo100-159.zip
Map 10 No Monsters 100% Secrets in 1:57.97 (improves previous demo by 2 seconds) - evit10nomo100-157.zip
Map 12 No Monsters in 1:00.97 (improves previous demo by 2 seconds) - evit12nomo-100.zip
Map 12 No Monsters 100% Secrets in 1:09 (improves previous demo by 4 seconds) - evit12nomo100-109.zip
Map 14 No Monsters in 3:14 (improves previous demo by 2 seconds) - evit14nomo-314.zip
Map 14 No Monsters 100% Secrets in 3:33 (improves previous demo by 3 seconds) - evit14nomo100-333.zip
Map 15s No Monsters 100% Secrets in 6:03 (improves previous demo by 2 seconds) - evit15snomo100-603.zip
Map 15 No Monsters 100% Secrets in 6:34 - evit15nomo100-634.zip
Map 15s No Monsters in 5:18 - evit15snomo-518.zip
Map 16 No Monsters in 0:45 - evit16nomo-45.zip
Map 16 No Monsters 100% Secrets in 1:06 - evit16nomo100-106.zip
Map 17 No Monsters in 1:23 - evit17nomo-123.zip
Map 17 No Monsters 100% Secrets in 1:39 - evit17nomo100-139.zip
Map 18 No Monsters in 1:52 - evit18nomo-152.zip
Map 19 No Monsters in 8:26 - evit19nomo-826.zip

Finishing Ep2 soon, hopefully. 

4 hours ago, almostmatt1 said:

Finishing Ep2 soon, hopefully. 

I was going to have a break... couldn't help myself. 

Map 20 No Monsters in 1:59 - evit20nomo-159.zip
Episode 2 (Maps 11-20) No Monsters in 28:21 - evitep2nomo-2821.zip

First attempt and first exit for Ep2, definitely going to improve it later. 

Map 20 NoMo in 1:48 EVIT20o148.zip

Felt like doing a chill no-monster run but also because I noticed in Matt's run he didn't do the skip to the red bar switch :p

Map 27 Max should be coming "soon."

Nice one Dubz :) I didn't at all think to do that red bar switch skip, I doubt I would have thought of that if not seeing it. 

I was messing around with a general route improvement to map 20 and came up with this, the general execution could be better but it has some improvements :) 
Map 20 No Monsters in 1:44 - evit20nomo-144.zip

New routes, each of which include 2 rocket jumps. 

Map 31s No Monsters 100% Secrets in 2:17 (improves previous demo by 8 seconds) - evit31sos-217.zip

And this, which I'm REALLY happy with:

Map 31s No Monsters in 0:38 (improves previous demo by 1:40!!) - evit31so-38.zip 

The RJ in the 0:38 probably has a lot of potential to be applied to a UV-Speed demo, if anyone has been considering doing so. Frustratingly, it has potential to improve my NoMo100s route too, which is annoying since I just decided I was done trying to improve it, haha. 

EDIT: Found yet another improvement to the NoMo route, saving another 12 seconds. 

Map 31s No Monsters in 0:26 - evit31so-26.zip

Edited by almostmatt1 : Adding an additional demo.

Andy, please ignore the above post. The zips in this post include the demo and notes for the 2:17 and 0:38 posted above as well as the new faster ones - I have done this because the notes for my new ones refer to the older ones, and I figured you'd otherwise just upload the faster ones to DSDA. So, please just upload THESE ones. :) 

Map 31s No Monsters in 0:25 - evit31so-25.zip

Map 31s No Monsters 100% Secrets in 1:59 - evit31sos-159.zip

Looking forward to getting a moment to watch this nomo run! Cheeky request, could anyone get an encode of it up on youtube please? :)

@Dragonfly - I'll do you one better! ;)

Eviternity full game No Monsters 100% Secrets in 1:25:23 - evd2allos8523.zip

As I say in the file: we're not exactly looking at Looper-level gameplay here, but damn I'm happy I made my way through it. 111 secrets in total. Thanks again to you & your team for making the best wad ever :) 

Eviternity No Monsters in 58:58 - evo5858.zip

1:49 improvement, not going to attempt to improve again. Obviously significantly better than the first one, I hope no-one sat through it all. :) 

5 hours ago, almostmatt1 said:

Eviternity No Monsters in 58:58 - evo5858.zip

1:49 improvement, not going to attempt to improve again. Obviously significantly better than the first one, I hope no-one sat through it all. :) 

Sub-1hr seems like a good stopping point anyway.  60:47 woulda probably annoyed me too.  Congrats! I'll use this to help me with my Ep2 runs.

Edit:  New Record!  evit10-218.zip

Edit:  evit10-217.zip

Edited by Silliest Putty

Map 03 No Monsters 100% Secrets in 0:45 (5 second improvement) - ev3os45.zip

Map 05 No Monsters in 1:03 (1 second improvement) - ev5os103.zip

Significant map 03 route change, only a minor thing added to map 05 to show off a small improvement in case anyone was thinking of trying to NoMo ep1 or something, not really feasible for UV-Max/Speed due to the monsters on the ground. 

I decided not to go for a better map 03 time even though it's a bit bumpy as, honestly, I wanted to leave it a little un-polished to maybe motivate someone to try to beat it and go for a record. I know it's a less popular category but I wouldn't mind a little NoMo competition. :) 

37 minutes ago, tchkb said:

MAP32 UV-Max in 42:50 

Most impressive! The thing that stood out to me is that there's a faster way to the BFG, but you might know that. From the serpentine bridge, you can jump in the lava where there's some cell ammo (it's a clue!). From there climb the cliffs to the BFG. You will have to plow through imps though and there's a bit of backtracking to get back into red building from that same direction, so maybe it doesn't save a whole lot.