Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
furyweb

Sprites 16 rotations

On 12/8/2018 at 6:52 PM, furyweb said:

So this is a Doom pallet version of it. Now its not complete fully but its basically drawn over from the render, used greyscale image from render then drew over it suppose like they did originally with doom. Personally I think it looks pretty cool and might continue down this path, thing is, its alot of work for 16 angle so i might be I just stick with 8. We will see...

Bb8UgRq.png

That looks beautiful. Along with the 16 angles of sprites, this makes me think that if Doom III had come out on an even more updated Doom engine, in say 1998 or 1999, this would be one of the things we'd have gotten - 16 angle sprites (along with the other advancements in the engine at the time). Keep up the fantastic work! Really looking forward to more! D3 monsters are some of my favourites.

The paletted version loses too much color information in the mechanical legs. None of the id sprites have such large "flat" areas, there's always a difference between a pixel and most of its neighbors.

I actually would really like to see a "Doom 3 Monsters for Doom 2" mod. Preferably with 16 rotations and more frames than in the last examples.

On 12/13/2018 at 8:59 AM, Gez said:

The paletted version loses too much color information in the mechanical legs. None of the id sprites have such large "flat" areas, there's always a difference between a pixel and most of its neighbors.

Hijacking the thread to ask about a good tool to convert full color sprites like this to the doom palette, without losing many color info.

35 minutes ago, mmx said:

Hijacking the thread to ask about a good tool to convert full color sprites like this to the doom palette, without losing many color info.

I did a LUT (LookUpTable) that can be loaded in photoshop (or any program that can use LUTs) : it converts realtime the current image to the doom colors. You just need, when you're happy with the result, to convert to the official doom palette and save as a 256 color file.

Omg you still working on that? please dont stop! i need to try that thing on VR xD my best regards

On 9/19/2018 at 6:06 PM, Spicy Cacodemon said:

Blender has a really cool "pixel art shader" that makes 3D renders look like 2D sprites, I feel it could be used to great effect recreating that classic DOOM look.

W99w9At.gif

where can i find it