Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZealknightMR

Baphomet Virus Chapter 1: Lockdown (Beta)

This is my latest Beta. Please let me know if the link is broken. (Sorry, the recent file was uploaded incorrectly. This one should work)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DBmN7Um4vkIiaun_2Ci6MnUrwqMVME5o/view?usp=sharing

This is my older beta which contains some content I deleted if you wish to compare to the two. The deleted stuff contained in my previous beta had incomplete rooms that was planned to sprawl out into larger sections. But I have that whole section on hold for a reason stated below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ihIJ0GOWIIgFclCkDBnWmF_OJoVdBccF/view

I have been thinking about splitting my map into two seperate maps, since working on it took longer than I thought. I have been working on it for quite a while and I would hate to keep folks waiting too long, since I announced it at zdoom almost 3 months ago. I'm currently taking a short break on working on my map, but I'll be getting back into it soon, since I really like what I made so far. (But don't let that stop you from giving any criticism you have with it.)

This is technically my first map. I say that since I have made a few maps a few years ago, but I have decided to not show them public for a few reasons.

1. I was not satisfied with the design of my maps when I first started them,
2. I was constantly running into roadblocks with my old map, which was stopping me from progressing properly.
3. I was testing out new features of the Zdoom engine and went overboard with some details that made the maps look way to inconsistent.

This year, I wanted to give map making another shot, so I decided to wipe the slate clean and start over. My map will be almost complete If I decide to split this in half.

A short description of my map.

As the name suggests, the story is about a demonic computer virus, known as the Baphomet Virus, that is causing a massive power surge to one of UAC's tech buildings located on earth. Not only did UAC lost its main power supply, it has also sabotaged its teleporting and networking systems allowing the forces of hell itself to invade UAC's property, and earth itself if these demons are not stopped.

You, the player, must find a way to override the virus, restore power to the plant, and kill any monsters lurking withing the building.

F.A.Q.

Q: What sourceport is required to run this map?

A: Zdoom 2.8.1 is being used to test my progress. I would not recommend using any earlier version. I am also planning to test the
map with GZDoom down the line. I am uncertain about non-zdoom sourceports being compatible with my map. Vanilla is not supported due to the map using zdoom features. More info will be posted later.

Q: What format is this map made on?

A: This map is using UDMF.

Q: Are there custom textures and monsters?

A: I am using both custom textures and monsters from Realm667. I am being careful on adding new monsters in making sure that they are not overpowering and feeling out of place within its surroundings. more info will be posted later.

Q: Is crouching and jumping allowed?

A: It is allowed but it will not be required to complete the map. I am trying to make sure that the map is possible to complete without relying on jumping and crouching. some areas will be easier with jumping and crouching allowed.

Resources used:

Textures.
UDET.wad (Credits: Enjay, Nightmare, Malinku, Earthquake)
Psytex.wad (Credits: Psyren)
Litextra.wad (Credits: FuzzballFox)
NB_Flats.wad (Credits: Nick Baker)
NB_RECOL.wad (Credits: Nick Baker)
DoomPoutorri.wad (Credits: FuzzballFox, Enjay, EarthQuake, CaptainToenail, MartinHowe)

Monsters.

SMG Zombie
(Credits:Submitted: Woolie Wool
Code: Woolie Wool, Ghastly (ZScript conversion)
GLDefs: Woolie Wool
Sounds: Rogue Entertainment
Sprites: Id Software
Sprite Edit: Xim, Woolie Wool, Toke
Idea Base: Mutiny PDW Marine)

Former Scientist Pack
(Credits
Submitted: scalliano
Code: scalliano, Ghastly (ZScript conversion)
Sounds: Id Software, DavidRaven, Konami, Valve
Sprites: Id Software (Zombieman), Xim (Jawless Zombie Head), JoeyTD (Player 6, 7 & 8 frames), The Skulltag Team (Illucia, Player II), DavidRaven (Female Zombie), Marty Kirra (Alt Female Zombie)
Sprite Edit: scalliano
Idea Base: The UAC's apparent lack of staff)

Plasma Zombie
Submitted: Tormentor667
Code: Bouncy, Ghastly Dragon (ZScript conversion)
GLDefs: Dreadopp
Sounds: Id Software
Sprites: Id Software
Sprite Edit: Tormentor667, Captain Toenail, Ghastly Dragon

Light Sources

Floor and Ceiling Lanterns
Submitted: Jimmy
Decorate: Jimmy
GLDefs: Jimmy
Sprites: id Software
Sprite Edit: Jimmy
Idea Base: The small floor lamps found in Mapgame

props

food
Submitted: DavidRaven
Decorate: DavidRaven
GLDefs: none
Sprites: 3DRealms

For those of you who saw my screenshots from Post Your Doom Picture Part 2. Those screenshots are indeed this project I am working on. I'll show it here

Doomgif.gifDoomgif3.gifDoomgif4.gifDoomgif2.gif

Screenshot_Doom_20190508_213717.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20190508_213619.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20190508_214257.jpg

Edited by ZealknightMR : Uploaded a incorrect file

This looks great . Also how did you make the lights look like they are moving ?

I used a sector special called light phase. It will cause the lighting in that sector to phase light in a fixed manner. But line up a bunch of sectors together and create of string of brightness increasing or decreasing per sector, you can make the light "move" to another spot.

here's a quick tutorial from Zdoom if you wish to check it out.

https://zdoom.org/zdkb/zdoom9.html

Sorry for being absent for a while. My life schedule have been holding me down for the past couple of months and will continue for a while. I realized that I have a video of my wad working in progress. It's an old video, so some changes I have made won't be shown here. Still, I hope this will be enough to give you an idea of what my map will be like.

If I find the time, I'll make a new video to show my work in progress I got at the moment. You can also download my beta version at the OP.