Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
imgonnagetcha

My Favorite Doom Memories...

Ahhh, yes. We all remeber the good old days when we used to play Doom in the pitch darkness, crapping our pants and looking behind yourself every 12 seconds. I remember, when I was about 5, me and my dad would play doom together... ~sniff~ the good old days...

I think I was a little old to get really frightened by the game (16)... I do remember having some nightmares in the early DooM days, but that was more because of losing than of horror...:P

I was 15. My PC was a 486DX2. 4meg ram (I think, maybe 8. Had to push shift on start-up) 13" monitor. Keyboarder. VGA graphics. 2 of the smallest speakers in the history of mankind. And some how doom still rocked my world.

I always have the most random memories of level 6, "The Crusher". I must've been like 10 or something, so I kind of sucked - than I finally beat it on UV! I think I was sick that year too...

Final Doom rocked for me because I played the PSX version first. That in a dark room scared me as much at 16 as I had been by my initial PC Doom expereince when it came out when I was 11.

E2M2

I remembered it as being much bigger than it is.

First time through map 20 and 21 of Final Doom (Evilution, PC version).

hmm after playing doom once a week for 6 months, I finially got my pc on christmas day 1995 and it was a white christmas, all of my friends were out throwing snow balls at each other and i was in the house going badly through the first episode of doom.

and mostly the few occassions where i got to deathmatch my brother via serial cable

I had alot of fun playing Doom on dad's good ol' Compaq Presario CDS 742 (a classic 486). Knee Deep In The Dead was my first Doom experience, and still the best. Ahh.

i played it in a dark basement, filled with boxes. yea it was great. I have good memories about that computer. I wonder if that guy still has it, probably not.

I remember doom64 my first time all the way through. I was often home alone at night because my dead would work until 10 or 11, and I would play doom alone in the dark. I must say that breakdown was a rather freaky level.

most often I only get scared when I make a mistake and end up nearly dying and saving myself, but seeing that I have less than 10 health is scary.

ah yes, doom.

It Must Have Been About 94 Or 95 I Rented The SNES version, Id Say That Was The Time When i Got Interested In Doom Or Any Type Of FPS Game

I Remember e2m2 (which is e2m3 in the pc version) the dark part with the imps Near The End Of The Map And E1M8 With The Barons And Where You Had To Die To Exit
i did have some nightmares too, one where i was playing doom as the player himself :)

I Was Only About 5 Or 6 At The Time... YES 5 !!

Than I Played Doom2 On A PC When I Was About 7 Or 8
Cant Remember what Kinda Of PC Though, It Was Old For Its Time
It had Windows 3.1 I Think I Beat The Game To About Map28 From Map02 Without Saving One Day, I Wanted To Save The Game Than But I Had Went Into Load Game And I Had Loaded The One From Map02 Where I Last Saved
Then I Found The Cheats And Start From Map28 Again, I Than Got To Map30 I Had No Clue What To Do
I Was Just Blasting Monsters Till I Ran Out Of Ammo Or Died... I Never Did FInd Out How To Beat Untill Way After That :P

Reactron said:

It Must Have Been About 94 Or 95 I Rented The SNES version, Id Say That Was The Time When i Got Interested In Doom Or Any Type Of FPS Game

I Remember e2m2 (which is e2m3 in the pc version) the dark part with the imps Near The End Of The Map And E1M8 With The Barons And Where You Had To Die To Exit
i did have some nightmares too, one where i was playing doom as the player himself :)

I Was Only About 5 Or 6 At The Time... YES 5 !!

Than I Played Doom2 On A PC When I Was About 7 Or 8
Cant Remember what Kinda Of PC Though, It Was Old For Its Time
It had Windows 3.1 I Think I Beat The Game To About Map28 From Map02 Without Saving One Day, I Wanted To Save The Game Than But I Had Went Into Load Game And I Had Loaded The One From Map02 Where I Last Saved
Then I Found The Cheats And Start From Map28 Again, I Than Got To Map30 I Had No Clue What To Do
I Was Just Blasting Monsters Till I Ran Out Of Ammo Or Died... I Never Did FInd Out How To Beat Untill Way After That :P

Hmm, who used to speak like that, oh I know who, SPARKY!

Heh...I remember that it was only seven or eight years ago that, after school, me and my best friend would always load up Mountain King and Old West, and proceed to beat the crap out of each other for at least an hour and a half. And if it wasn't that, we were struggling to design new maps and episodes for the game...I think I wasted two summers doing nothing but that. Good old days indeed. :)

Reactron said:

Please Dont Ban

[chant]yooooou're going to heeeeeell... yooooou're going to heeeeeell...[/chant]

I don't have that many doom memories because I started to play Doom only a couple of years back. The best memories are from the time I found out about all those custom wads. Heh, I remember I used to download disks full of doom levels in school and then brought them to my home computer. I don't remember how many Mb's of doom levels I downloaded this way. Propably over 200 :)

The worst memory is propably from the time the doom archives were not usable for a couple of weeks. I was afraid they would never come back...

DooMer 4Ever said:
the time the doom archives were not usable for a couple of weeks...

Those were dark days for us all...

Ah yss, my 486 DX2(66MHZ), 8MB of ram and a 1MB vid card, and a Sound Blaster 16, she still sits in my basement, surounded by the boxes and the cement wall behind her, OH im sorry, I was stuck in a day dream....heh. I would say I was 12 in 1994 when I got my hands on the shareware version, I used to stay up all night and play for hours on end during the summer, I never had speakers, all I had was killer headphones, so it always sounded like I was really him(the player.) Oh and the nightmares, they did follow me in my sleep, I had a nightmare that I was the player, and got dismembered by a Demon. Those were good times, and every now and again, I still go down into the basement, and dust off the old 486, and play doom on it, just so I dont forget what the old days were like.

Classic DooMing is sometimes the best.

useing DZone my friend and i would add some more bad guys to the last level of Doom 2, you know the wolfie level 32... and fight the syberdeamon and see how much health and ammo we were left with.. but back then we were using a joystick so it was kinda hard.. but we had THE best time.. i miss my old 486.. back when all the great games didnt need the latest $400 3D card to run..

Sweet Prince

Umm, isn't this thread...kinda old?

It's a stupid idea to bump old threads sweet prince, because the Moderators around here get pissed if you reply to rather old threads.

Just a friendly warning and reminder.

IMJack said:

But it wasn't Sweet Prince, it was Gh0sT.

So, Gh0sT got ahold of Sweet Prince's account....or he and Sweet Prince are one and the same person.

BAN HIM!

what the hell are you talking about dsm? i saw this thread here on page 1 at about 5 or 6 from the TOP with Gh0sT as the last reply...

so ha ha very funny move along theres nothing to see here :p

Sweet Prince said:

what the hell are you talking about dsm? i saw this thread here on page 1 at about 5 or 6 from the TOP with Gh0sT as the last reply...

so ha ha very funny move along theres nothing to see here :p

Oh I get it now, sorry - me can't remember things, me so st00pid´.

Mwhahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Uh, heh. Best Doom memories ever would have to be E1M1, the start of it all, E2M2, E2M4, Tower of Babel, Thy Flesh Consumed.